2008-01-19 19:31:22

HI.
I like playing muds, but when i click to connect to the cliant thing, such as dentinmud.org port---what ever it is in alteraeon, jaws won't read that you need to type in your user name!
And when i press the down arrow how ever, it will.
How ever once i have typed my entry and press enter, nothing changes for a while, or in some cases at all.
I can't read the room descriptions, and i frankly can't play the mud.
As far as computers are concerned i am pritty average, so if it has some thing to do with cookies or some thing complex like that, please give me a step by step guide.
Thanks Ivandrago

2008-05-14 23:49:32

Sorry, didn't notice this because you put it in the forum for Drive. Try the general discussion next time wink

Hope you're still checking the forum to get this. The thing is the "connect" links won't work for us, you need to select one of the available clients such as Mushclient or VIP Mud and put the details into that. VIP from GMA even goes so far as to include the more popular muds' details, including Alter Aeon which you seem to be trying to access. So just load up VIP mud after you install it, and from the mud list go to add or new whatever it is. In there choose Alter Aeon from the list of available muds and you should be good to go.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-05-15 13:58:28

if you use jaws try to read with jaws cursor.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2008-05-15 15:48:19

Sometimes i have to connect twoce to be able to read. Connect once, wait ten seconds and conect annother time.

I live to crochet!

2008-05-16 01:12:10

Sabrina, what mud client are you using?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-05-16 06:15:04

Monkeyterm or telnet.

I live to crochet!

2008-05-16 08:09:59

I would avoid telnet like the plague, it just doesn't work well with screen readers even at the best of times. Even GMud is better than telnet, at least it's more reliable for reading and you can correct typing errors easier.

cx2
-----

2008-05-16 18:33:04

VIP or Mushclient FTW.  It might be alter aeon...it sucks *coughs*.  I tried to connect myself and I didn't get the changes either.  Anyhow, give mushclient or VIP a try  Thats my suggestion.

2008-05-16 19:39:51

I used to use Monkeyterm before I found about VIP MUD. But now, it's all about Vip!

2008-05-19 19:48:58

I use MonkeyTerm, and VIPMud. And when programming with \'s (which are classified as vb code in the monkeyterm parser) I use MUSHclient.
When using MUSHclient or Monkeyterm, you need scripts for JAWS if you are using JAWS For Windows.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-05-19 23:44:41

I generally find mush client easier to work with than monkey term, but VIP is even easier and can play multiple simeltaneous sounds. Mush client interrupts any sound already playing when it tries playing another which can be a bit of a pain if you use lots of sounds in some games, like Miriani.

cx2
-----

2008-05-23 19:48:05

CommAudio plugin FTW.

2008-05-23 20:07:28

Try VIPMud it's great.

2008-11-22 00:15:45

Maybe I

The eyes, unfortunately, are not the windows to the soul. They are, however, the windows to deception. Trust not what your eyes see, for they can be easily fooled.

2008-11-25 17:55:25

Hi, neo.
I can send it to you once I return ome from school.
HTH.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-11-26 01:27:16

Thank you audiogamer360,
Your assistance is most appreciated. Was wanting to try it with the old version of mush client, as well as the new version. They should be compatible I believe.
About toastsoft, interestingly enough. It may be an account problem. If the hosts around there ever get a chance to check there e-mail that is. Already sent several to them, not only from the address I signed up with, but also, a few others asking about the issue. Perhaps they will get back to me soon. Now that

The eyes, unfortunately, are not the windows to the soul. They are, however, the windows to deception. Trust not what your eyes see, for they can be easily fooled.

2008-11-30 03:15:20

Don't bet on it. The random attacks seem as common as ever.

That's the issue with a game area you can cross known space in the space of 20 seconds in an expensive enough ship, and can tell exactly where people are thanks to the flight control scanner. Not a good combination in a game with enforced PVP really, since this and many other thintg weight matters extremely heavily in favour of the attackers be they pirates or just people who think it's funny to blow people up for the heck of it. *cough* interdictors *cough* twink *cough*

cx2
-----

2008-12-02 19:07:00

It

2008-12-02 19:11:30

hey? Darn, I think it won

2008-12-04 12:55:10

If you wish to post it you would probably do better to post them in a new topic, in batches.

I'll also point out that not all muds which don't focus on role play are focused on power gaming. I don't truly think Miriani is based on power gaming, it is just poorly balanced in such a way that piracy is way too easy and appealing. And yet people complain that ship theft is too hard...

cx2
-----

2008-12-08 03:28:23

I'm going to give the fair warning about mushclient that hasn't been mentioned yet: it's complex and has a bug with the jaws scripts.  Complexity isn't an issue, but the bug can be:
    On some muds, the most recent line of text is not followed by a newline character, the character that specifies a charage return to use the technical term.  The functions the jaws plugin use rely on this character to call a certain function.  Basically, if your prompt doesn't end in a newline, you can't read it on time, and will get it when new text comes through.
    the fix:
    On many muds, the prompt can be customized to include a newline character.  On those that it can't, it does more than half the time.  If the prompt still refuses to read, try turning it off.  If you then miss some text and get it late (you can't possibly miss that fact), use a second client.
    I personally have 2 clients installed: monkeyterm and mushclient.  Each is good in it's own set of circumstances--mainly prompt issues.  Mushclient does offer a more complex trigger and alias system though, though it's really complex and can be overwhelming at first.

2008-12-08 20:40:56

Oddly I actually found Mush's triggers and aliases easier to work with at a basic level than monkeyterm. This could just be me though.

cx2
-----

2008-12-08 22:36:44

probably because of the jaws accessibility issues with monkeyterm.

2008-12-11 18:35:37

I will always stand by my hate of monkey term.  Mush's triggers/alias/macros are quite simple to use at first.  If you know VB Script, that much more power to ya.

2008-12-12 09:14:43

The point is not that one client is better Just because you have knowledge of some programming language, most people who will try muds do not and rather want something pre defined that they can edit and learn from.
I'm currently working with a few people on scripts for alter aeon that use monkeyterm.