2016-07-22 02:18:49

I decided to make a new topic. Since International TTS seems to be a bit lacking. I wonder if any of the developers on here could write a little python Utility perhaps call it sapi5 bridge or maybe sapiBridge? This would let us use older and some newer tts voices like TruVoice and other sapi4 voices in our sapi5 games. To avoid copyright with international TTS it could maybe do the following. first install needed sapi4 componenets if they are not there already and 2. give you a free sapi4 voice such as TruVoice. also sapiBridge would let you set up to 10 voices for example by using its GUI graphical utility you may set SapiBridge1 to TruVoice, bridge2, microsoft mike, and so on. another thing it could let you do to set it apart from international tts would be give you a button to launch the sapi4 control panel to modify your sapi4 voices. some sapi4 voices let you modify certain parameters so you could maybe make a new voice then refresh the engine list choose and save it as your new sapi5 bridg3 voice. If a developer on here could write such a utility I think it would benefit a lot of us who are in other countries who cannot afford to buy more voices. but yet there are lots of sapi4 voices that are free to use but they are not sapi5 they are sapi4 so we need a free open source sapiBridge for those. thanks.

2016-07-22 02:21:23

and in future when orbit reader 20 comes out perhaps someone would write to promote braille literacy, sapi2Braille. a small utility that redirects all sapi5 output to a braille display you choose in its utility you can even have it display in grade2 braille. imagine being able to play jim kitchen's games with no tts voice and read their output? sapi2Braille would also help braille literacy give kids lots of games to play set it to sapiBraille and encourage people to read while they play football, baseball, monopoly and so on.

2016-07-22 02:28:31

You're not the only one who wants a sapi bridge, josh. I myself want one made so I could use the older eloquence versions in games. Also in my tts videos, I use sapi5 because sapi4 doesn't allow me to add audio files to the read output in dspeech.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-07-22 03:02:55

honestly the way I do tts productions is NVDA, a vac line and gold wave, though you can kill the vac line if you have loopback on, or you can use audacity. I copy the text I want it to say to the clipboard via notepad, then I use NVDA C once it's recording to read it. WHen it's done, I do editing and trimming and I'm good to go.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2016-07-22 03:56:15

I would like a sapiBridge so I have more voice choices for audio games.

2016-07-22 10:31:50

It would require lots of works to make such bridge.

2016-07-22 22:24:29

I agree with you socheat.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-07-23 17:24:59

bump