2016-07-20 21:31:45

Moderation!

As some people  might be aware, yet another! ultrapower clone topic was posted in the New releases room today. As we've said on multiple occasions this forum exists to help promote and support developers of audiogames, not let others steal their work and attempt to get credit in the community, and possibly money for games they haven't created.

What is almost as bad, is that this sort of behaviour inevitably leads to a huge amount of negativity, condemnation and generalized arguing, since even those that disagree with the practice can go way overboard in their cryticisms and attacks.

Though the topic was  deleted by it's original poster, Arqmeister banned the user Blinkwizard for six months for posting of the ultrapower clone despite repeated warnings, and I banned luiscarlosgm for a month, due to a racist and insulting  tyrade he posted on the subject, (again, he has recieved many warnings on this subject in the past).

I am not making this announcement as a public humiliation, but firstly so that everyone knows what has happened, and secondly to let people know what is, and what is not okay on this forum.

Audiogames.net exists to promote and discuss audiogames, to share new games, and above all to have fun with a group of like minded people.
There are plenty of ways people can contribute to the community quite legitimately without being able to code, as well as a lot of developers willing to help anyone who wants to learn.
Likewise, it's quite possible to state your opinions without descending into school playground levels of name calling.
I appologise for the harsh tone of this message, but this business with ultrapower has gone on far too long and created more aggravation than it is worth, so can we please have an end to it, and all the associated drama.

This announcement will be stuck in general game discussion and then moved to site and forum feedback in a week once everyone has seen it.

Thank you for your time, now, please can we get back to games!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)