2017-08-27 02:32:49

Uh, that line never got Wind Force. It's always gotten Wing Slash. Or rather, it's gotten it as of several updates ago. When the game went live, it didn't have any air moves.

But there are some bigger lapses that have yet to be addressed:

Recobrah's best sound move is Sonic Boom.
Ninjarkon's best shadow move is Shadow Claw, despite Oblivion Slash being a superb fit for it (it has blades, this is a shadow move that uses dark blades, you get the picture)
Ghoperto's best ghost move, aside from Night Terror, is Tricky Gaze.
The Tadder line is stuck with either Power Surge or Lightning Bolt for electric-type STAB.
Bombusect's best insect attack is Fang Drain.
Rhinodyo is a physically-oriented sound type which gets exactly one worthwhile sound move (Sonic Missile)...and that move is special-based.
Squarpha is stuck using Bubble Burst and Tri-Beam for STAB instead of, say, Drench and Meteor Rush.
Donnammer gets Charge twice in its level-up movelist...y'know, in case we forgot it the first time and also forgot there's a move tutor who could help us remember it.
Grandlan gets Toxic Tail, Blaze Rampage and at least one other half-decent move from the move tutor. This isn't a problem; it's awesome. Why the blue hell can't some other manamon get stuff like this?
The Boible line gets no attacking moves except standard ones; in other words, a level 60-something Bayowoof can die to something like a level 1 Snowmonno. This is absolutely unacceptable. And no, Spirit Staff items don't really count here; most other manamon aren't neutered this way without having to sacrifice their item slot. This makes a fairly bad manamon much worse.

But then, I shouldn't be surprised by any of this. It took a lot of arm-twisting just to get a 60-power fighting type move, Power Punch, on the Palador line - learned at level 47, by the way - because apparently the developer was afraid it would be too strong otherwise. Uh. Right. Too strong, because it's not doubly weak to magic, an extremely common attacking type. Overpowered, despite being slow and possessing a fairly long list of other weaknesses, and no other fighting attacks except Rookie Kick. Yes, Tenshaino at high levels is fairly good, but isn't that the freaking point? You have to get it to level 68 - no, that's not a typo - before it learns Hone Blades, its most dangerous move. And it's not like it's a speed demon either; also, its special defense isn't terribly great. In other words, the fact that we had to basically plead for something this manamon should've had from day 1 is a very strong indicator that the things on this list above which don't make sense are probably because, I dunno, giving Bayowoof something like Tunnel, or giving Frorgerol Superspark, or giving Squarpha Drench, or giving Ghoperto Spirit Force, would, in the developer's eyes at least, wreck the game. Heaven forbid we actually use any of our five moveslots for effective same-type attacks! Oh, the horror!

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2017-08-27 20:25:21

Shots fired

2017-08-27 22:10:02

Hi all and welcome to my 4th Manamon playthrough.
If you want to know why I havn't uploaded in a while, just read the video discription.
But anyway I'm back and I'm going to upload twise a week.
Don't forget to give this video a like rating, to subscribe to my channel, to turn on the nultifications for my channel, to follow me on twitter and to leave a comment.
You can find the video on: https://youtu.be/cIilDGrXBXI
Enjoy and I see you in my nexxt video.

I'm just a random blind guy who trys to learn to code.

2017-08-28 13:13:58

@jayde: i totally agree. also why does the thornita line only get asid slap and toxic spray for poison coverage? if this one would get toxic tail or visism it would be more efficient grandlan gets blaze rampage, toxic tail and zap slam i believe. from the move tutor.
kind regards

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-08-28 15:50:04

Viscism is a terrible move. Ooze Blast should be special, Poison Dart should be physical, and the Thornita line should get Poison Dart. This would incidentally help out Trumer as well. But yeah, Acid Slap is basically Thornita's best poison move, which is just...bad, overall. Poison is not a great attacking type, and it brings weakness to magic - which is already too strong to begin with, arguably - and weakness to earth (though plant gets around this, causing it to be neutral). That said, Thornita with Poison Dart, Solar Conversion and Nature Dance plus Sleep Spray and Implant would actually be an excellent plant-poison type, assuming Poison Dart was physical of course.

My last message was fairly full of snark, and I suppose it was a bit over the top, but seriously. The things wrong with this game would be terrifically easy to fix, and would make virtually everyone except maybe Aaron happier. I don't feel the need to use kid gloves when someone deliberately shoots himself in the foot, and when you're asking forty bucks American for a product, a certain amount of professionalism is expected. So when that professionalism is lacking, I think we as paying customers have every right to make an issue out of it. It's not as if I'm asking for a complete script rewrite, or a complete redesign of battle from the ground up. Most of the overall mechanics are all right. I'd just tweak some type effectiveness, add a few moves to bolster some under-represented types, change a few moves from physical to special (or vice versa), improve the movelists and stats of a whole bunch of manamon, and call it good. If I had the data in front of me and an ability to edit it, I'm confident I could do the work I'm asking for - minus the new moves, maybe - in less than six hours. Six hours, and the game's challenge, replay potential and overall quality would skyrocket. Another twelve hours, and I could clean up the script to get rid of the spelling and grammar issues which plague it. So eighteen hours of work, and Manamon would have new life. I'm not asking for months of back-breaking labour here.

But oh well. This is why I don't really play the game anymore. I wrote the guide. I've played almost every conceivable manamon and given each a good honest try - some are great, many are decent, most are underwhelming - and another potentially good game dies an undignified death. And I'm sorry as hell to see it.

2017-08-28 21:10:15

oops, Ooze blast was the one i ment. visism is indeed  a terrible move. well poison, stone and undead are way to unrepresented anyways. the best stone move is rock avalange or something simular like that. i thin simulon gets it but thats it. dormanoid just sucks and bombusect has not much health. and what about granates only 2 earth moves being quake and mudslide?

marro

2017-08-29 00:57:18

It's unfortunate they aren't listening. So far with the demo alone I've enjoyed myself greatly, but we'll see what happens at higher levels I suppose

2017-08-29 00:59:24 (edited by muhammad chafid 2017-08-29 01:00:51)

Hello.
A question:
Why bearen only transform at level 30? I mean, I catch Eagawk at level 46, & it transform into Martiagle at level 47.
Why the same thing can't hapende on bearen?

best regards, muhammad chafid

2017-08-29 02:47:07

Hello
@Jaide do you know which manamon apart from Dusoket and zintrabat got new moves in updates?

2017-08-29 08:41:15

I'm pretty sure neither of those manamon got new moves in the last update. If you want to tell me which moves they got, I can verify whether they are or aren't new moves.

Yeah, the Granate line needs Earthquake and Rock Avalanche, no question. And as far as undead being under-represented...as far as manamon, I agree. As far as moves, there are a fair few, and undead is a strong attacking type. Skullduggery kind of sucks, but Black Bite is good, Grave Gun should probably be special, and Clobber is excellent. Bombusect hits quite hard with Black Bite or Limb Thrust, but its HP is bad. Fiendour is amazing. Dormanoid is not terrible, it has nice attack, but I wish it had more tricks to use. Being immune to both magic and poison is actually pretty badass.

Cody, please do take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. Things like pokemon aren't perfect either, and I had all kinds of fun with those. As such, don't let me rain on the parade. You may play manamon and like it a great deal, and if you do, that's cool. The game does, as I've said many times before, do a lot of things right. I'm only harping on about the things it doesn't do right because they'd be so, so easy to set straight.

2017-08-29 21:09:21

well yeah. thats why i  stick to fiendour and not going with bombusect. oh and why does expunge get lim thrust? it doesn't make any logical sence to me but yeah. i love that move anyways so ......

marro

2017-08-29 21:19:54

Coming in a bit late to this topic, but just wanted to say that I love the game. Wish the gifts would refresh a little more often, but...

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2017-08-29 22:07:26

See, I like that Eksponge gets Limb Thrust, and I'm okay with certain manamon getting attacks that don't make a ton of sense. Sea cucumbers are known for actually expelling their own internal organs when threatened, which damages them but can badly harm an attacker (by poisoning them). Limb Thrust...well, it's not quite the same thing, but it's a similar concept. Break off a part of yourself and hurt your foe. Sponges aren't cucumbers, but it makes at least an indirect sort of sense.

That said, I'd love to see a lot more moves on manamon that maybe wouldn't seem likely at first. I'll give a few examples below.

Tunnel on Boibul: Seriously, dogs like to dig, right?
Frostbite and HydroFang on Deciced: It's a fish, it's got teeth, and it lives in water. 'Nuff said. Makes more sense than freaking Night Stick. Also, Scourge Tail, please.
Assault Tackle on Terruffalo and Rhinodyo: Big bulky manamon that can run; why shouldn't they slam stuff? Makes more sense than, um, a tree doing it. Or a wolf. A wolf won't tackle you. It'll freaking bite you and maul you.
Quake/Earthquake on Rhinodyo: If a donkey can quake, why can't a rhino? Hell, even a baby whale (Tarba) can use Earthquake, so what gives here?
Power Surge on Lamgurk: Hold on a minute. Don't dismiss me as a nut. Their whool (yes, that's how the game spells it, not wool but whool) is still there, even if Lamgurk is an earth type. Why couldn't it build up electricity the same way real fabric does? Plus, sneaky bur fairly weak surprise to freak out a water type.
Glare on Wizzell: It's got these huge, soulless eyes, why not glare at stuff with 'em? Besides, it has to rely on Tri-Beam and Eternal Vortex/Suffocate for damage, with fairly bad defenses and not-too-great HP, so the least we could get is some more utility.

Aaron was probably the sort of guy who thought Charizard's best moveset was Flamethrower, FireBlast, FireSpin and Ember, and it shows. But this is why I love stuff like Grandlan so much. One of the reasons the pokemon metagame flourishes is because pokemon can attack from up to four different types; this almost never happens in manamon. We're left relying on nothing more than STAB moves, and often bad ones at that. If you want one big reason why one game is dead while the other became a billion-dollar franchise - definitely not the biggest reason, but it counts for a great deal - this is it, right here.

2017-08-30 05:16:04

Well, I do certainly appreciate your honesty. I'd be curious to know your other game interests. Probably not in this topic, but I'm curious to know what titles you'd recommend

2017-08-30 11:00:19

The problem is, the audiogames market isn't particularly flooded with the sort of games I'm partial to. There are some fun ones, but my true love is the turn-based RPG, and there are sadly only a few of those, and some of the ones we do have are either slipshod, buggy or both.

Paladin of the Sky: A solid enough first attempt, some really weird mechanics that at times make the game a lot harder than it needs to be. Weak script, but lots to explore, and some really nice music.

Entombed: Basically an accessible roguelike-style game that has some unfortunate bugs and very little story, but no two playthroughs are exactly the same, and it can give plenty of hours of replay value. Unfortunately, a few classes are just flat-out not very good, and a few others are so good that there's no reason not to use them except to artificially increase the challenge. Still, it's not bad.

Sryth: Browser-based RPG with a ton of unique adventures. Only problem is that the game's development has entered a sort of holding pattern where it feels like the GM is just phoning it in most days. That, and he's pushing special packages for sale more and more, clearly catering to a crowd that has money to burn.

Kingdom of Loathing: Another browser-based RPG. If you like your humour wacky and your gameplay fairly light, this one's quite good. Only a couple of inaccessible bits, and a ton of content. It's cyclical, and has a limit as to how much you can play each day (based on turns, or adventures, which you can increase in various ways but which can't become infinite).

I also tend to like the mud Alter Aeon, which is the only one I really bothered sticking with for any length of time.

I'd still really love to get together with someone who can code competently with either BGT or in something like C# and make an RPG. I've got all kinds of documentation for a project that hasn't gotten off the ground, and it would literally take a coder or two in order to get a project spearheaded. I'm also looking forward to A Hero's Call when it launches. The community needs more good RPGs. lol

And despite all the hell I raise, I have liked Manamon. It's been a nice ride, just a very abbreviated one, when it could have been so, so much more. It always makes me sad when I see something die far short of its potential, and yes, that includes my own work.

2017-08-31 02:41:05

Hi. Please, can someone tell me how or where can I get manamon placebot? Maybe it is here on this topic, but It is really alott posts to read.

2017-08-31 03:13:55

Use the search feature. Seriously.

2017-08-31 05:35:49

Sorry if I was not clear.
I wanted to say which manamon got new moves since the first version of the game. Now by some searching in the forum I know that niamanja  got shadow claw, for example, So now I know that at least as I know, Zintrabat, dusoket and niamanja got moves that they did not have in the first version of the game

2017-08-31 12:44:00

At Jayde, seriously hell no. I don't wat to read 145 pages.

2017-08-31 13:01:04

hi,
it can be bought for credits in the arcade.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2017-08-31 13:08:43

Yep, I have found it. but I have another question. does someone know How can I use telephone in this game? what should give me this thing? smile

2017-08-31 13:49:20

Two things:

1. You don't have to read 145 pages in order to use the search feature. If you'd used the search feature, you'd have typed whatever you were looking for into an edit field, and the game would've given you the posts it thought would contain what you wanted. It's a touch tricky to use, but you'd have been looking at like 2-5 minutes instead of 2-3 hours.

2. I wrote a guide. I wrote it for a reason. It has the answer to almost everything you could possibly want to know about the game. The dropbox link can be found here:

It's a text file that's a few hundred kilobytes long. You can open it in any text editor you choose. Then, you can use control-f to find a term you're looking for, and within less than a minute or two, you can usually find what you're after. You only have to read the bits of the guide you want to read, and don't have to spoil the entire game unless you choose to.

All that said, I'm still pretty sure Dussocket hasn't gotten any updates to its movelist since the game went live. It was fairly decent on its own.

Below, I'll give what I think is a fairly comprehensive list of the moves added to manamon since release.

Tenshaino got Power Punch
Monja/Nyamanja got Shadow Claw
Zintrabat got Wing Slash

I'm not including gift manamon, since you can only get one of those per playthrough, and some are no longer available.
I'm not including moves whose type got changed, since those really should've just been done from day 1 (Meteor Rush used to be physical despite being a magic attack, Tri-Kick for some reason was special).

So yeah. A year and a bit of life cycle, and that's the extent of the movelist changes. I guess giving Earthquake/Rock Avalanche to Craggallem, PsychoTrick/Spirit Force to Ghoperto, Rage Bug to Bombusect, Oblivion Slash to Ninjarkon, Drench to Arctana, Superspark to Frorgeril, Poison Dart to Thornita, Meteor Rush/Aura Master/Rock Avalanche to Sullorb, Dragon Fang to Dragomier or Earthquake/Assault Tackle to Terruffalo was each deemed too threatening to the metagame to be considered.

2017-08-31 17:25:55

i think viralite should get a more powerful ghost move also then because it only seems to have undead moves mostly. spirit force/psycho trick?

marro

2017-08-31 18:04:39

Viralite just needs to be either scrapped entirely or rewritten.
If I rewrote it, I'd do the following:
1. Make it ghost-poison-air type
2. Give it some good attacking moves in all three types (not just Fly). Such attacks would be things like Ooze Blast, Psycho-Trick and maybe even Toxic Storm.
3. Multiply both defenses by 1.5, and jack its speed by 1.5. It would still be a little bit frail, but it should be. It would still have bad HP, but given that it's going to potentially be dodging things left and right...again, that's okay.

Do this, and it might be viable. Right now it's a failed gimick, nothing more and nothing less. Rewriting it this way would leave it a gimick, but at least it would work a little better and be competitively usable.

To make a pokemon comparison, Unown is a failed gimick (when all you have are bad stats and Hidden Power, you're there to provide story or waste a team or pokedex slot). Wobbuffet, on the other hand, is a successful gimick. No actual attacks, but the ability to use Mirror Coat and Counter to send back double damage to the opponent, plus Destiny Bond to try and take someone with you when you go. Plus all kinds of HP and below-average defenses to make the gimick all the nastier.
Viralite is a little bit better than Unown, at least, but it's way, way worse than Wobbuffet.

2017-08-31 19:28:15

well personally i find viralite quiet spammy lol. I think mianeko, if  it had better defences and better moves would be a great manamon too.

marro