2008-01-22 15:09:33

With hal and the Vf I don't find it too problematic at all, in fact combats can be quite quick and exciting. As to your opinion matching mine and Cx2's Robjoy, it merely shows you have good taste, lol!

I have sent an E-mail to Neilsbaur games about Empires & dungeons, sinse it looks even more fun than smugglers 3.

As with Smugglers3, labling the graphics on the map screen and in other places wouldn't imho be too difficult at all. there are one or two unlabled graphics in smugglers3, such as the graphics at the bottom of the screen in battles which give you info about your ship and the enemy ship's weapons and stats, and the route lines on the galaxy map betwene the different systems, but the game can obviously be played quite successfully anyway without these, ---- and the first E-mail I got back from nielsbaur about smugglers3 says there will be accessibility improvements in smugglers4, so presumably even these will be labled.

So, the map screen and icons in E&D would presumably not be hard to make accessible, but reading the manual, it sounds as if the dungeons in the game feature a real time combat where you must click icons rapidly with the mouse, which might be harder to make accessible (sinse it takes longer to find stuff with screen readers), and which is probably why nielsbaur haven't got back to me about accessibility with E&D.

i will however see if i can find someone with working eyeballs to play the game and describe the real time combat, so that we can get together with neilsbaur and think out some way of making it accessible.

In the mean time though, we have smugglers 3, which doth rock!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-01-23 07:53:22

sorry for the double post, but yesterday afternoon, I did another casting of the pod about smugglers3 which I uploaded to blind cool tech, sinse I like the game so much.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-01-24 19:26:11

Just hit second lt and 400k in the ORA about 300 moves ish. Sadly finding the galaxy map a pain and just generally stumbling around the galaxy trying to work out where the heck everything is.

Here is how I did it, without firing a single shot. Traded in the initial Stargun until I hit about 35-40k, then bought a Starwolf. Yes I know that is going backwards, but those things have two small cargo bays. After that traded, doing the normal upgrade thing and getting both cargo bays upgraded. Mostly trading illegals, slaves or medical and could get something like 1k profit per unit a reasonable amount of the time with sometimes as much as 2k. I had dropped quite a bit on war bonds, probably at least 5 lots costing something like 250k, but I still had plenty of cash left over.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-01-25 08:54:57

Nice, though personally i enjoy doing the missions too much to just go in for total trading, ----- though I know you can always buy promotions with war bonds.

I've found ways around the galaxy map with hal, and it's really handy for intersystem trading, ----- hopefully my casting of the pod will be useful here, though I'm not certain sinse it depends on a couple of virtual focus commands.

2008-01-26 07:49:59

I'm not sure, I know Larry Scutchen can sometimes be busy and in the past they've taken a week to be posted. I sent him an E-mail to let him know I'd done it, but I haven't got any reply as yet.

If nothing turns up by Monday I'll send him another mail just to check the uploading went alright.

I hope it's not disqualified sinse there's that bit in Michael feyer's podcast about smugglers 3.

2008-01-30 00:31:55

I want the addon... It seems to make the  game so much better!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-01-30 09:32:53

I can't say precisely, sinse I've never played the game without the addon unless you count my time with the demo, as when i decided to buy the game the addon came two quid less so I thought "What the heck, why not"

2008-01-30 20:51:33

The add on does complicate things some, see my previous remarks regarding mines. It makes using phasers very difficult in my experience, or it might just be my bad luck across several times I tried from the beginning.

On the other hand being able to visit the bar and drink yourself silly is sort of amusing.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-02-07 03:03:38

This game is great. It took a little bit to figger it out, but I found that it is enjoyable. combat is fast and fun kind-of. What ship would be the most fun to fly. I want to cause alot of heck for my fos. I never seen a game like it!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-02-07 11:07:47

Well it all depends upon your ship and your weaponry, but I've found nthat even a small battleship can take on a large trader and win. Of course I'm just waiting to get a large battleship so that I can even take on those horrors known as orbital turrits.