2016-06-26 07:09:11

Ahoy all,
I'm just wondering at those of you who are using macbookairs pros and so on which don't have a numpad, how do you deal with not having the home and the end keys,on top of the jaws curser key and the pc curser key.
I've heard of sharpkeys, in fact I am using it now, to have my right windows key as applications but I can't think of any keys to set as the home end and del etc keys.
Insert key I guess I can do without because I can just use jaws in laptop mode which makes the capslock key act as insert
so any ideas that you guys have been using? to get those keys on your machines?
can fn and arrow keys even be used in combinations to act as those keys? I have no clue if sharpkeys allows that.
thanks
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2016-06-26 08:59:39

Hi.
Actually, there is no need to use sharp keys for this, if you've installed the Bootcamp drivers and stuff. Just use the function key plus right arrow for end, function left arrow for home, etc. For the insert/applications key, use insert f10.

2016-06-26 12:41:30

Hello there,
Thank you cartertemm! that's really good to know!
I would have never thought to try those keys and would've never thought they'd have same functionality as on mac.

Now the only keys that remain are the del key,the numpad plus and minus for the jaws curser and the pc curser.
Thank you.

Follow me on twitter

2016-06-26 13:34:55 (edited by defender 2016-06-26 13:38:18)

function plus backspace is delete, and you can use caps lock with left and right bracket, the two keys to the right of P and above apostrophe or (tick) as you might call it, to switch back and forth between PC and jaws cursors.
At least I think that's  what you need, I haven't had a reason to use Jaws for a while so it isn't installed right now, but the manual probably has a quick key reference that will tell you about all of those alternates anyway.

2016-06-26 14:54:31

Ahoy there
Utterly disgusted at myself, so I am. lol
Thanks bro, The laptop mode would not just switch the insert to the capslock I should've thought of it. and here I was thinking of the best keys to switch to with sharpkeys.
Eitherway, cheers and thanks loads
p.s. its caps and semecolin and caps and p for the pc curser and the jaws curser respectively (I know I spelled the pc curser keys horribly)
grryf

Follow me on twitter