2016-06-22 12:22:05

It's the end of days for AT. smile

Details here.

In the UK, register for and then go to Sight Village Birmingham, and you can have JAWS for £99 (not including SMA, natch).

Just myself, as usual.

2016-06-22 12:54:58

Ok, this looks fantastic. Damn it, i'm not in the UK. Do they accept paypal lol.

2016-06-22 13:41:46

so what, they've finally found they really can't sell it?  You know, that actually does make me a little sad.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-06-22 16:52:21

Heh heh, yes indeed. They've finally worked out that selling at absurd prices doesn't work, so they're going to slip this one in under the radar.

Anyway Arq, no I'm afraid you actually have to transcend the waters of the Atlantic Ocean before you can have your copy of JFW on the cheap.

But on the upside my brother, who has been "Borrowing" my JAWS licence forever now, will finally be able to purchase his own copy and leave me alone, and thereby in all likelihood spare me the need to upgrade in the future.

Just myself, as usual.

2016-06-22 19:57:15

Ah, the bonuses in life... They come in small packages, but when they come, you take them and milk them for all they're worth!  :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-06-23 00:27:49

So they've extended the cheep offer to the UK, then. For anyone in the US, you can get Jaws for 75 bucks, and an upgrade for 50, but only if you're going to the convention.

2016-06-23 04:33:35 (edited by Figment 2016-06-23 16:13:58)

LOL! All this is, is Freedom Scientific offering some of their products at reduced prices, if you attend the event they, or one of their partners is participating in. If you read all the steps needed to get JAWS at that reduced price, you'll notice that you have to go to their stand at the event. And once the event is over, it's back to business as usual at the normal prices.

So, move along, there's nothing new here.

2016-06-23 06:35:29

Wow Figment. Was that really called for? I don't see any messages espousing or deriding FS's marketing schemes from Sebby. Whatever vendetta you might have, this post seems rather uncalled for, given the context of the other posts. Can't we play nice?

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2016-06-23 14:49:36

yeah... Figment. Don't attempt to contribute to the discussion or anything. Just keep the Inflammatory statements  rolling in.
It does seem kindza like FS are in their death throws. I've never seen them flog jaws for a price this low. I mean yeah, over the years I've seen 10 percent off, in the extreme cases, 20 percent off. What reason do they have for these extreme price cuts. They've never had to go to these lengths up until... now.
It's that or they think they can lure a bunch of fresh fish in with the cheap licences then shaft them down the road with full priced SMAs.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2016-06-23 15:42:14

Moderation!
At figment, man i don't know what you have against Sebby, but i have seen you more than once claim that he has some kind of agenda, which your certainly entitled to believe, but calling his opinion pathetic is quite inflammatory. Consider this an official warning, if it happens again, it's going to be a month ban.

2016-06-23 16:05:57 (edited by Figment 2016-06-23 16:18:39)

1. Unless you take the time to follow the link, the topic title and message, gives one the impression that this is a permanent change to the price of JAWS, when its not.

You may have missed it, I did contribute to the discussion by clarifying that this was event pricing rather than the permanent price change the thread seems to imply.

2. Maybe you don't pay any attention to events or conventions in the US but for the past several years, at least, Freedom Scientific has been selling JAWS to convention or event attendees for $75. So this isn't something new and it isn't being done because they want to trick anybody. They do it to attract new customers, something every business must do if it wants to stay in business.

3. A full priced SMA is $120 and lasts two years giving you 2 major version upgrades. That figures out to be only $5 per month, quite reasonable when you consider that a single major version upgrade without the SMA would cost $150. So how do you figure that a full priced SMA shafts anyone?

2016-06-23 17:46:36

1: In the UK, register for and then go to Sight Village Birmingham, and you can have JAWS for £99. Seems pretty straight forward to me and doesn't in any way say perminant price change.
2: I pay some attention to US conventions, but as I don't live there I don't follo them like I do the ones over here. Probably why I've missed these massive discounts.
3: Full priced SMA in the UK automagically becomes $185 or there abouts. It should be in the ballpark of $142, as that's the price in US dollars I come up with after adjusting for VAT. In my book, price gouging equals Shafting.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.