2016-06-21 05:41:42

Hi all,
does anyone happen to know where I could get these? I wanted to show a friend of mine since she hasn't watched them before, however I never bothered with the described versions myself so I only have the original movies without any description
for those who may be star wars fans like myself who know what I'm talking about, for the original trilogy I would prefer the not special edition... not sure if those were described though or if the described versions are the special edition
any assistance would be greatly appreciated
thanks

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2016-06-21 05:53:13

Yes I do.

go to The blind mice mega mall and create an account, then you can access their movie vault of audio escribed films.
They have all 6 starwars films and I believe the 7th, my lady and I have watched them with description.

If you get the stupid thing about the blind mice mall not remembering your password between logins, just use the "forgotten password" thing instead (it's really irritating but it's something to do with being in the Us I think, either way at least there's a workaround).

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-06-21 06:23:03

oo thanks much, I'd heard the name of this place around a couple times but never actually checked it out
thankss for the reminder

2016-06-21 08:47:47

Just as a heads up, there is Disney Movies which has descriptive audio for some movies. I'm sure more are being added. I doubt Star Wars will have to wait long, they've already got  the new one described as well as Finding Dory, check it out, the name is called disney movies

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2016-06-21 14:40:23

You could also try this page:
(URL removed by Moderators)

It has all seven of the star Wars movies plus "The Clone Wars". There's no login to forget a password and the movies aren't hosted on a storage sight that meters download unless you buy a premium account.

There are also links on that page to another site with audio described movies. Since there's a lot of duplication between sites, the other site more than likely has all of the Star Wars movies too.

2016-06-21 15:21:56

yeah I did try that one first, problem is though everything seems to be down, I just get a 403 error
does anyone know whether or not the described versions are of the special edition or the original movies?

2016-06-21 20:33:32

Hi,
@dd: for the best version of these, I highly recommend getting the BluRay copy of "star wars the complete sarga", it has some very rare versions of audio description tracks braught back in their original forms, including the original cinema description track used for episode 3 revenge of the sith, with an American describer who will literally describe all the ships and everything. What's more, they used him for every film in the series and no one has put them up online like this yet.

2016-06-21 22:03:17

@Aaron I'll have to check my dvd copy of the complete saga, though it s probably an older release.
The films on blindmice are the special editions, they had the scene with han and jaba in a new hope.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-06-22 03:54:40

yeah I just saw episodes 5 and 6 from blindmice, special editions which is a bit more annoying with 6 to me simply because of the music changes to the 2 songs
I did find a new hope's original release though which is nice, gredo never frickin shot, damn it! tongue
that was an american describer though, but not sure why the other 2 were never uploaded or if they even did empire and return but I presume they did somewhere

2016-06-22 17:34:51

@dd: empire and return have American describers but only on the bluray release of complete sarga.

2016-06-22 20:13:32

which is essentially special edition with even more changes, lol guess I'm SOL for those two then
thanks for the info though

2016-06-22 21:40:34

This makes me want to buy the blurry set just for the audio description. Haven't watched the entire saga in quite a while.

2016-06-23 01:20:07

I actually got the blueray release off pirate bay, no descriptive track though
but then again I don't usually need it

2016-06-23 15:27:51

I don't go for descriptive tracks all the time but for Star Wars I did actually find it quite unique and worthwhile.

2016-06-23 17:43:10

I find for star wars especially the descriptive drowns out the action, they fade it out too much

2016-06-23 21:23:59

I didn't see much of a fade out with the release. HOwever with the oens that I found on the websites and such, yes, it's faided out a lot. Seriously, the bluray is the best version of the description.

2016-06-24 07:45:51

the blueray version is also the one with the weird changes though, lol

2016-06-24 16:47:15

I get what you mean. I enjoyed Jedi Rocks for what it was, that new song in Return of The Jedi, but there was one particular change that was slightly annoying which was at the end of that film.

2016-06-24 17:18:35

ug no, I can't stand jedi rocks personally but the celebration theme isn't too bad
my inner choir nerd is disappointed at the change though
oh, did you hear what they did to obi-wan's dragon call from a new hope? it's horrible

2016-06-24 23:58:26

What happened to the dragon call?

2016-06-25 00:59:26 (edited by Shadowcat 2016-06-25 01:02:09)

okay here, watch this
https://youtu.be/RNbzSH84mj0?t=225
first off is the original sound
the next one is I believe from 2004's DVD releases, if I remember right
the third one... well... that's what's in the blueray
as a side note though if you keep watching from there, you can also see all the different incarnations of the han/gredo debate tongue

2016-06-26 18:40:51

The fist version of the dragon call is definitely the best, but the BluRay one is also interesting with the echo as it kind of feels much more like the force.

2016-06-26 20:12:22 (edited by Shadowcat 2016-06-26 20:13:01)

yes, but it also sounds like someone tried to yell really loud but then their voice cracked... and it doesn't even sound remotely like a creature
the first one beats it by far

2016-06-29 00:38:05

Agreed.