2016-12-12 00:33:07

Alright cool! Meanwhile I'll use jaws cursor, It's faster since you can quiet the double announcements.  I almost forgot, It's thumbs up time smile

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2016-12-12 00:37:48 (edited by hadi.gsf 2016-12-12 00:43:17)

Oh and seb, Just worth to mention (So you can track the problem down  easier), This behavior was always like this. Even the first time I downloaded the first version of your scripts. I just noticed it today being super annoying because I actually played tournaments today and had  more than 20 rounds.

2016-12-14 23:05:02

Well, something seems to have been changed in the latest client update after all. Now, I am no longer able to play cash games, only tournaments. The table looks different and I am no longer able to Review the screen with the JAWS cursor. If I use OCR, I can find a few items. I tried replacing the User.ini file, but still same result.
So the question is, for how long will we be able to play tournaments?
I received the update of the client earlier today.
So, has anyone else noticed this?
This is not fun.

2016-12-15 16:57:08

@Chris Here's how to fix your problem. Sit down at a cash game table. A window like an HTML file will open called card match. We need to diactivate the window and return to the chat, so use the pc cursor and press enter on one of the two buttons called open parent document. After that, position your jaws cursor on the first letter of the table's title, and press right 5 times, down once, and press the left mouse button. You should be good to go.

2016-12-16 20:15:24

Many thanks for that tip. But yesterday when i logged in the problem was gone. But I'll keep this in mind if this will happen again. Fun to be back again!

2016-12-18 08:26:30

Hey chris
I'm sorry for the late update. but djblind is working on some new scripts that are brilliant and  fixes our problem of  jaws announcing everything twice, and many good things.  I'll update you and the rest more about this. In fact I'll ask him  if i can publish his scripts in here.
I think he wants to make an automated installer, So you don't have to do lots of instructions.

2016-12-20 12:45:15 (edited by djblind 2016-12-20 17:19:12)

hi all, I make a new script for pokerStars. need before erase all file pokerStart in your folder script JAWS. and put this new Script. you can too erase all file Notepad in your folder Script JAWS. https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0xsp2y90vryb … 9.rar?dl=1

2016-12-20 22:06:16

Djblind,
This is good news!
Can you just give some examples on what these new scripts can do compared to the old scripts?
What keyboard commands are used for different actions?
Many thanks!

2016-12-20 22:54:48

Oh well, downloaded the scripts and had a go with them. Looked in the JKM-file. Well, what can I say, very nice!
I am able to Review my cards, flop, turn and river without any problems. But, the question is, for best compability, what settings should be used in the main poker client?
Now, I used the User.ini file that came with the scripts from seb.
But there is a Little issue I am having. Whenever I join a cash table, I get a message telling me that I am seated but when the next hand Begins, I sit out. How to sit back in?
I tried the scripts with a small Spin & go tourney, just to try them.
Once again, thanks for your excelent work!

2016-12-22 20:09:19

New version of this script 1.9.2. https://www.dropbox.com/s/secem60r7jtiy … 2.rar?dl=1

2016-12-23 01:01:26

djblind,
Was just curious, what settings should be used in the client for best compatibility with the scripts?

2016-12-23 19:33:09

hi, for the moment, continu use the file user.ini off Sebastien. I will make a few change after

2017-01-05 17:41:11

Very pleased to see you folks making so much progress.  Compliments to DJBlind.  I stopped work on my scripts, knowing the screen resolution issue would break all my hard work.  I would like to hear if these scripts have solved that issue.  I also got distracted by putting up my games on www.rockywaters.co.uk and have had no time for poker, but wishing you every success here.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2017-01-06 04:06:42

Hi there rocky waters
check post 85.  That's the latest version of the scripts. He completely fixed the screen resolution issues with his script solution. There are very small issues that are not really noticable but  beside those It's very awesome.

2017-01-06 05:34:33

with these new scripts, can we have a list of the hot keys?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-01-06 12:56:49 (edited by hadi.gsf 2017-01-06 12:57:35)

smoothgunner wrote:

with these new scripts, can we have a list of the hot keys?

Sure. When  at a table:
alt+H will speak  the two  cards you have dealt with.
Alt+J will announce flop.
Alt+K will announce turn
alt+L will announce river

The rest of the hotkeys which are for pokerstars should be in the first post.

2017-01-08 21:30:35

Hi folks,

Many thanks for the work that's gone into this so far.  I'm trying to develop an NVDA add-on to accomplish the same thing, but I'm having trouble with one particular area.  Namely, actually finding the edit box on screen to type in a bet.  I know you can configure hotkeys to set the amount to various percentages of the big pot/blinds, all in, etc, but could anyone give me any tips on where exactly the box is located to type a custom bet?

Thanks!

2017-01-09 03:21:52

jscholes wrote:

Hi folks,

Many thanks for the work that's gone into this so far.  I'm trying to develop an NVDA add-on to accomplish the same thing, but I'm having trouble with one particular area.  Namely, actually finding the edit box on screen to type in a bet.  I know you can configure hotkeys to set the amount to various percentages of the big pot/blinds, all in, etc, but could anyone give me any tips on where exactly the box is located to type a custom bet?

Thanks!

Hey,
I'm not totally sure, but I believe the f1-f2-f3-f4 commands are for pokerstars itself.
So if you press f4 it should get you to an editBox asking you to place your bet.
I'm not totally sure though.

2017-01-18 01:21:46

Hi all,

OK, so now, we can play quite well, but I am just wondering if anyone has any tip on this.

When you play, how can you find out that you are "at the button" for example?

How do you keep track on that? Your possision at the table since this is a very important key.
try my best, but some times I miss.

Many thanks!

2017-01-20 16:24:56 (edited by seb 2017-01-20 16:27:14)

This is probably the last post I am going to write on this topic, and Chris' last message is one of the reason why I am not playing poker anymore. That's right. Unfortunately, too many things are missing for us to be able to have the same advantages than sighted players' do. And what is missing is *impossible* to add using jaws scripts. Pokerstars would have to rewrite their whole software, and believe me this will never happen. Now, don't get me wrong. What DjBlind was able to accomplish is simply awesome and for those of you who likes to play dealing with those few issues I will outline below, you got all the tools you need now. However, I can't see myself playing where other players' have a lot of advantages over me. For those of you who believe that I would have the same advantages than a sighted player, unfortunately you're wrong. Important things such as other players' stack sizes, new players coming at the table, amount in the pot, simply can't be ignored. I read tons and tons of poker books, and things I mentioned that are missing are *mandatory* for a player to make a good profit. I hope I didn't discourage you for playing, because that was not my intention. I just wanted to outline the reasons why I won't be supporting these scripts anymore and I will not play on Stars. Wish you all the best.

2017-01-22 03:10:27

Well, You are definitly right Seb. What I usually do now, I play mostly tournaments, that's because I have actually found a way to get info about the chip stack. I have also learned the different positions at the table, so I know when I am "at the button" or any other position, but you need to pay attention to this.

The way I managed to get info about this was to enable the hand history under Settings. It will then save each tournament or cash table as a text file.
So, once the tournament is running, I open up the directory in a second window where the text file for that particular tournament is located.

If using Notepads search feature from the bottom of the document upwards and searching for the Word hand, you'll find something like:
"PokerStars Hand #164962345589: Tournament #1799789211, $3.11+$0.39 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2017/01/21 19:40:32 ET
Table '1799789211 1' 9-max Seat #3 is the button"
On the next line, you'll find the player at seat 1 and how many chips they have, etc.

The file is updated after each hand.

So, that's one way to play tournaments, but not the most convenient way, but I can do it if I want.

2017-01-23 12:20:10

wow? That's a very great discovery,
I'm pretty sure djblind can script this for us, when he finds the time to do so.

2017-01-23 15:42:02

The only problem with this is that it's not updated in real time. Say you are up against player 3 who has a total of 10000 chips. He raises you 5000, you want to know how many he does have so you use the hotkey to automatically get the info from the notepad. Well it'll still tell you player 3 has 10000 chips, since it's updated after the hand is completed, so it's not updated in real time. Remembering that player 3 raised you 5000 is an option too, but for me it takes away the fun of the game and instead of focusing on the strategy you need to apply against certain types of players, you need to also remember some stats you wouldn't have to remember if it was fully accessible.

2017-01-23 19:50:14

Another thing to keep in mind that the text file Changes its name depending on the tournament or the Active table.

2017-01-29 22:39:40

Djblind,
Was just curious, have you been able to make any further development on the scripts?