2016-10-09 18:26:17

To know how many chips you have simply go to the tournament lobby and search for your name there. If you want to know how much is in the pot you simply use the hotkey to bet the pot (f10) and press f4, this will show you in the box how much there is in the pot. You need to understand that there is simply no way, and I'll say it again, no way for us to use other ways of reading the pot amount, as well as knowing how many chips our opponents have. This is simply impossible for now, the only way for it to be possible would be if pokerstars completely changes the way the table layout looks like, and I don't see that happening at all. Unfortunately, no one has the power of creating scripts that would make these information available to us. Remember the everleaf network? Accessible poker, which were a few people working on jaws scripts, have been able to work on rendering minted poker and other platforms accessible to us, because the everleaf network have been cooperating with them. And I am not going to tell you how many emails I've sent to pokerstars begging them to help. I don't see them cooperating at all. You need to know that these scripts are not perfect. I mentioned it in the first post as well as everything else you need to know. I am waiting for someone who is looking to see if he can creat some scripts to know the board cards using hotkeys, and that is basically the only thing we can implement now, nothing else.

2016-10-09 19:08:39

Seb.  My previous scripts were based on a frame and certain text events triggered certain scripts to capture the last line of the scrolling text box.  Chopping up this string gave the cards, either deal or pocket etc  as variables to be placed on hot keys for other scripts to read.  The reason why none of us could play any more was due exactly to the issue you have indicated, i.e. no cards in that box.  My guess this was done to prevent bots from playing, just a guess though, there seemed no reason to otherwise prevent screen reader access.  My interest was gained by your discovery of the cards being accessible in a text file.  I have written a python file that can be launched with a Jaws script to automate your tenacious search for those pocket cards.  It seems to work, though I do have some issues with paths at the moment, the log file being dependent on the users folder.  I am also working on hiding the console window that python throws up by default.  The python executable throws back the card information to the jaws script via the clipboard.  My idea is to split up my tasks to auto launch the card capture at the deal and reading the cards as separate related scripts.  Given your detailed contribution I thought you deserved to know the path I'm on.  You mentioned some one also working on this issue?  Programming is not my background, so if anyone has any suggestions on efficiently grabbing text out of a text file and passing it to Jaws I am all ears.  It may well be that visual basic is so much better at this.  Chris, yes a frame can be put round the pot value and the contents of the frame be read back to you each time you press a hot key.  I was hoping not to go down the frames route this time, as the users screen resolution used to throw these out.  However I can't see an alternative to frames.Seb if you want to email me please feel free and if you want to come and chat on ventrillo that would be great.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2016-10-09 20:27:18

@Rocky Waters wow I didn't know you were so much into trying to find a solution, that's actually great that you know so much about the situation. Yes I emailed someone who knows a lot about scripting, and he is going to see if he can create scripts to capture the board cards as text and use a hotkey to repeat them accordingly. I too thought that pokerstars were not implementing the pocket cards as text because of bots, but a few months ago, when FullTilt poker was not migrated to Stars, it was possible to play on FullTilt, and guess what? They did have the pocket cards as text in the chat box. I emailed Stars and asked them if they could implement the feature, since they were already affiliated with FullTilt even before the migration. They basically shut me out by saying it was too hard to implement at the time. Come on... The feature was available with Full Tilt, and their lovely tech support say it's too hard to implement it in Stars? Anyway, for the "BIGGEST ONLINE POKER SITE" in the world... Let's just say that they have issues.

Anyway, I gave up on trying to ask them for help. Apparently, 8 years of emailing them every month didn't help. Hopefully we can come up with something to at least make these scripts more enjoyable to play. That's why I mentioned in the first post that people that are not familiarized with poker or the ones that are unsure about all of this should definitely not give it a shot. It would be nice to chat, I only have skype though. Let's just say that knowing you were on the case really makes it better, since you've done this before.

2016-12-04 15:58:46

Hi guys
I'd like to know if any progress have been made.

Also I have the problem that has been reported with the scripts, when I join a game I can't hear anything at all; jaws does not  say player actions, like it does for  Seb

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2016-12-04 19:03:00

Progress: my python script captures the pocket cards correctly.  The issue with paths is sorted for all users.  The issue with the python console is sorted, i.e. it now works unseen in the background.  The way you get the action spoken is to fiddle with the settings.  So we have all the ingredients here, apart from those Jaws frames.  These frames are dependent on the users resolution and I'm struggling to see in advance how to avoid everyone saying the frames are in the wrong place on their computer as my resolution is approx. 1000 by 1600 i.e. widescreen.  If anyone has a fix or workaround for this I would like to hear.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2016-12-04 20:22:21 (edited by seb 2016-12-04 20:25:20)

I seriously don't think progress will be made. Let me explain why. I posted my issues in about 3 groups in the past few weeks, I emailed my progress to a few people, so far no response. I can easily show you guys how to create a frame that make jaws speaks whenever an action is taken, that's about it. I give up about trying to find help because no one that has the knowledge of scripting seem to care. Either that or they think it's too much time consuming. I don't want to sound harsh but it's actually what's happening now. On the other hand, if rocky is capable of implementing hotkeys so the pocket cards are automatically spoken when you press them, that'll be awesome. I think that's as far as we can go though. I've been playing poker using this method for the past few months and it works well. You just need a good memory to remember the flop, turn and river. Again, I care about this so much because I'm a real money player. I know a lot of you love the game enough to want to try playing on Pokerstars, and that's definitely understandable.

2016-12-05 17:36:30

Hi guys
Thanks a lot for your quick replies. IT's appreciated!
It's so sad that there's not a proper accessible poker game.
My story is a little different from you guys; I'd like to play with playmoney, and with friends and family. Now, I can't make  them to pay $8.0/month  for allinaccess so that they could play poker with me lol.

2016-12-05 18:08:47

If you want to play with friends and family, the best way to do it would be to set you up with pokerstars and play home games. It's free. If you have a good memory and can handle the few issues with pokerstars I think that would be the best solution.

2016-12-05 18:57:45

Seb, have been using your method now and for me, it works but of course I want to be able to review my cards in a much more easier way.
Do you play mostly tournaments? I play sngs most of my gameplay.
I now also know what possision I have at the table.

But, lets see for how long we can play before they change something in the client. But i really enjoy playing for real money as well.

2016-12-05 20:08:22

I play everything. Multi table tournaments, sit and goes, cash games. I agree that having a better way to know our pocket cards would be nice, however the more you play the more you'll get used to it.

2016-12-05 23:59:50

Sounds good.
However, I have another question. Have you used any other tools to analyze your gameplay, like Pokertracker or have you just studied and built your strategy?

2016-12-06 14:50:04

No. I honestly find those a waste of time, plus it prevents me from thinking clearly about the strategy I adopt against my opponents. However, I heard those softwares are good for some people, so feel free to experiment

2016-12-06 19:59:58

Hi seb
I'd like to do that but I think  your scripts does not work on my computer.
for e.g. If i click on the quick cache button then hit alt+p, It will go to my account window, instead of going to a game.
I try finding the "Join game" button and hit it, but  Jaws won't speak anymore. I just  hear sounds.
Could this be something with the screen  resolution?

2016-12-06 20:01:53

Yeah I used hotspot clicker so that's definitely your screen resolution. Let me know a good time for you and I'd help you out on skype sending you another script file

2016-12-07 07:31:32

hey guys, I was talking to a couple friends of mine, and we were just going to start playing poker on the playroom for money, since poker stars is a pain to use. chips will be worth one penny, meaning 100chips would equal a dollar and so forth. a paypal account will be made for players to deposit funds into. a document of players chip status will also be made to keep track of chips. whenever a player wants to withdraw chips, the funds will be sent to the players paypal account. there will always bee someone sitting at a game to keep track of chips, so the chip status document, will always be updated. we have thought this through and it seems like a pretty good solution, if anyone is interested or have any suggestions let me know

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-12-07 13:16:36

Hey seb
I see that it's  7 AM in the morning there. I'm free most of today, mostly around morning and noon in your time. I imagine It'd be midnight here once you guys hit evening. Just sennd me a skype whenever you're free.

2016-12-07 14:40:21

Hi! I tested your script hotspot clicker for play on pokerstars. but in my computer it's not the same coordinate, so for exemple, clic real monney or play monney it's impossible. I must use OCR utility of JAWS.

2016-12-07 17:16:20

Yes using OCR to click real money or play money would be the best thing to do if my hotspots aren't working for your computer.

2016-12-07 17:32:22

would you guys be interested in this system in playing poker on the playroom for real money? already have 3players interested in it, just trying to gather up more

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-12-07 19:27:30

Update: Pokerstars recently updated its client and this might be the reason why you've been having issues. The first post has been updated with new scripts and a new user.ini file. Read and update everything.

2016-12-08 09:07:30

what have new in this script? and you find something for listen your cards and cards on the flop with a shortcut?

2016-12-08 15:19:18 (edited by djblind 2016-12-08 15:20:15)

Hi all, I make a script for see the cards on the table. flop, turn, and river. you can listen this cards with shortcut.
I give you the code. now I try for the Pocket hand, but it's realy not easy. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyyf3ycnq1cxa … s.txt?dl=1

2016-12-08 16:01:11 (edited by hadi.gsf 2016-12-08 16:40:43)

some great progress is made, djblind made this script that  will repeat the flop/turn/river cards  for you. Now if he can only find a way for jaws to announce the cards in hand, That'd be cool.
I think you guys should skype  and see if you can set something up. djblind was chatting with me on skype, but honestly I think Sebastien mores lots more than me in pokerstars.

2016-12-08 18:06:21

djblind, you're amazing. I think we're on the right track here. I tested your scripts and they're working well, however while pressing a hotkey it seems that jaws doesn't always repeat the cards. I'm not sure I'm the only one facing this, but we're definitely on the right track

2016-12-08 18:59:42

***Major Update***
Djblind just solved 95% of our problems. His script works like a charm, full credit to this guy who managed to create a hotkey to know what the flop, turn and river at the press of a hotkey!