2016-06-10 21:26:01 (edited by seb 2016-12-11 16:21:50)

Hello,

This is going to be a long post with detailed instructions on how to actually play on pokerstars. Me and a few others are doing their best to improve accessibility and we're definitely
on the right track. You should also be familiarized with the JAWS cursor.
Here's a demo of me playing a sit and go. Listen up and this will give you a great idea on how it works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvh06mgzi8sxf … 1.mp3?dl=0

Let's be honest, pokerstars is the largest poker network in the world, period. With lots of tournaments and the opportunity to play with thousands of people.
I love poker and I always wanted to play where sighted people could play. I literally sent hundreds of messages to pokerstars for the past 5 years begging
for them to help. They basically told me the same thing over and over again and they never really wanted to help, so I had to find a way to play, because
what we have so far in regards to accessibility playing poker with real money is definitely non-existent. So if you're like me and really love to play
poker and are willing to deal with a few issues here and there, just follow the instructions below. I suggest you to try playing with play money chips at first. You should wait to get used to the software and the steps you need to do to overcome the few issues you're going to be facing.

***Important***
If you live in the United States, you will only be able to play with play money, however they just started allowing people to play for real money as well,
so if you live in New Jersey you're good to go. Check back with pokerstars frequently if your city and state allows online poker.

What you need:

Pokerstars.com if you do not live in the United States or if you live in New Jersey
http://www.pokerstars.com
Pokerstars.net if you live in the United States (excluding New Jersey)
http://www.pokerstars.net
JAWS
Hotspot clicker
http://www.hotspotclicker.org/
Scripts and hotspot set for pokerstars
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1aisng7pzzidt … s.zip?dl=0
User.ini
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr2u0h9qlttftf2/user.ini?dl=0

1. Install pokerstars. Make sure you read the notes above to know what version you should download.
2. Install hotspot clicker.
3. Download the scripts and hotspot set for pokerstars (link above).
4. Extract the zip file.
5. Go to start, all programs, jaws, explore jaws, explore my settings and paste everything there, overwrite if prompted.
6. Download the file user.ini from the link above
7. Copy and paste the file user.ini in the following dirrectory: c:\users\your name\AppData\Local\PokerStars and overwrite when prompted. This file contains
the correct chat settings as well as the hotkeys you will need to use.
8. Open the pokerstars software and create an account. Make sure you use the jaws cursor to help you.
9. Go to folder options and make sure the option to show hidden files and folders is on.
10. Go to c:\users\your name\AppData\local\pokerstars or pokerstars.net depending on the version you use
11. Press the application key (the key that simulates a right mouse click) on the file called pokerstars.log.0 and send a shortcut to your desktop
12. Go to your desktop and copy this shortcut to the main directory of your hard drive, for example c:\. Rename the shortcut to pokerstars.log.0
You can now delete the shortcut on the desktop

Hotkeys:

Alt+M: Retrieves your pocket cards. Do this everytime a hand starts, preferably when it's your turn to act so you don't miss any action
Alt+h: Read your pocket cards
Alt+J: Read the flop
Alt+k: Read the turn
Alt+l: Read the river
f1: Fold
f2: Call
f3: Bet/Raise
f4: Focuses the pc cursor in the box to type in the amount to bet/raise
f5: set bet amount to 2.5 times the big blind
f6: set bet amount to 3 times the big blind
f7: set bet amount to 50% of the pot
f8: set bet amount to 60% of the pot
f9: set bet amount to 80% of the pot
f10: set bet amount to 100% of the pot
Grave key: set bet amount to 33% of the pot.
Control+A: Set bet amount to all in
Control+Alt+A then left mouse button: rebuy/add chips when available
Control+Alt+I then left mouse button: I'm back button when you're sit out for some reason.
Control+Alt+R: Register in tournament (only works in a tournament lobby)
Alt+C: Confirm the registration to a tournament
When you're seated at a table, wait for your turn. Then, press alt+m. Wait a few seconds, when you hear a sound, use alt+h to read your pocket cards. To read the flop, turn or river, use their corresponding hotkeys as well. You can do this during the whole hand.

Here's an example on how betting/raising works. You have pocket aces, everyone folds to you and you want to raise the pot to 2.5 times the blinds. Press
f5, this will automatically set the correct amount to raise. Then, press f3 to inniciate the raise.

To play for real money/play money

In the lobby, double click on quick seat, then on cash games. Press Insert+Space, o, r. This will inniciate the JAWS OCR. Scroll down and you will hear
play money, real money. Click on either one of the two to select it. Note that sometimes the OCR doesn’t pick up the right letters, so you might see a
slight difference for the words play and real.

***Credit***
A big thank you to djblind for creating the scripts. So many things are possible now, such as reading our pocket cards, the flop, turn and river. We owe this guy big time!

Well, that's it. I know this is a lot of information and it definitely might seem hard at first, but trust me, it'll become second nature. If you have
any questions just let me know and I'll be happy to help.

2016-06-11 02:44:30

well man thanks a mil for this, I owe ya one.....going to get started, lets see how it goes

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-06-12 18:36:27

hi
how I can registration in tournament?
I must go to jaws cursor?

2016-06-12 20:37:25

hi seb
please help when
i m coppy files in jaws folder
then i m go to my desctop then press pokerstars
i have mesage
---------------------------
Invalid window handle
Error: The file C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\16.0\Settings\enu\HotSpotClicker.JSB  could not be opened
OK   

2016-06-13 08:00:27

Wow... It's so great to see such a nice guide for those who really are interested in playing poker with real money. May I suggest you to post the guide in the articles room? Interesting that Pokerstar seem to be the only option if you wanna play with real money.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-06-14 06:18:56

@sswwaaiikkee yes you have to use jaws cursor to register in tournament, plus you might not have installed hotspot clicker this is why yo ugot this error message.

Good idea about the articles' room SLJ

2016-06-14 13:17:03

sorry seb
but i dont stand what i have to do?

2016-06-14 16:45:02

You have to download hotspot clicker and install it. Follow the instructions and you should be good to go. Without more information I can't help you. Have you downloaded hotspot clicker?

2016-06-14 18:40:59

no I m not downloading

2016-06-14 18:43:59

As I mentionned in the guide you need to have hotspot clicker instaled. Go grab it from here
www.hotspotclicker.org/

2016-06-14 19:09:50

thanks
I m instal and I think work now
but    don't find this
9. Go back to settings, Table Appearance, Dealer Messages, "then double click on "Everything". Press ok. This will
ensure you get the board cards as well as each players' actions spoken to you.

2016-09-17 19:45:17

Are there any news on this? Will these scripts work under Windows 10?

2016-09-27 08:29:06

the scripts do work in windows 10.  I tride to get ahold of the writer of them but was unable too.  I have them working.

2016-09-27 14:47:19

I'm the person who created the scripts. I can't confirm if this works in windows 10, and I'm getting help by someone willing to make it easier for us to announce the board cards, I'll update you whenever that's available. However the ones on here are totally usable with some practice. I feel like there aren't a lot of people interested in this, since there are some other poker games a lot more usable than Pokerstars available, that's why I haven't followed the topic. Let me know if you have any questions

2016-09-27 16:14:24 (edited by seb 2016-09-27 16:47:39)

First post has been updated with easier steps to start playing on pokerstars as soon as possible.

2016-09-27 19:08:46

Hello,
Thanks again Seb2314, going to try the updated version and use the ini-file.
Too bad that there aren't many intrested in this. I posted a message on the Two plus Two forums, but no reply what so ever.
I also tried 32red, but wasn't able to play on there.
I want to use real software and play for both real and fun if i want.
Is it possible to select what game you want to play, like fixed limit, no limit, etc?

2016-09-27 19:47:49 (edited by seb 2016-09-27 19:48:32)

For sure! Pokerstars's software is fully accessible with the jaws cursor and you can select whatever game you want using the filter. Forget about help from others though. That might sound harsh, but sighted people don't seem to care about our needs. I contacted a lot of devs and they don't want to help. Luckily, someone accepted to try and create some scripts where we can use hotkeys to make jaws repeat the cards on the table, and I do think he is going to be successful, so fingers crossed.

2016-09-27 22:39:27

OK, so I created an account, but since I am not in the states (I am from Europe) they wanted me to play at pokerstars.eu.
I set the program language to English.
I entered a table just to observe game play.
But unfortunatly, the cards on the table are not read by JAWS. The only things JAWS speaks is the different player actions.
So, maybe it has to do with a different client. Too bad!
So I am not able to play there at this time.

2016-09-27 22:51:39 (edited by seb 2016-09-27 23:06:59)

The cards are not spoken because you need to be in a game for them to be spoken, it has nothing to do with the fact that you are using a different version. Pokerstars doesn't put the cards in the chat box when you only observe a game, you need to be a part of that game for the cards to be written in text. Try and sit down at a play money table just to see.
In the lobby, double click on quick seat, then double click on cash games. Press alt+p for play money games, ajust the buy-in and stakes, then double click on play now.

2016-09-28 19:47:01 (edited by Chris08 2016-09-28 23:34:59)

OK, Everything seems to be working now.
I was able to find the correct graphic and click it so now I can play without any major problems.
However, some times JAWS repeat Everything twice, but its not a problem for me. At least, I can call, raise, fold, etc.
So now, it's time to get used to the software and find out how to participate in tournaments, change to fixed limit/no limit, etc.
We'll see for how long we can use these.

2016-10-05 06:38:46

how does jaws tell you everything? its only reading the hand number for me then stops. I don't get it.

2016-10-05 22:16:38 (edited by Rocky Waters 2016-10-07 14:33:34)

I believe it's possible to make Jaws scripts to make those cards easier to read.  My goal is to put each card on a hot key for example shift1 and shift2 for your pocket cards also both on D for the deal and F for the flop etc.  I'm working on this, but a bit busy to promise a date.  Some years back I was the guy who wrote the scripts to play on Hollywood, Red Kings and White bet, and other poker sites using the same front end.  The scripts worked with Holdem, Omaha and Draw poker, - still a unique achievement I believe.  My scripts were copied, my name replaced, and I am told they were even sold.  I am thinking of putting a license key into effect.  Any thoughts welcome, on either the benefit of cards and other game info on hot keys, or on that license idea.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2016-10-08 21:40:25

Rocky,
This sounds very good.
Also, one thing that I currently miss with the current scripts is the ability to read the other players chip amount and the current pot.

2016-10-09 03:36:26

@Rocky Waters Here's the big problem we are facing. Pokerstars does not give you the pocket cards in the chat as text, this is why I open a file called pokerstars.log.0 to search for my cards every time they are dealt. I've emailed them so many times and they don't seem to be willing to include this for now. If you have other ideas I'd be curious to know them

2016-10-09 16:20:06

You have not been able to find out how to obtain your chip amount or pot?