2016-06-08 11:32:46 (edited by Eric Matyas 2023-06-27 16:46:50)

Hi everyone,

I've created over 2500 tracks of music and sound effects that you are welcome to use in your games. It's all original...all my own work. All I ask is to be attributed as detailed on my homepage:

http://soundimage.org/

I sincerely hope some of my tracks are helpful. Any and all feedback is welcome and always appreciated.

All the best,

Eric

2016-06-08 18:59:27

Thank you, i'll sure it could be helpfull.

2016-06-09 00:04:28

This is an amazing collection. Keep up the good work. (I've listened to some of it, but most certainly not all of it!)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2016-06-10 17:31:36

Hi, I have a question, I'd love to download all your work, but, doing so, one track or sound effect at a time can be quite tedious, especially since there are more than 900 items. is there a way we'd be able to download them as a zipped file? say for instance, SFX.zip or Music.zip. thanks a lot for your awesome work. Keep it up.

2016-06-11 18:22:37

Wow this is quite amazing! I am able to download all of the tracks by indexing the /wp-content/uploads directory. @eric, if i'm doing something rong by downloading files not directly from your actual webpage, I need to know. Also, your credits require me to list every song I use if I use more than your music. Would it not be ok to say music by this person, this person, and eric matyas at soundimage.org? If I have to list all the names I will, but thought i'd at least ask sence I want to use some of these tracks in my game and possibly a lot of them, and that could make the credits page get really big. Again, just asking.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-06-11 18:35:44

The music on this website is exelent, it's sad that I'm not a dve and can't use it for anything smile
Sam, I'm pretty sure you have to follow the rools on the site, though if you want to do it the way you said, it would probably be best if you send the owner a mail, not sure if he checkes the forum.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-06-11 20:01:10

Course it's not a very big deel, would just be convenient. BTW guys, if I have no objections from eric matyas I will upload a zip file of all the music so you don't have to download track by track. I'm still downloading direct from his server, just not the html section of it.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-06-12 04:58:34

Hi.
I have a question regarding the music. I can't listen or download these files cause there is no link with the file wich I could click to listen or download. Any ideas? i am visiting the site with firefox.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-06-12 09:15:17

@Simba under the name of the music there should first be a on site player, under that there's a link you can click to download it to your computer. It's strange that it oesn't show up, you could try maximizing the window.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2016-06-12 10:38:25

Hi.
Ok thanks, but it seemss that firefox can't maximise the window, I don't know why that is. Is there maybe a hotkey for that?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-06-13 01:41:58

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words...I really appreciate it!  If you have any questions regarding my work, please don't hesitate to email me. (My email address is at the bottom of my homepage.)

Here are this week's new free tracks:

"Puddle Jumping" (on the Events/Travel Page)

"Network_v001" (on the Corporate Page)

"Blob Monsters on the Loose" (on the Looping Music Page)
"8-Bit Mayhem" (on the Looping Music Page)
"Good Morning Doctor Weird" (on the Looping Music Page)

I hope some of my tracks are helpful,
Eric

2016-08-21 15:44:04

Hi everyone,

This week is a mixed bag. First off, I made looping versions of a some of the tracks on my Events/Travel page...I think these new looping pieces could sound very nice in games.

Here they are:

"Puddle Jumping_Looping"

"Magical Getraway_Looping"

"Mystical Journey_Looping"

Here's a short intro piece that might be nice in a deep space game of some kind...or a video:

"Space Game Intro" on my Sci-Fi 5 Page

And a silly piece that might work in a crazy game or app:

"Monkey Races"

Next up, we have some sound FX on my Sci-Fi Ambience Page, starting with another slimy sounding Alien swamp piece. As I say on my site, if Kirk tells you he's been to this place, he's full of crap.

"Alien Swamp 2"

"Alien Atmosphere" (Looping and non-looping)

"Dystopic City Drone"

"Dystopic City Echo"

Just for kicks, we have:

"Creepy Percussion 11"

And lastly, we have a force field sound effect. In retrospect, maybe I should have named it "Energy Field" instead, but oh well.

"Force Field" on my Snd FX -Sci-Fi Page

As always, let me know if they are helpful!  :-)
Eric

2016-08-24 00:35:52

Hi eric, is there any way to get all your sound effects and music zipped up? It would take forever to try to download everything you've got up on your site. thanks a lot.

2016-08-24 02:21:53

Sean-Terry01 wrote:

Hi eric, is there any way to get all your sound effects and music zipped up? It would take forever to try to download everything you've got up on your site. thanks a lot.

I haven't made any kind of mass download available yet, but it may be something to consider in the future. Thanks for checking out my work!

Well, I've reached another milestone: 1000 tracks. I'd like to send out a big heart felt thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and encouraging...it really means a lot. THANK YOU!

That said, I have some new music to share as well as a couple of cool new sci-fi ambiences.

On the Fantasy 7 page, we have:
"Castle Lost"
"Dark Fantasy Open"
"Sad Lands"

On the Horror/Surreal page, we have:

"Moment of Strange"

On the Sci-Fi 5 Page, we have:

"More Introspective Machines"

And on the SFX- Sci-Fi Amb Page, we have:

"Creepy Mech Drone" (Looping) - 2 versions.

I hope they are helpful!  :-)
Eric

2016-08-26 03:47:46

I agree a zip folder would be nice with all the sounds.

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2016-08-26 17:38:14

That would definitely be nice to have a full download, but I don't think necessary at the moment. Its pretty easy to just download what you want from the sight, although if you use wget, you can pull it off.

2016-08-31 00:33:10

Hi everyone,

My newest free tracks all live on my brand new SFX - Urban Ambience Page. They are:

Street Ambience (1-6)
City Park Ambience (1-3)
http://soundimage.org/sfx-urban-ambience/

Several of them loop and might be nice in urban-based games, interactive novels and other things.

Eric

2016-08-31 19:00:09

Hi, what's wget and how can I get it?

2016-08-31 22:42:55

These horror tracks are great!

2016-09-01 20:48:13

brian.kurosawa wrote:

These horror tracks are great!

Thanks, Brian, I'm glad you like them!

2016-09-06 19:20:16 (edited by Eric Matyas 2016-09-07 15:53:20)

Hey everyone,

I have some new free looping tracks ready for you. They are:

"Building Itself"_Looping

http://soundimage.org/sci-fi-4/

"Hong Kong Midnight"_Looping
"Jewel Thieves"_Looping
"The Jazz Man"_Looping
"Stage Door"_Looping

http://soundimage.org/urban/

Eric

2016-09-13 15:37:09

Hey everyone,

This week's new free tracks are all on my Funny/Quirky/Weird page. They are:

"Invasion of the Giant Disco Ants"_Looping

"Disco Ants Go Clubbin’"_Looping

"Cheesy Science"_Looping

"Warped Alien Band"_Looping

"Cranky Monster"_Looping

http://soundimage.org/funnyquirky/

Eric

2016-09-13 21:47:44 (edited by brian.kurosawa 2016-09-13 21:48:48)

@Eric Matyas, i saw something mentioning a project about some musics for use in rpg. That exists, and if so it was done already or are still behing made?

2016-09-14 19:05:53

Wow! I've only listened to a few pieces in the first fantasy section, but they all sound great! I don't mind downloading them separately, as it saves on bandwidth if I only download the ones I actually want. That also limits me as to how many I can listen to, but I've bookmarked your site, so that shouldn't be a problem. smile
Thank you so much for providing such a fantastic resource!

2016-09-21 00:12:50

brian.kurosawa wrote:

@Eric Matyas, i saw something mentioning a project about some musics for use in rpg. That exists, and if so it was done already or are still behing made?

Hi Brian, I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you asking about my website? Or about music I've created for RPGs like "World's Dawn?"