2016-06-03 13:26:34

Well this one is a trifle late, but hay so it goes.
For anyone who doesn't know the ropes of these monthly chat topics, the first thing to know is that there aren't any ropes. The second thing to know is that these are topics for just general chat about your life, anything you fancy, the number 42, cricket playing robots, what your playing/watching/listening to at the moment, any vendettas, weddings, death threats, international crime rings, communications with mysterious alien outsiders planning on universal distruction, zombi viruses your developing, you know, just usual life type stuff.

Well as for me, the zombi virus has had to go on hold for the time being since I'm horribly busy. The outsiders aren't pleased about this, but they do understand, for utterly evil ineffable life forms bent on the domination of the metaverse they're quite centimental really, and when I explained I'm getting married they went quite gooy about it, ---- well they're usually quite gooy of course, but they just went a little gooier.

Either way,  my lady and I are flying out to Pencilvania on Monday in order to begin wedding preparations, and hopefully also get her visa for staying in the Uk sorted (which needs doing from the states).  The paperwork is something of a nightmare, though the wedding will hopefuly be nice. We're thinking of the third of July, a date which has significance for both of us sinse it was that time last year when we admited how we felt, or at least when I needed to say something to stop my head exploding and to my utter shock found that my lady felt the same way. So quite appropriate to get married on that day if we can, though whether we can is still uncertain, particularly since we're not sure how available people will be given the big American independence day business on the fourth.

Unfortunately things have been a little stressful, particularly trying to fix my lady's laptop and other such things, though hopefully it's getting sorted by now and will be over and done with soon enough.

On the plus side, crazy party rocks! I've found myself certainly more addicted than I have been to any arcade game  for quite some time, indeed I've noticed that my arcade game skills have been a wee bit on the rusty side, but do seem to be improving as time goes on, though my performance for those who've played me online has been pretty dire big_smile.
Alteraeon has had to go on hold a little since I have slightly less gaming time, though I've certainly not abandoned it, which is I'm afraid one reason why I haven't taken up star conquest again even though blindndangerous was kind enough to send me the soundpack, though hopefully I shal in the future.

I'm currently reading a very awsome sf book called bitter angels, by C L Anderson, aka Sarah Zettle. It's nice to read a new author, and it's shaping up to be pretty fantastic, albeit we're in the setup phase. It's about an earth agent who goes out to a colony system which has a pretty aweful mix of totalitarian and ultra corporate government due to a previous agent being killed.

Mrs. Dark and I are also listening to the hitchiker's radio play. She (like pretty much most people I think), really didn't! like the end to mostly harmless, so I  suggested the radio play as the final end there is so different and so much more upbeat, indeed it's a celibration of all things hitchhikers and where the book left me feeling pretty down, the ending to the radio play was amazing, particularly given that I first heard the initial series when I was nine or so.

Anyway, that's what's happening over here, how's everyone else?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-06-03 17:57:48

hi darkee darkee
congratulation and my best wishes weeth yooooo
auzam
you are marrying and having a good time weeth yoor layday
I am I mean I am in my treep enjoying and visiting temples.
and tommorrowwww
we will gonna enjoy a waterpark of koyambatoor.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-06-03 18:33:58

Hey Dark!
I'm currently sitting in the garden, listening to music and enjoying the beautiful sun.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2016-06-04 00:37:50

I am doing well as I sit here listening to the rain fall outside.

Ishan, you asked a question in last month's Monthly Topic. I sent you a private message with some information about it which you may not have seen because you asked it so near to the end of the topic's life.

2016-06-04 04:21:13

Lots of rain here, too.
And by here I mean Louisiana Center for the Blind.
I totally get most of the complaints I've heard, already. Which is not to say that I agree with them (I got off my ars and went shopping, and bought oven stuff, even... I have no business complaining about the scary Praise the Federation subtext until the novelty has worn off. tongue )

But the rain! Not the amount—goodness knows I all but had to swim to class for five of the past ten years—but the utter unpredictability. At first, I carried an umbrella around whenever the forecast called for rain all afternoon (well, thunderstorms, and I don't remember the word "scattered" showing up). Then it didn't actually rain quite literally nine times out of ten, so I stopped carrying the umbrella. I think you are all familiar enough with narrative tropes to guess what happened next.

(Reality works on narrative tropes, of course. It's just that most of them aren't the cool ones with Guitars and Laserguns. Maybe sometimes, if you can trick reality into thinking you're the protagonist. But I tried that, and Reality said... ah, let me look it up...

You are forgetting a little thing called me. ;D

See if you can control me. I am as old as time and older still. I am Reality, queen of all, wife to Time, mother of Space, ruler of Matter, Chance, Coincidence, and Physics. And I control them all. You cannot defeat me. Your petty toy is but a bleak glimmer in the life of eternity and beyond.

I control all.
tick tick tick tick BANANAS!

... but that was in 2003, so maybe I should try again?)

So, yeah. There was a director who didn't like guide dogs, but the current director is cool with them. The enormous NFB canes feel kinda advantageous when you're running through an open area, but sorta cumbersome in any place where you don't have a 10 foot circle of freedom (and the training center's main building is tiny). Of all the gatherings of blind people I've been to, the complete total of apologies for collisions does not hold a candle to the first day at LCB. And it seems to take that whole "and uncompromising extroverts shall inherit the Earth" irritation that is modern America (Dark, if you can tell me that it is not this way in the UK, I might be able to get more than 5 hours of sleep tonight) and multiplies it many fold.
Yet I'm still not complaining, 'cause these things stopped bothering me surprisingly quickly. Well, the last two are kinda annoying because squeezing the whole group into a not-exactly-large library, and having everyone get on and off of buses, and attempting single-file lines... Gah!
(OK, maybe I'm complaining a little.)
I like the slate and stylus. Being able to create physical things anywhere currently feels worth the ... ah... well, I'm sure you can imagine the tradeoffs.

Ugh, I need to write an essay about how things have gone so far to prove I can Microsoft Word, and I'm not even sure how to start. sad

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-06-04 04:29:58

Do you recommend NFB training centers?

2016-06-04 10:57:55

Well as far as weather goes, I think it's been an unusually cold and dismal summer in terms of rain and such, indeed it was dribbling this morning, then again that's usual for the uk. My lady has got quite irritated by the hole thing, though thinking about Tj in the guarden we did spend some time parked on the laun bench outside my flat. Actually my lady's sister with whom I'll be staying as of Monday while I'm in America, ---- more specifically the land of pencils and blood vessels has what in the states I believe is called a glider, though over here is just called a guarden swing, either way, probably nice place to parcus carcus and do either iphone or laptop related stuff, probably playing crazy party and doing work either for the site or  actually serious academical sort of things which I need to get done in spite of oncoming nuptules. Apparently it's uba hot over there too, which will be an interesting experience for me.

@Cae, about the Nfb and their rather intensive ideas I can't speak, though I'm glad to hear they've relaxed on the hole guide dogs and canes thing, since the "get on without to prove you can" seems a bit loopy to me.
Having seen a bit more of american culture, or at least that found in the vicinity of pencilvania over christmas, I do think people in the Uk are a little less extraverted when it comes to complete strangers, then again I will say I actually found it refreshing to have people come up and say hello, though admitedly being my lady's curious English fiance might have had something to do with that I don't know.

One particularly wonderful thing about my lady is that she has pretty much the same intravertion factor as I do, though she's generally much more comfortable with herself in public when she needs to be, indeed it's ironic that she's far better at asking others for assistance when needed while I'm probably better at getting on without other people at all, which makes things nicely complimentary.

Things are very hechtic today as we have much packing to do and a long drive before a long flight on monday. On the plus side, I have worked out why my lady's laptop was causing hell, it turns out the navigation pane in windows 7 is aptly named, sinse a ppain it is indeed, especially with navigation. Hopefully it'll now be off perminantly, though we'll see. I also wonder if there is a way to turn off the touchpad on a laptop since she keeps catching it by mistake and knocking herself out of windows explorer.

When we get back again I'll have to think of another machine myself since we're getting to the point that program compatibility with games like griff and sites like youtube is making xp a bit more trouble than it's worth.
The mac plan unfortunately isn't going to be workable, since I just don't have physical room for two machines, nor to be honest with the lack of games on mac would it really help so much with the compatibility problem.

I'm tempted to just do windows 7 since having had to deal with the troubles with my lady's laptop I can probably mostly make it behave as I wish, but I don't want to be in the same compatibility fix in three or four years, so I might have to do windows 10..
My main concern there (other than compatibility and missing out on outlook express), is having the metro interface and whether I can make it behave correctly in list form.

We'll see though, since I'll also need to buy new speakers and some other stuff as well, and my life is rather too hechtic at the moment to worry too much about computer issues, though I'll likely always keep an xp laptop around.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-06-04 16:18:22

TJT1234, I'd say it depends on the individual and what they want. Someone like Dark, who travels the world willy nilly and had enough reason to justify a pair of kevlar chefs' gloves, probably wouldn't get much if anything from it (And they'd try to pressure him into getting Windows 10. I haven't even told them I have a Windows ME laptop beside my desk. You know, in case I need... ummm... Power...Point?). Most people would/do hate slating, since it's like handwriting, only slower and errors are more troublesome and we have 1970s technology now which is much more efficient (I'm just weird and like the least bulky oldtech. I still want to make a Sega Genesis game, blast it.). There is definitely a culture to adapt to, and it ranges from obnoxious to useful depending on situation. And I've not yet encountered an acknowledgement that things that look vaguely like discrimination might not be just because of ignorance and/or bigotry (or untrained blind people ruining people's expectations).
Yet the atmosphere is also filled with Southern Hospitality™ (disclaimer: probably only true for the one in the south), there is a lot of "do this, and since everyone needs individual attention, I'll check on the end result instead of watching everything" after you've proven sufficiently capable, and I'm not about to complain about the $210 maintenance check. (For comparison, I spent about $95 last night: $14 on a cab, and $81 on groceries and other such supplies. The cheapness of cookie sheets leaves me uneasy. How often do you replace those that they can afford to sell them for $5 for 3? ... ah, counterpoint, though: when people graduate, they invite the entire center to eat somewhere, and there have already been 3 graduations since I've arrived, and there's another on Tuesday, and fancy restaurants every week will chew up money much more quickly than just about anything, and I'm not to the point where I can just not go without feeling like I'm being needlessly rude. My pre-2008 self is looking at 2016 in utter confusion at that last bit.)
The point seems to be pushing one's comfort zone quite much. Even if some of this involves weird "wait, is that efficient?" techniques, or if you never expect to need or want to operate a rotary saw, it's more the "be employably literate and educated" and "go get lost in some random city a minimum of 1000 miles away, find a couple things to do, then come back", and "Build whatever you want, so long as it's sufficiently complicated", and "feed 40 people, making as much as possible from scratch" endpoints I'm interested in. If you can already do those things if you want, there's no point unless you just want to see what it's like. If you can't do those things if need be, and have the time and a funding source to spare, sure, I'd give it a tentative recommendation. It's still too early to say for sure, it does depend on one's personality, skills, and other circumstances, and something might happen to change my mind dramatically at some point. I won't pretend I haven't found things to be annoyed about, but I find things to be annoyed about just about everywhere. (How did I manage to write "toothpaste" as "tffmshaste"? I wrote a novel on a Braille 'n Speak 2000, dangit!)

At Dark: regarding the laptop, there should be a way to turn off the trackpad. Just type "mouse" into the search box, and one of the mess of things that comes up should let you disable it. (Personally, I just miss having a button that can toggle it. Why did they stop including those?). My laptop only lets me disable the actual pad, but not the mouse buttons, which is irritating, but gets in the way much less often than random scroll-tap-oh look you're in the middle of a paragraph-shenanigans.
I've been wondering about the swing thing myself! I've only ever heard them referred to as porch swings, or just swings... but then what do you call the free-standing ones that sit between two trees with an apple tree and grapevines in the background across a tiny bit of grassy space where miniature foxes have apparently started appearing? ... I like garden swing. It seems to cover both situations well enough.

(I randomly decided to rewatch Street Fighter the Animated series last month. I'd sum up the first season as "GI Joe with fireballs". The second season takes more influence from the Alpha storylines, meaning they can't get away with "Guile and character of the weak (who is almost never Ryu) fights bad guys like they're superheros instead of martial artists". Which, to be fair, fits Guile and Chun-li's stories well enough. It isn't as though Street Fighter set out to be a masterpiece of character and storytelling in the first place, after all. ... Hey, if the 1990s get cartoons based on fighting games, why haven't the 2004-2014 era gotten cartoons based on First Person Shooters? Is it because they still can't show actual guns in children's cartoons, and these games all revolve around guns? Surely they could make a Halo cartoon, at least? Or market to the people they were marketing to in the 1990s, who never had problems with guns in their cartoons in the first place? ... Gah, why am I saying this like I would be interested in a Halo Animated Series? Besides, games these days do their own cinematics, rendering adaptations all but pointless.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-06-05 20:08:22

Well, this is my first time posting in one of these, although I usually read most of the posts in the monthly topics.

The big news for me is that I finally took the plunge and bought an Iphone. I actually wasn't expecting to receive it until later this month. The estimated shipping date was set anywhere between June 13th to the 20th. Imagine my shock when, last Wednesday, I found it on my doorstep! I hadn't checked my email in several days, and, since I'm subscribed to many email lists, I was pretty swamped with messages when I finally opened Thunderbird. So the notification that it had shipped had come to my inbox the day before, but I didn't see it until the phone had already arrived, which was cool.
I've despised the idea of touch screens for years, thinking that they were inefficient, and that I could do most of the same tasks a hundred times faster on a PC. While I still believe that typing on a physical keyboard is better, not to mention far less frustrating and time consuming, I've been pleasantly surprised by how easily I picked up most of the other gestures. I've also started playing some games, mainly some of the blindfold titles, and I'm really enjoying them. I've tried Spin and Solve, Air Hockey, Wildcard with Friends, and VBall. All of them, with the exception of air hockey, have been quite enjoyable. I think I'm going to remove air hockey from my phone, because it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I thought that it would require a lot more interaction from the player, but all you do is just tap the screen every now and then, so that's not really my cup of tea.

I've also been testing out Tap Tap See, and I have to say I'm really amazed at its incredible accuracy. I'm working on downloading some podcasts from Applevis so that I can learn even more about my phone, and about accessible apps. I know about the app directory that they have, but frankly, it's really overwhelming. Maybe I'll spend an entire day looking through it at some point, but I don't even know where to start. I've been getting most of my app recommendations, and general help with learning how to use the device, from friends so far.

I've also been playing Crazy party a bit on the PC, which has been fun. I haven't gotten very far with it, and I'm not sure if I even want to try out the card battles, but the arcade games are really neat.

Other than that, not too much else is going on with me. I've had some rather upsetting personal matters to deal with, so my mood hasn't been the best as of late, but getting the Iphone, and consequently getting to play some new games, has helped to lift my spirits a bit.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-06-06 12:03:11

AppleVis is definitely a place to frequent if you use Apple products of any kind.

I agree that the App directory can be overwhelming. That is why there is the list of app recommendations, which are apps that users like and recommend. Take a look at what ranks highly on this list; this could give you an idea of what apps you may like. The list is here: http://www.applevis.com/ios-app-directo … nded/most. Some apps, like Fleksy and Viz Wiz, are definitely less-used than when they were first posted. Viz Wiz is barely supported these days, and Fleksy has changed quite a bit from an app that was designed for blind people to an animated typing experience for sighted people. There is a link to un-recommend an app once you have recommended it, but some people must not use it judging from the number of recommendations that certain apps have today.

You should also check out the AppleVis iOS App Hall of Fame and the AppleVis Golden Apple Awards.

You may find that Braille Screen Input is another good way to type if you are a proficient braille user.

2016-06-06 21:15:11

Thanks for that recommendation. I think that should help quite a bit with deciding what kinds of apps I want to install.

As for Braille screen input, I'm having real trouble understanding how that's supposed to work. I have an IPhone SE, so it's a fairly small screen. I'm not sure if that has to do with the problem that I'm having, but basically, I don't understand how I'm supposed to hold it and be able to type. I know you're supposed to turn the phone so that it's in landscape mode, which basically means that the most comfortable way to be able to type is to then stand the phone on its side. But then you have the issue of either needing a flat surface to accomplish that, or try to hold the phone still with one hand while trying to find where the dots are located. It also seems to be a really awkward position to put your hands because of the screen's small size. I don't know, I'm probably missing something fairly obvious. A friend of mine said that it wasn't really possible to explain it, that it was something that would have to be physically shown to me.

Either way, I would love to master it, because finding each letter, double tapping it, and going to the next is tedious at best and downright aggravating at worst.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-06-07 02:24:05

@turtlepower17,
Congratulations on the new iPhone; I'm sincerely happy for you and hope your experience with it continues to be, if not straight forward on a regular basis, at least a fun one.  I'm still in the process of rediscovering the power in iOS myself, honestly, given that I had a droid for nearly a year.  I hope to see more about what you've gleamed in the near future.

@Dark,
it's awesome to see, even from a distance, which is enough of a privelage, the kind of love the two of you have for each other, something I know I can only begin to scratch the surface of just loosely based on your posts.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, best of wishes to the both of you!
Supposedly Florida is getting ready to get hit by this little, er, big, something called a tropical storm, and I try not to doubt the validity of such claims when made by Floridian news outlets and the like, so I'll let you all know if I end up inside a tornado, am swept away by a flood, struck by lightning, crushed by a tree or other such falling debris, and or die in any other way.  Until then, assume that if I haven't let you know, I'm not dead and that life is still going on, which more than likely means it is time to start preparing to move into a new house!  An actual, house!  No more apartment nonsense!  I'm excited.
As you may or may not be aware, I lost an apartment to a busted waterline which did quite some damage.  While living in another apartment was not exactly on my to-do list I ended up doing it since my family and I needed somewhere to live.  Little time has passed since moving into it, and now we're moving out again into a fairly sizable house which has kindly been leased to us.  An older married couple bought the place some three years ago and, as life would unfortunately have it, the husband, who generally did practically all of the housework, died some months ago, leaving his wife to fend for herself.  She moved in with family and, not wanting the house to go to waste, was ready to rent it off to just about anyone.  I thank God she even considered us, being low income and thus not having much to offer.  It really is a dream come true.
Beyond that, my nearly six month old daughter is teething; nothing fun about it for her.  It must be something to wake up in a fair amount of discomfort and know there is little you can do about it but chew on things to try and ease your pain... Goodness knows I wish I could take it away from her.  My in-laws wanted to take her for a night a couple of days ago, partly because they just love her so much, and partly to give my wife and I a break.  They weren't expecting what they ended up with though and, by 9 that evening, had figured out just how important parents really are to children.  She would, NOT, sleep!
Now that she's excersising a bit more, however, which means doing her best to get herself into trouble as much as she knows how given that she has yet to figure out how to crawl and walk, my wife and I have gotten back into Alter Aeon some.  I always found myself drawn to soloing on Alter in the past; you don't have to blame anyone else for dying and you don't have to worry about anyone else dying.  Having an intuitive and rather faithful sidekick is really fun though.  I'm liking the changes that have been made over the past month or so concerning necromancers and various skills belonging to other classes, particularly the fact that parry is a little easier to better now than it used to be.  i'm not caring much for the new screws in the combat point system though... Ah well.
Oooooo!  This looks yummy! At 8 p.m. EST, the center of Tropical Storm Colin was located near latitude 29.3 north, longitude 84.7 west.
Colin is moving toward the northeast near 23 mph. A northeastward motion at a faster forward speed is expected tonight and Tuesday.
On this track, the center of Colin is forecast to move onshore of the Florida Big Bend area in a few hours, then move across northern Florida and southeastern Georgia through early Tuesday morning, and move near or over the southeastern coast of the United States on Tuesday.
However, it's important to note that the strongest winds and heaviest rains are well removed from the center. Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 230 miles to the southeast of the center. A NOAA coastal marine observing site at Venice, Florida recently reported sustained winds of 44 mph with a gust to 60 mph. Maximum sustained winds are near 50 mph, with higher gusts. Some strengthening is forecast on Tuesday and Tuesday night.
So, assuming you hear from me again, blame Colin, whoever he is, for not trashing this particular area properly, and until such should happen, or I get bored, I shall go back to browsing this and other sites whilst getting on with my vesperian conquests which include kitchen domination, the eradication of most of what is in my fridge so that I can purchase more things to go in my fridge which will more than likely also be eradicated and digested as necessary, freezing my backside off owing to the fact that I must keep this place exceptionally cold to keep my daughter comfortable, and, um, uh, something else that I can't put my finger on yet but which I've no doubt is important to me for some reason beyond my meager understanding.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-06-07 11:43:55

Here is an in-depth guide and podcast on Braille Screen Input. http://www.applevis.com/guides/braille- … input-ios. Remember that there are other input methods as well. You should listen to the Beginner's Guide to the iPhone podcasts that are on AppleVis. They may help you understand more about your iPhone.

2016-06-07 21:32:33

@Cae, I don't know about willy nilly, not given the fun yesterday and how shattering an even fairly standard continental flight was, ---- really being passed around airports from one assistant to another can make a person feel rather like a package, but still it's done. The  chef's gloves are just pretty awesome for most cooking things.
As to  discrimination, I'm not altogether certain whether you mean discrimination from one group of blind people towards another, ie, inside and outside the organization, or discriminatory attitudes stopping people getting jobs and opportunities and what not no matter how much the "sell yourself" and "think positive" type of attitude prevails. I've encountered both unfortunately though how prevailent the nfb is I don't know.

I personally don't like the rotory saw and catering things since to me they just don't seem to serve a point other than ticking items off someone else's tick sheet. I have! catered for fourty people back at uni and it was fun, and I could again if occasion arises. While I'm not the most hardware handy type of person I also suspect I could! make something out of wood if I tried, ---- but again I just don't have the desire to so the "This proves your compitancy" seems a bit odd to me, compared to say being able to perform on stage or rock climb or do the things I have! actually taken the time to learn to do. I suspect I'll get a windows 10 machine later on since xp is currently proving mildly inconvenient in terms of  program and website compatibility at the moment, though i'll keep an xp laptop around (the one I'm using now), for useful stuff.

@Turtlepower, glad you like the touch screen on Ios. I'd actually agree with you as far as typing goes, indeed I don't use email or write forum posts on my Iphone for that reason, but there are certain things a touchscreeen is good for, eg, motion sensative gamesand certain abilities to get columns of info. Mainly I've used my  Iphone for games, though i do like blindsquare and some of the default siri functions that come in handy.

Crazy party also is awesome, though I'm rather busy currently for gaming, and anyway at the moment I only have phone coverage in the states so need to try and hook my Iphone up to this wireless network as well as my laptop.

@nocturnus, so glad you got a house, that is awesome! Mrs. Dark will be pleased to hear that, she's been quite vicariously sympathetic to the fact of your sudden ddeluging, lets hope Colin doesn't object to the house either (btw, isn't colin an amazingly weedy name for a natural ddisaster?).

Actually Mrs. Dark and I are going to have to think about houses and such. We've been living in my flat which is okay if a bit small for two people, though the fact that we can share a one bedroom space for six months and remain as nausiatingly in love as we apparently are is something of a testament to strength of relationship, actually since I'm over here in Americanland I'm rather shocked at the size of people's houses, ---- My lady's sister has a three story house with three living rooms (counting the basement where we are currently),.

Now we have lots of  wedding things to sort dispite jetlag and such. In amongst that I'd like to get back to Alter since I've been having great fun with my druid, Mrs. Dark also wants to give it a try though whether it'll be her thing I don't know. I am however most recently rather taken up with crazy party which is surprisingly addictive big_smile.

So that's what's happening with me currently.

2016-06-09 07:26:01

Hi dark sir!
and all of you
I am at my trip, .and I was just resting because of the tiredness of yesterday.
What about yesterday?
yesterday we went to Kanyakumari a last point of India.
We enjoyed a beach and bought some keyrings.
do you love keyrings mister dark?
I haven't bought for your initial hahaha.
Yesterday was a rainy day in kanyakumari and our clothes were in the very terrible condition.
today we are just resting and planning for ootee
I think when you will come India Mister dark, ootee is a perfect place for you and Mrs dark.
here you can enjoy and romance.
TJT what info you have shared?
I really want if you have shared something new and exciting to me.
I cannot find my PM inbox in this forum so I cannot read.
Thanks
Ishan

2016-06-09 08:25:46

Ishan, when you are logged in, at the top of the screen is a list of nine menu items. The seventh item on the list is "Private Messages". If you activate that link, you will see your private messages.

The message is not confidential, and could be useful for other people to read, so I have copied it from there and pasted it below.

I saw on your post on the Monthly Off-Topic post for May 2016 that you want to learn to play the piano. As it is the last day of the month, in case you do not look at the forum again before the post is deleted for the next month's topic, here is part of a reply that I posted to the discussion.

There is braille music, and the company Dancing Dots sells lessons so that you can learn the piano and braille music at the same time. Alternatively, if you want to learn to play by ear, I have heard that www.musicfortheblind.com has very good lessons.

2016-06-09 09:46:57

Thanks
is this paid?

2016-06-09 10:24:50

Yes, all of the resources that I mentioned have costs associated with them.

2016-06-09 14:23:40

@Ishen, India would be a good place to visit, there are a lot of things i'd like to see over there, though one thing I'm currently realizing is that being from far to the north of England my heat tolerance is probably not high, indeed we've got to go shopping and buy me some summer clothing today since I have none, though at the moment my brain is not particularly awake.

I have succeeded in connecting both Iphones to my lady's sister's wireless network, which is good if i want to try hackrun and indeed other games for the db while I'm hear (though manifestly I'm going to be pretty busy).

One thing I will say which I find very odd about america is the lack of electric kettles. It's actually quite a pain since I'd like to make my lady a cup of tea but am not absolutely certain of the hole water on hob  thing, (probably doable but not something I'd care to mess with on a dayly basis, particularly without my chef's gloves). I've managed to get the coffee percalator working, however that isn't good for Mrs. Dark who doesn't drink coffee.

Otherwise, wedding stuff is continuing to progress, date is supposed to be the third of July, which is a significant date to my lady and I since it's when we first admited our feelings for each other, or at least when I first told her (the alternative being my brain exploding), and to my absolute shock she admited she felt the same, quite surprising what can happen in a year.

2016-06-09 20:24:03

@dark,
Must agree with that whole year statement above; so much happened to me in just one month, but 2015 was certainly an interesting year to say the least, so that by the time this year arrived I was in a completely different state to the one I started off in, was married, living in an apartment rather than a mobile home, all but adopted a 3 year old child, had the privilege of dealing with two of the funniest cats ever, and then we had a daughter.  This year's not even half way over and, I've already lost my apartment and moved into a new apartment, lost my two cats because of losing my first apartment, picked up OSX and just about dumped windows, rediscovered iOS and grabbed an Apple watch, and I'm getting ready to move into an actual house.  Whoa!  Can anybody slow down time yet?  Methinks I need it!  :d
lol How I miss the days when life was so simple!  I woke up and went to sleep when I wanted to... Now I'm at the mercy of a 6 month old brat!  But I still love her so much.  :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-06-10 07:48:06

Hi nothing about this day.
again resting and brouzing audiogames.net
and I request to everyone to view my next two topic.
Thanks
Ishan

2016-06-11 05:13:41

Hello Guys.
Well it's been a good week. I started reading a really cool book called armada by ernest cline. If you haven't read cline your missing out he's awesome! Armada is wonderful I just started it and I can't stop. Look up something called polybius I don't know how to post links but google polybius it's very interesting whether it's true or not.
Anyway I've been playing a lot of guitar mostly electric because it's easier on my fingers. Today I've been having fun watching the stand miniseries by stephen king with the family. I love the book and the series. The stand is my favorite apocalyptic story lol! It sounds a little wrong I know but I love stories about the end of the world.
Anyway it's been a nice and I'm glad to see this kind of topic is still going strong!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2016-06-11 17:32:44

@Guitarman, I need to reread the Stand. I watched the miniseries many years ago, but haven't see it for ages, likewise I'd really like to read the book again since I last read it 20 years ago. I do have under the dome currently on my Victor, but at the moment I'm deep into the scar by China Nievil. Perdido street station is one of the best books I've read for a considerable while (indeed I gave it a perfect 10 on fantasybookreview.co.uk), and the sequel is proving pretty good, though perhaps because it's not quite as extremely dark as the first book it's not quite as compelling, ---- thenagain I'm not even halfway through yet so we'll see as big bad things seem to be happening.
The series is  sort of steampunk fantasy set in another world, but with lots of weerd races, magic, science, steam powered robots and other crazy stuff. It's one of these things that would just seem weerd for weerd's sake if it weren't for how well written it is.

I do have Ready player `1 by earnist Clien on my victor at the moment and I plan to read it soon, though the list of "books I plan to read" is pretty long big_smile.

@Nocturnus, if you'd told me a year ago that I'd be halfway across the world about to get married, I'd have wondered what you were smoking big_smile.
Hope you and Mrs. Nocturnus aren't too much awake at night, ---- which is something of a paradoxical statement really. Mrs Dark and I are absolutely and categorically not! having children. Mrs. Dark can't, and I am slightly ambivalent on the subject anyway, I'd rather have dogs big_smile.

Wel things are continuing to be alternatives of busyb and stressed. We now have wedding rings which is good, indeed I have thought ahead since if I ever get lepracy ad get transported into a fantastical other world, I'll have some white gold on hand, of course that would probably also mean Mrs. Dark ceasing to love me and me turning into an utter barstard so maybe scratch that plan, still we now have whitegold rings, or at least we will when sized.

The Wedding service is likely to be interesting, with lots of weerd music (including Jurassic park), as well as Mrs. Dark and I singing one hand one heart from west side story. we're just trying to sort everything out and get things fixed, which is proving something of a hassle given lack of time and given the fact that we actually need! a  mariage license and other things for MRs. Dark's entry visa to the Uk. Still, it's a nice way to get shattered, even if it does mean getting shattered, and also not having much time for games etc, ---- though fortunately they're not going anywhere big_smile.

2016-06-12 18:10:52

@Dark,
I once heard it said that it takes nerves of steel to be a dad... I don't know if it's true.  What I do know, is that I want to rip my hair out sometimes.  Right now, I can soothe her with dubstep... Tomorrow I might not be able to.  A month ago, we had a big swing she was using a lot, even to the point where she'd fall asleep in it.  Now, she prefers a smaller one.  A month ago, she slept alone, in her crib!  Then the day came, when putting her in her crib was a suicide mission, complete with hours in which we were not allowed to sleep because, she wanted, nay, wants, to be, bounced!  And rocked!  And babied!  Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
To conclude, there is no science to babies!  Sit down, shut up, and enjoy the ride!  Or don't!  lol

2016-06-12 23:34:13

Thursday should not have happened. That is all I will say on the matter.

Part of me wants to say something about babies, and the other part realizes I have nothing useful to say. It's one of those subjects where everyone seems to know exactly what to do, and then it only "works" for them. Turns out babies are individuals, too. Who'd've thunk it?
I mean, between flipping off the camera during an ultrasound, and despising car rides in a way that makes it seem like he experiences them as physical torture, and preferring to sit on his head rather than trying to work out his neck, my nephew managed to cram in a bit of characterization into a rather tiny space.
Everyone can tell you about the sleepless nights and incessant mewling, but beyond that, you know yours better than anyone who has advice possibly can. smile

The rest of this post kinda turned into a movie review/rant. I get carried away rather easily.

Apparently, people like the Warcraft movie. When I called the theater to get showtimes, I was reminded that X-Men: Apocalypse is out, and I still hadn't seen it, so I went to that instead.
It felt... sloppy? Like they had a decent character writer, but when it comes to plot and getting the characters to fit into the events, it kinda fell apart. I mean, 20 minutes in, and I still had no idea what the movie was about! I mean, they were obviously going to fight Apocalypse at some point, but I knew that solely because of the trailer and title.
(I also didn't recognize Magneto's voice, and they renamed his daughter, so there was another clue I didn't get to his identity until <spoiler spoiler> made it obvious.)
Weirdly, I feel like this movie did the exact opposite of scope creep. The threat was a global one, but it did a very bad job of making it seem like anything more than the main cast having their issues stirred up by some jerks, one of whom happened to be the Antichrist.
(Also, Caliban and Psylocke did not appear in this movie, even though people with their names and powers did. Cyclops I can forgive, because character development and budget. But Caliban was there solely because he became Pestalence and death in the comics, and not because he had anything in common with Caliban other than speaking in third person. And Psylocke? The non-Wolverine characters in X-Men origins, other than maybe Emma Frost, at least had a reason to have their names! And Emma Frost's XMOW powers were apparently based on Shinobi Shaw's, and they were both important members of the Hellfire club, so I can even forgive that as "composite character" syndrome. But "We need a random psychic... let's use Psylocke!" just seems like we're summoning the ghost of X3.)

(Oh, and the obligatory f-bomb and Wolverine scene were annoying and unnecessary, and the latter should probably have been half as long as it was, at most.)

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.