2018-09-13 21:00:16

No, it's not new, but that isn't the path you take to open the forest. That path will open the city. Luckily, you just need a positive score to pass it, I sure as hell haven't unlocked that game.

I just realized that one of the posts that got nuked was the link to the awesome guide to Crazy Party, so I'll link to that here, because you'll be able to map out the paths from that.

http://blackscreengaming.com/crazy_party/index.php

As I said originally, I do wish it contained hints for some of the more difficult games, but this really is a great start.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-09-13 23:50:55 (edited by musicjunky 2018-09-13 23:53:01)

Oh wait ... I did unlock the city. I guess I just forgot. I went through that game so many times though and kept losing all my coins! lol

And thanks for the link, going to check that out now.

2018-09-14 05:15:12

no problem.

Can someone explain how Snake Charmer works? I am beyond confused. The map seems like a tiny little square. Is the point to just keep the snake away from you, something like Hunting Ants?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-09-14 19:35:04 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-09-14 19:35:53)

regarding snake charmer:
you should step close, very close but not too close. You should hear the snake almost in front of you. take it back, similar to the cows game one step at a time. Then you will hear acute pitched beeps when she is inside the brick..  concrete rectangle. Remember that you in all games can actually press more than one of the directional arrows at the same time and this works alright. It certainly help me pass some more mini games or run away from enemies in a funnily awkward diagonal twist so it can help you here too. When the snake is in the rectangle,, then you can do the patrol, kind of hunting ants approach. Whistle to it but just around the perimeter outside the rectangle and that should do it.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-09-14 22:04:56

Thanks, I'll give that a try. The desert is now the only world I haven't completed. I don't count the intellectual, because it will take a miracle for me to ever get enough motivation to punish myself further by trying to complete that.

2018-09-16 23:28:16

It is very anoying that I can't do anything with all these coins I've earned. What's the point of winning them if you can't spend them? Please add a way to spend them or do something with them.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-09-17 01:25:42

the coins are basically your XP that determines your level, but level doesn't mean anything other than bragging rights, I wish level meant something.

2018-09-17 02:31:59 (edited by Jeffb 2018-09-17 02:32:30)

If that's true I think XP should just be XP and coins should be something to purchase game things. It’s confusing the other way I think. I also agree that leveling should mean something.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-09-18 10:39:06

The game's technically still beta, and though it really shouldn't be given the amount of functionality, the lack of uses for coins/levels might very well be one of the reasons why it is still considered a beta version. Hopefully we can find a use for them soon, but until then its probably best to just be patient and see what happens.

2018-09-20 02:09:39

That's true, but I definitely want to see a use for all the coins I've collected.

I think I encountered a bug. When I was playing in online mode just now, the person I was playing with left the party, and my whole game froze. I had to end it in task manager. I was playing in competition mode, if that makes any difference. Also, related to that, I've noticed that once you're in an online game of any type, you can't disconnect from the party unless you end it in task manager, either, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, I can only assume it's an anti-cheating measure of some sort. On the other hand, sometimes unavoidable things come up, and bailing on the game is the kinder thing to do in that situation, rather than leaving the rest of the players hanging indefinitely while you attend to whatever business you might need to deal with. It seems to me that you should be able to press escape, at the very least, between games or battles. Especially if it's going to take down the other person's game as well.

Finally, I want to ask a serious question, but don't exactly know how to do so without coming off like a whiny bitch, but here goes. I came across some people the other day who were playing online in battle mode. We selected teams, and I didn't know what type to pick, because, unlike with cooperative, you're playing against real people, who make their displeasure known if you pick a crappy type. During the incident I speak of, someone asked me if I was new to battling, and whether I use Team Talk, which made me cringe so hard it wasn't even funny. I felt like a complete ass hat, someone so pathetic that I needed to be coached by a virtual stranger on a platform that I really don't care for to begin with. In my experience, at least with cooperative, while you may very well be dealing with people whose first language isn't English, so they shout at you to pick normal type the whole time, they're not actually going to say anything negative if you pick something else, unless they kick you, which of course can also happen, but that's beside the point.

So, what's the best type to choose when you're dealing with people who want to battle, and they pick that option that gives everybody 2500 HP or whatever ridiculous amount it is?

2018-09-20 10:45:37

It sort of depends on your opponents. Most decks have counter cards (except for piston shot), and obviously some types get utterly wrecked by others. Ground is fairly solid, just wait until you have a few energetic mines in your hand, use earth symbols to get a lot of cards, and have fun with gravitational waves.

But there are tons more options. Perhaps I should write up a list of decks which work well in what kinds of situations. Yugioh has such things too, and they have way more options/decks. You could argue that you don't want to give away your secrets, but honestly there aren't really a lot of secret decks after you've seen them in action for the first time.

2018-09-24 19:48:45

Hi together,
in the new beta 61 there are the symbol cards, like for example the ice symbol.
I have played these cards many times, but nothing has ever happened. Can you tell me what these cards do?
regards Kevin

2018-09-26 02:47:27

Heh, the symbols, when used, give you one more symbol card in your hand.will

2018-09-26 20:03:59 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-09-26 20:05:34)

okay, so symbols cards. I find them helpful for two things:
1. To not allow you to drop in types as you advance in other types. So for example if you can generate a few symbol cards in grass type but you are fire type, then even if you are in fire type attacking, your grass type will also level up and you can also use grass attacks or most other cards from it.
2. Some types, I think they are rock and dark for now, do have some attacking cards, smash symbol and deadly symbol which take into account how many symbol cards you have in your hand. Of course the more of these you have the stronger the attack would be.

and for the first time, I managed to beat the numbered slabs game!! I was actually using liam's slide game to practice, but then realized that I was doing most of this one wrong because this one works opposite to liam's game. in other words, the order has to be done completely differently with the lowest row being 1 2 3, from left to right, the middle one 4 5 6 and the upper one 7 8 and the blank space. I managed to get 20 points on it and unlock the game. Other times I have just gotten 5 or 10 but its totally much more manageable now, once I know how it really worked. So I hope this helps someone.
Oh, right In hardcore mode it will go up to an additional row so you would have 1 2 3, then 4 5 6, then 7 8 9, then 10 11 and the empty space. I managed to get max 5 points on that one. 80 seconds is rather a short time to complete that successfully.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-09-29 04:29:24

oh what a sad thing has been going on in servers lately.
Basically a bunch of elitist groups and racist people too. But what should you expect from that age group any way. Others, who managed to somehow hack the .dat file have around 10 million objects why are they even playing. in fact, why are you going to host a public online server if your sweet suck up friends are the only ones allowed.

2018-09-30 01:47:32

Thank you, I completely agree with that assessment. I think I had previously complained about the same thing a bit, but it got wiped out when the forum had its setback a few weeks ago. Something really does need to be done about this, though. I had originally proposed language channels, for lack of a better term. This would not necessarily get rid of the greater problem, and, at the risk of sounding racist myself, I notice this more when playing games with people who speak languages other than English. They either kick you if you have an English sounding name, or talk about you in a manner which is clearly derogatory, even if you haven't gone through all the trouble to grab the chat messages and run them through Google Translate, you can kind of tell. Having said that, I'm sure there are elitist groups of people who speak English as well, so I really hope I'm not coming across the wrong way here. My point is, if you could set a flag, much the same way as you determine whether you want teams, special bonuses, etc., for your language, it might cut down on some of this crap, because you would be able to see it before joining the server.

But, yes, people should really just stop being buttheads. Since buttheads seem to be the new normal, however, it seems like some measures need to be put in place to prevent them from using public servers for their perverted playground.

2018-09-30 15:16:51

well, if not to at least prevent those who have hacked their file and have like 22102814 objects from playing online

2018-09-30 18:44:38

Well, yeah, that's an issue, too. I actually haven't encountered that, to be honest, but there should be a way to prevent such blatant cheating if it's happening on a regular basis.

2018-10-01 05:33:04 (edited by musicjunky 2018-10-07 00:04:08)

I don't know how this happened, but my exe file for running the game has disappeared! I tried to play from the shortcut on my desktop, and it said the file had been changed or moved. When I looked in the folder, everything else was in the folder except the exe file. I haven't touched anything. In fact, I haven't played since yesterday. I tried to extract everything again from the zip file and paste the exe file into the existing folder, and it did nothing. I saved the previous files to a flash drive and re-downloaded the game. Now when I extract from the new zip file, all I get is the changelog, nothing else. There is no exe file at all. I tried setting file explorer to show hidden files and folders, and that did nothing either. Does anybody know what might be going on?

2018-10-01 06:16:44

I have an answer: my anti-malware application detected it as malware! My mom seems to think that might be what killed the old computer. Guess I won't be playing this game anymore. OH well; it was fun while it lasted.

2018-10-01 18:58:38

Okay, update: I uninstalled the antimalware software, tried to download Crazy Party again, and got the same results. I'm pretty sure the whole thing gets downloaded; it says it's 276 MB. I go to extract it, and I just see the changelog file only. But here's the strange thing: I can press enter on the zip file and see everything, including the exe file. When I try to run that, it says "this application may depend on other files in this folder" or something like that, and it asks me to extract the files again. I do, and again I see only the changelog file. Please note: I do have Windows set to show me hidden files. I haven't the slightest idea what is going on here. Can someone try to download it and see if this issue is reproducable? Thanks.

2018-10-01 19:37:35

Which antivirus are you using? I can't remember if you said whether or not you're using Windows 10, but, if so, if you uninstalled a third party antivirus, it will fall back on Windows Defender, which also thinks this game, as well as many other programs written in BGT, are viruses. You'll need to make an exception for it in Windows Defender, or whatever antivirus you're using. It sounds to me like smart screen might be turned on, which is what's causing the file to be erased as soon as it's downloaded. Disable smart screen, then turn off Windows Defender temporarily while you download the file. Then, extract it, and place it in the directory where you had it originally. At that point you can create an exception so it will no longer scan that folder, then reenable Windows Defender, and you should be good to go.

2018-10-01 23:18:53 (edited by musicjunky 2018-10-01 23:33:54)

I am running Windows 10. I had been using Malwarebytes and it flagged the file when I did a scan. I tried to make it an exclusion in Malwarebytes, and it didn't work, so I uninstalled that, but this computer also came with McAfee, which I can't even use, and I'm thinking of uninstalling it so I can just use Windows Defender. I'll try your suggestions. I guess I need to get rid of McAfee first.

And I can't get rid of McAfee because I can't read the screens!

2018-10-02 00:28:35

It's odd that this game is being flagged for just about everyone at this point in time. I myself had this issue, and I just downloaded the diszip file and skipped the files I already ⠸⠓⠲

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-10-02 02:19:50

you can also get kasperski, although what that does is stop the smart screen from deleting it, it thinks they're viruses but it will give you a choice whether to delete them or not.