2018-07-04 20:25:26

haha. The cursed room or whatever that game is in the darkness is nearly impossible to do with one ear, too. I finally managed to beat it the other day, but it was probably luck more than anything. I basically went five steps forward, five steps left, five steps forward, five steps right, etc.

Thumbs up

2018-07-05 03:50:14 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-07-05 03:53:37)

I feel deeply sorry for those who have hearing issues and are playing this game. I dunno how I'd manage half the games if one or both of my ears didn't work properly.

I personally really really hate the palace, and that stupid sliding slabs puzzle. I try to move the numbers into place and then one number I need to get down from a corner or something is boxed in, so all I can do is move the slabs I just got into place out of position to get that one down, and then I'm basically mega screwed. I lost the desert last night because of that stupid game. I failed five times in a row.

Thumbs up

2018-07-05 08:33:44

Hearing issues do make it a pain sometimes, but not impossible. It's taken me many, many months and tries, but I've unlocked 90 minigames and 14 worlds.

Thumbs up

2018-07-05 16:08:17

Well, I've been having a run of bad luck on the bicycle game since I made that post. I think I jinxed myself.

Thumbs up

2018-07-05 16:40:52

Well hopefully Pragma sees this and comes up with some ideas. to note how frustrating the bike game is, I'd much rather play the snake charmer game.

2018-07-05 17:02:17

greetings I am trying to unlock the desert, and I get to the dragon scales collecting game which I know its the right path to take, but for me trying to get enough scales to get a positive score is like mission impossible almost:) To those ho can do it every time how in the devil do you manage it? tips and hints appreciated. Also I know how to get to the city path but meeting that requirement is almost impossible. To those who can get perfect 20 on that game in the castle how do you do it every time oh experts:) help/hints appreciated:) regards from a lover of crazy party. PS: I was told that the final game before you ge to the desert is metallic welding. how do you play that one?

Thumbs up

2018-07-05 19:14:34

Another one I absolutely do not get is that crazy arena full of walking bombs in the volcano. The bombs are everywhere, when they spot you they chase you, and the arena is a tiny area. You're supposed to make them explode without being killed. Maybe it's the hearing again, but holy crap that's insanely difficult.

Thumbs up

2018-07-05 19:54:25

Not so difficult as long as you are aware that you can walk diagonally, that is to say, press and hold both up and right at the same time, or any other direction you want to move.

Thumbs up

2018-07-06 00:46:44

I have a hard time with the destroying walking bombs game too. They always get me... And I've tried moving diagonally but then I hit a wall and they get me before I turn around.

Thumbs up

2018-07-06 01:46:01

I have trouble with any of the water ones where you have to get bubbles, I can't tell when the bubbles are vertically aligned, so I can't get past polar bears hunting. Also that sticks thing in Circus is complete and utter bull bull, I will probably need to use cheat engine on those two.

The bipeds think this place belongs to them, how cute.

Thumbs up

2018-07-06 03:24:15

Nah. Sticks is completely winnable if you pay attention to the numbers and leave the computer with a certain amount. No matter how many it takes after that, you'll win if you take the right number.

Thumbs up

2018-07-06 03:47:28

Ugh, I hate the sticks game too. Luckily it's not necessary to win it, at least not that I'm aware of.

The game that's making me want to tear my hair out at the moment is the one in the volcano where you need to find the bridges and cross them. I think it's called Across the Lava? Anyway, how the heck do you pass that? I also have major trouble with Destroy Walking Bombs, so I was sincerely hoping I would be able to beat Across the Lava so I wouldn't have to deal with it. Any thoughts?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-06 08:55:56

well, as for the sticks game, its a pretty easy inductive type math pattern. This will be short, I promise.

If we start with 1 stick, the game is pretty silly: Player One takes the stick and loses.  Suppose the players start with 2 sticks instead of 21.  Then, Player One clearly wins: she chooses 1 stick, and Player Two loses.  Player One also wins if they start with 3 or with 4 sticks. 
However, if there are 5 sticks, then Player One must leave Player Two with either 2, 3, or 4 sticks.  We’ve already seen that whoever draws first when there are 2, 3, or 4 sticks left wins.  So, Player Two will win no matter what Player One chooses from the initial 5 sticks. If we start with 6, 7, or 8 sticks, Player One can leave Player Two with 5 sticks.  We’ve already seen that whoever must draw from 5 sticks will lose.  So, if Player Two is forced to draw from 5 sticks, he loses.  Since Player One can force Player Two to choose from 5 sticks if the game starts with 6, 7, or 8 sticks, we know that Player One wins in all three cases.
But what if we start with 9 sticks?  After Player One chooses from 9 sticks, Player Two will be left with 6, 7, or 8 sticks.  We’ve already seen that whoever chooses from 6, 7, or 8 sticks wins, so if Player One chooses from 9 sticks, we know that Player Two will win.
Combining this with our earlier observations, we now see that Player Two wins if we start with 1, 5, or 9 sticks.  Continuing our reasoning from above, we find that Player One wins if we start with 10, 11, or 12 sticks, but Player Two wins if we start with 13. 
Hmmm. . . Player Two wins if we start with 1, 5, 9, or 13 sticks.  Otherwise, Player One wins.  Aha!  We see a pattern.  Each number is 4 more than the number before it.
We’re not finished – we have to prove our pattern works.  We use our experimentation as a guide.  Once a player (who we’ll call Loser) is forced to choose from a number of sticks that is 1 more than a multiple of 4, then the other player (Winner) can force Loser to always choose from a number of sticks that is 1 more than a multiple of 4.  Whenever Loser chooses n sticks, Winner chooses 4-n sticks (Loser chooses 1, Winner chooses 3; Loser chooses 2, Winner chooses 2; Loser chooses 3, Winner chooses 1).  The result: after Loser and Winner both choose, there are 4 fewer sticks, and the number left is still 1 more than a multiple of 4.  Eventually, Loser will get down to just 1 stick, since 1 is 1 more than a multiple of 4.  Then, Loser loses.
So, now we have a strategy: Always force the other player to choose from a number of sticks that is 1 more than a multiple of 4.

Thumbs up

2018-07-06 10:50:51

Across the lava can be difficult if you get a funky path, but try searching along the edges of each island for bridges. I believe it almost always wants you to end up going north, but that doesn't seem to be the case each time.

I did finally manage to beat the destroying walking bombs game.

Also if you think the lava game is bad... dragon scales is much, much worse. Baby dragons are freaking evil and the scales are almost always extremely far from one another. I still have yet to beat it. I think the trick to that is to wait until the dragons are away from you since they don't wander beyond where they patrol, then hope you don't run into a new patrol. The time limit is one of the biggest problems in that game.

Thumbs up

2018-07-06 11:35:10

Hi.
Well, I do have my favorites and the things i hate in that game.
The factory is a world which i always hate when I arive there, the biggest problems for me are the robot cave and the swimming pool where you have to avoid the robots and waves, even though I think I have a strategy to beat that level.
Are there any hints on that hammering game in the circus level? I always seam to hammer the thing in to much.

Greetings Moritz.

Hömma, willze watt von mir oder wie, weil wenn nich, dann lass dir mal sagen, laber mir kein Kottlett anne Wange und hömma, wo wir gerade dabei sind, dann iss hier hängen im Schacht, sonns klapp ich dir hier die Fingernägel auf links, datt kannze mir mal glaubn.

Thumbs up

2018-07-06 21:10:36

re: hammering the nail game, I think the longest press of the f key nails it by about 4.5 or so cm. so Try to get it so that your opponent hammers it when it s about 6.5 cm and do really soft hammers until you have about 4.5 or so of cm left and that's it.

Thumbs up

2018-07-07 02:02:30

I haven't been able to unlock the city because I can never get that last mosquito. Do you have to unlock it in the castle world or can you play it from the rewards room until you get 20?

Thumbs up

2018-07-07 02:26:44

Oh does the circus path wrap around to one path rather than open two worlds, I forget.

Thumbs up

2018-07-07 02:43:58

You have to get 20 on it in the castle itself.

Thumbs up

2018-07-07 04:52:23

@1413 thanks but I still couldn't get it, I suck at math, and I hate that game, I will get past it using cheat engine lol.

Thumbs up

2018-07-08 00:58:01

Agreed, that explanation made my head hurt, but I truly appreciate you taking the time to try. As for opening the city, I'll definitely see what I can do about that, I've never gotten a perfect 20 in the mosquito game, but the castle happens to be my favorite world, so I don't think I'll mind grinding away at it until I can figure it out.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-08 15:13:25

there are actually several games after the mosquito game in the castle before you get to the city exit. Most of them are pretty easy except the castle walls thing is a bit of a pain, though not as bad as the flying boat or underground facility. or boreal forest.

Thumbs up

2018-07-08 22:53:50

it would be nice if in next version you could have more then 80 cards per deck, then you'd be able to integrate 3 o4 of a specific decks type instead having to include less of some and more of another

Thumbs up

2018-07-09 00:04:21

I've only played the boreal forest in a board game, and I agree, that thing sucks. I haven't managed to get more than a few steps usually. The underground facility actually isn't so bad once you've experienced some of the games in the volcano. Some of those lava pits make the underground facility look like a walk in the park.

2018-07-09 02:36:12

I don't mind the boreal forest, the only reason the mosquito one frustrates me is I need a perfect 20. The forest is one of the more unlucky games like the polar bear hunt but stil able to be finished.

Thumbs up