2007-12-29 22:48:11

Hi I've been wanting to play that game for a long time from ToastSoft
But I don't know how or what I need to get to connect. Can someone please help me?
Thanks a lot.

2007-12-29 23:20:53

looks like the simple telnet client that comes with Windows could do it, try
telnet:toastsoft.net:1234

2007-12-30 01:14:31

Hi:

I think this page will help you with getting a MUD Client.
http://liamerven.com/miriani/
Hope this helps.

Game Man

2007-12-30 05:48:39 (edited by Mike 2007-12-30 05:49:18)

Yeah Andy, use that, don't use windows telnet it sucks, and Monkeyterm has a nice soundpack for Miriani.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-12-30 05:50:36

Hi, where do the jaws  configuration files go? I don't wanna contact Liam cuz he's been ignoring me for no reason at all since about March, so if someone could maybe just post where they should go that'd be totally awesome.

Thanks!

2007-12-30 17:53:10

If there are configuration files for Jaws they should just go with the other jaws config files, but they shouldn't be a problem. Here are the most important things for mud clients in my experience -
Punctuation set to some or less
Typing echo off
Typing interrupt off

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-12-31 05:46:44

Cool. So how do I make a username. I've no idea!

2007-12-31 19:22:22

You type new. I'll talk to you on MSN about it.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-12-31 19:27:26

Also a small hint, watch your back. There are people on there now who attack you for no reason at all, even if they're in the same faction as you. That whole random PVP element is a big part of the reason I stopped playing myself.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-12-31 21:21:04

use jaws cursor, with monkeyturm, and use this site
http://liamerven.com/miriani

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-12-31 21:22:39

my username or playername
tristan bussiere

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-01-01 18:25:54

Yeah. I've noticed that. The alliances seem to have no affect at all anymore. They strand you and leave you in wierd places and you have to get other players to help you get out. It's definitely one of the negative aspects of the game.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2008-01-02 08:31:55

Try to avoid a guy called Caster Hemlock, he is a complete nutcase. He is probably the worst offender on the random attack list that I know of, he took pot shots at me when I didn't even do anything and we were both commonwealth. He also started a frankly pointless war between the commonwealth and AIE.

cx2
-----

2008-01-02 17:52:20

Hi:

I remember him. I don't play the game anymore since everything got too boring for me but he tried to steal my 7 person expeditioner and my specialty ship but with no success.

Game Man

2008-01-03 07:32:47

He and possibly one other used their commonwealth specialty shi[p to fire on my fighter, which wasn't really worth doing and had no point in since I was about to land. This is after they knocked on the hull when I was landed, presumably trying to get me to come out to strand me for no reason at all. Then he stranded me for asking why he attacked me. He seemed to have a sidekick by the name of Rothk or somehting similar.

cx2
-----

2008-01-08 02:14:27

what is your name on there cx2?

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-01-08 02:16:10

i have a frater... it is boring... lol

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-01-08 07:03:26

I deleted so I'm not on there any more.

What you want to try is going along on a combat mission to get z few combat points. Once you have 6 byuy a fighter and you can go solo on easy missions.

cx2
-----

2008-01-09 00:04:02

Hi, I do solo missions, I have like 1100 license points and about 160 combat. It's pretty fun. I've never been targetted by Castor, but there's a guy called Caiden Shadowblade who does that random attack stuff.

I mean it's wierd, the alliances don't matter at all. I got my specailty ship stolen by someone also in Hale, and he sold it to someone in Commonwealth.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2008-01-09 12:38:52

That about the specialty ship is against policy, you can't sell a specialty ship to someone outside your alliance if the specialty ship is special to your alliance. You could in theory report him for that.

cx2
-----

2008-01-11 17:59:49

i got banned!... ug

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-01-11 18:02:40

my hit list:
caiden shadowblade
caster hemlock
Greggory Jones
Really Rave
Clinton something (i don't remember the lastname)
Fralolan Brown
Henry Barstone
Kerry Calderon

Don't mess with 'em

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2008-01-12 04:30:27

Kerry wasn't so bad when I met him, but that was admittedly some time ago.

How'd you get banned? They don't usually do that for noo reason.

cx2
-----

2008-01-12 18:00:54 (edited by Mike 2008-01-12 18:01:50)

He had multiple accounts.

Most of those people I'm okay with, but Fralilin and Castor are just nuts, and Rielly Rave is a stupid newbie who thinks he's all that.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2008-01-13 02:29:03

Ouch, that is a big no no.

Yeah I've been on the receiving end of both. Caster as I mentioned did a random attack, and the other tried hatch bombing my freighter while I was salvaging. Should have seen the warning signs when a cargo hauler came into the sector and just sat there. Luckily I got out as soon as I heard the message about there being a thud at the airlock, and presumably they had to space walk all the way back to their disposable  ship.

And this is while I was in the same alliance as both. From a roleplay perspective, and Miriani is in theory enforced RP, it just doesn't make sense since such regular and open use of violence would be sure to attract the attention of the obviously non existent authorities. They must have authorities too, since otherwise the High Guard would probably step in and without the authorities all sorts of nonsense could destabilise things.

From an out of character perspective it's just immature.

Then again if you allow random attacks on players with no provocation then that's the way you're headed.

cx2
-----