2016-05-25 15:30:59

My view.

1. Since you need sighted help to create a character, I don't believe this game belongs hear, it is clearly not accessible.

2. I won't buy or play any game that requires a monthly subscription. That makes for a very expensive game.

3. Keep in mind that you need sighted help to create a character. Do you realize that it's common for a character to get killed, requiring that you again get sighted help to create another character. As your characters die and need replacing, how long before your sighted friends and you get tired of needing their help yet again to create yet another character?

I'm sorry but this game is not for me!

Bye, bye!

2016-05-25 16:28:49

Even if this adds accessibility to some parts of WoW, I also worry that there will be huge gaps.  With all the "auto" features it is using to add accessibility, I also wonder if it will feel like you're playing yourself, or just making a few minor choices while the bot plays the game for you.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-05-25 16:42:09

Pretty sure wow does not have permadeath.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-05-25 17:57:27

Remmeber there's one blind player in WOW who is totally blind and as far as I know he's doing really great. Also, keep in mind this is in the some early stages so don't say anything before testing. Wow is trial so you don't need to pay anything to test it out. I'll put my thoughts soon after my first playthrough.

It's hard to believe the community is so closed to new ideas even if it's not fully playable at this monet. Better to support something than criticising it before trying it out. I fell... comfused and sometimes that kind of projects are the best best example how everyone is refusing it.
Sometimes I feel like noone wants to go further and try to improove gaming but just wants to criticise things without trying it.

No offence ofcourse, it's not my goal, just what I'm thinking.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2016-05-25 18:20:05

I don't think it is so much that everyone is criticizing this, and more that everyone is being cautious.  People pop onto the forums with wild claims about upcoming games and accessible mainstream games fairly often, and they usually end up being nothing more than smoke.  I think, with the track record we see around here, it is good to be skeptical before jumping in and getting hopes up.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-05-25 18:27:52

so where is this Jocys COM addon? its tomorrow already.

2016-05-25 18:37:16

oh. http://www.jocys.com/Files/Software/Joc … ch-WoW.zip

2016-05-25 18:43:53

i played along time lord of the rings online without plugins or addons. using only chat commands. thank you developers of accessibility for wow! it's amazing! could you write how to instal it? after downloading of game client!

2016-05-25 18:59:14

and another question, could i use accessibility addons with russian game client or only english language and english servers?

2016-05-26 00:12:44

Alright, I'll wait for the demo.  Also, Criticview, do your research before posting.  Their is no permadeath in WOW.  Also, if you didn't like the game, why post in the thread?

2016-05-26 05:16:23

In my case I'm not was criticizing the Game.
I'm a huge, very huge fan of blizzard games. I really want to play any of blizzard's games. Diablo, Starcraft (specially starcraft) warcraft, or anything. And this post, give to me a false hope for play WOW.
Any more.

If is really playable for a blind person, I want to see the game and the add-ons in action on a video, or podcast, or something. Paid for the game isn't a real problem. Currently with mi brother, we have various  battle.net games, including some months of WOW. Isn't hard create a new character for test... but ¿test what?

What is the official page of the addon with the documentation (both addons) or a starter guide for blind person, to know how to start with the game. How to manage your inventory, how to open the chatbox or console, etc, etc etc.

If this exist, will be really, really awesome. Thanks for all.

2016-05-26 07:10:54 (edited by Orin 2016-05-26 07:16:47)

I went hunting through the add-on code to see if I could dig up some information on how it is used. This is what I found.
“Type /bw help, quest, spellbook, bag (AKA Inventory), or read for more information.” (I assume this is the message the add-on delivers to a new character when first logging into one with it installed. You type commands prefixed by “/BW” into chat.
"The set bindings command allows you to set a binding via the chat line. (I assume this is something like “BW Bindings” or “BW Set Bindings”.
The command is /bw set bindings key action”. Not sure exactly how to type the actions.
The /bw quest count command returns the number of quests you have in your quest log. All of the following commands appear to be related to questing.
The /bw  quest number stores the index of the given quest and returns  the title of the quest. Useful if your quest log is simply filled with a bunch of quests, i guess.
The /bw quest stored command returns the title of your currently stored quest. “Currently stored quest” in non-technical terms, I assume, means the currently active quest you are doing. The currently selected one—you could have hundreds in your quest Log.
The /bw quest abandon command will abandon your currently selected quest.—what about accepting one?
The /bw quest progress will inform you of your progress on the saved quest.
The /bw quest all command gives the titles and indexes of all the quests in your quest log—I better have a way to quiet speech because that could get spammy.
The /bw quest locate command will help you locate the general area of a quest
The /bw quest all command will return the indices and titles of all your quests—sounds almost identical to a command above, does this mean quests all time, completed, abandoned, not started etc? “All” of them?
The /bw quest select command will allow you to select one of your stored quests—we get all of these commands, but how do we know if we can even take a quest in the first place?
The /bw quest reward command will help you to select a quest reward
The /bw quest select command will allow you to cycle through your quests in your quest log
Spell book Commands:
The /bw spellbook next command moves to the next spellbook page
The /bw spellbook previous command moves to the previous spellbook page
The /bw spellbook more command gives more information on a spell or ability
The /bw spellbook bind command will bind an ability the character has learned to a keybind
The /bw spellbook bindinfo command will return information on an ability bound to a keybind
Bag/Inventory commands
The /bw bag activate command will return the number of items in your bags and activate bag mode—Does this feel like a mud yet with all of these commands to remember?
The /bw bag next command will return the name of an item in the next bag slot
The /bw bag previous command will return the name of an item in the previous bag slot
The /bw bag info command will return the name of your currently item selected
The /bw bag destroy command will destroy the currently selected item
The /bw bag equip command will equip the selected item if possible—If not possible, I hope it tells you why so you can attempt to fix it.
The /bw bag bind <bindkey> will bind the current item selected into the requested slot
The /bw bag moreinfo command will return an in depth description of the item
The /bw bag number command will attempt to give the name of an item at the given index
The read commands are—that appears under construction.
The BW addon is the one in the first post. The second addon actually reads everything.
Edit: I'm curious about navigation still. I bet we stil need sighted help to do that? What if we've completed the quests in the quest log and need to get another one, for example? What to do then? More importantly, where to go?

2016-05-26 07:41:38

hi
please recording how this game work

2016-05-26 07:42:04

Hello all!  I'm one of the developers for this project.
Apologies if this was presented to you as something more than it is.

Blind Warcraft is an open sourced project that is adding blind accessible features to the World of Warcraft in-game interface.
What that means is you can navigate your inventory, spell book, quest log, and receive feedback on combat using just your keyboard.  At this stage in the project, you can't do anything else outside of that.  It is heavily recommended that you have someone who can help you set this up and install as nothing else about this game is accessible at this point. 

Some of you had concerns that this automates the game for you.  It does not, we specifically avoided doing a lot of things that would result in an account ban or lack of agency.  The features that we implemented are simply alternative methods to navigate the interface and receive feedback on the game.  This is also why the add-on may be a bit bare.  The features implemented have only been tested in the early portions of the game and are not guaranteed to work during later levels.

If you are still interested in trying this out, you will need to install the add ons and run JocysCom.  If you use NVDA, then you must run a different version of the JocysCom program found in the bitbucket page below.

This project is open source, so if you are a developer or know any developers who are interested then you may continue working on this project with the following link:

https://bitbucket.org/stefika/fall-2015 … t/overview

You may also download the necessary project files in the same website under the downloads tab.

Again, apologies if this was presented to you as a fully accessible version of World of Warcraft.  The truth is that with the way the WoW API works, there may be no way to achieve that without risking an account ban by automating some features for you.  What we have is just a few months of work we did as part of a university project.

I know you guys had a ton of questions, so I'll try to answer a few here if you would like.  I appreciate the comments/concerns/healthy skepticism. I am very happy that some of you are excited about what we have, but please understand that there are some very serious limitations to this.

Thank you!

2016-05-26 07:43:20

Also, here is a video of the add-on in action for those curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YddksRc9IkM

2016-05-26 09:32:39

please help
what I have to do what game to be accessible?

2016-05-26 10:57:13

hello! i am a professional blind gamer. almost all my life i play games for sighted people. for example i completed diablo 3,warcraft 3   along time i
play lord of the rings online without plugins or addons. i used only commands and interface features. i completed many different games for sighted.  i'd
like to contact with team of developers of this great project and maybe some of my experience could be usefull. best regards!
my skype: igggggoreha3791
mail:  [email protected]
[email protected]

2016-05-26 10:58:39

i can speak english,french and russian languages.

2016-05-26 12:40:25

Hi, the bidbucked says that I don't have access to this repo. What to do?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2016-05-26 15:17:13

Well, this is a pretty good attempt, I must say. It's nice to be able to hear a quest blerb. Not only will you need help creating a character, but you'll also need help navigating in general. sad Some day, though, I hope this might not be the case with a new addon, or Blizzard starts something.

2016-05-26 16:19:49

I really don't think blizard will even care about this. It works, and we can fully play wow? There's a few extra bucks for them. We can't play? No loss, they have hundreds of other players anyway.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2016-05-26 16:28:15

Undrets? They have millions nof other players

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2016-05-26 16:33:49

friends! i think, we should support developers of this project! they give us a great possibility to play global mmorpg and i am sure that they will add and improve accessibility

2016-05-26 16:35:02

and i am sure that it's not difficult to find players who will agree to help us to navigate in the world

2016-05-26 18:09:57

then, i suggest to create skype group and to add all persons who interesting or  will agree to help in  the world of azeroth blind people and sighted.