2016-05-24 01:36:39

Hi everyone:
As taken from the Leviathan Chronicles Facebook page:
Hello Everyone,
It’s been way too long, and I wanted to personally apologize for the length of time that’s passed since reaching out. I also wanted to provide an update of the status of The Leviathan Chronicles. I understand the burning questions on everyone’s mind is if Leviathan is dead, or when the remainder of Season 2 will be dropped.
Let me start with the punchline: Leviathan is going to continue and more chapters are coming.
For reasons I’ll get to shortly, I haven’t been able to work on Leviathan for the past year. But as I’ve mentioned previously, the vast majority of the remaining episodes of Season 2 is completed. There is still some extensive work that needs to be completed on Episodes 39 - 40, as well as the Season Finale episodes. There will also be an expansive Epilogue episode that will accompany The Director’s Cut.
During this absence, I’ve heard from hundreds of you, more than I could personally reply to. The vast majority of you (though not all…) have been kindly concerned about me, and wanted to understand the reason for the delay. It’s very sad and hard for me to write this but my wonderful and beautiful wife was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer more than a year ago, and has been fighting bravely to beat this horrible disease and enduring grueling regiments of chemotherapy and radiation. Because of this change in our lives, we’ve moved to San Francisco for me to accept a job in finance, and to provide the best care for her.
Obviously, a tremendous amount has been going on which hasn’t allowed for much energy or resources to be devoted to The Leviathan Chronicles. I can’t tell you how much this gnaws at me every single day. I miss the thrill of releasing new episodes, or getting to collaborate with such amazing artists. For me, Leviathan has always been far more than a story but a treasured journey in storytelling and a rewarding, nourishing place to allow my imagination to escape. I love my characters and I cannot wait to share them with you again in the near future. There a pretty wild road ahead.
But it’s important for me to communicate clearly that I do not have a set time when I can firmly promise that the remaining episodes and future seasons will be completed. My sincere hope to try to get episodes out by the end of 2016. And while I can’t offer the definitive timeline that I know many of you want (and truthfully deserve), what I can offer are some of the concrete steps we are taking to bring Leviathan back to your ears:
- I’ve spoken with Nobi, Robin, and Luke and everyone can’t get wait to get working again. We are all committed, and looking at some different technological solutions to deal with the fact that I’m now on the West Coast. We are also going to be reaching out all of our amazing actors and get everyone back on the same page.
- We will be creating a Donate button on the website for those that have so graciously offered to help defray some of the Leviathan costs.
- Most importantly, we will finally be setting up a Patreon page to create a sustainable viable economic model for Leviathan (current and future seasons) so that interruptions are kept to a minimum going forward. Frankly, this was always the idea, but the technology literally didn’t exist when Leviathan launched to realize it. The best way for Leviathan to move forward is to have a concrete estimate of what revenue we can expect from each episode – a modified subscription model, if you will. For those not familiar, Patreon has a feature that charges you (within your own predetermined budget) whenever a new body of work (in this case, a new Leviathan episode) is released. This will a massive help in allowing us to budget resources to produce bigger and better episodes on a more timely basis by recruiting more help when we need it.
Again, the two things I really hope you’ll take away from this post is that Leviathan is far, far from dead and will be returning shortly. And second, thank you all so much for the incredible impact you’ve all had on my life. All of you. Those with whom I’ve shared my situation with have responded with overwhelming compassion and moving stories of your fights with major health scares. Your continued support of Leviathan has been an inspiration for me, and lifted my spirits during some very heavy times.
I can’t wait to continue this journey together. Thank you all again.
Post End

2016-05-24 22:11:00

It is so amazingly good to hear that there has finally been an update on Christof and the situation with Leviathan. I'm really, really looking forward to hearing more.

2016-05-24 23:25:13

Great that things are continuing, I'll see if I still have Christov's email address to send him some encouragement and condolences.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-05-28 20:18:22

hi,
feelsgood after hearing that something which was assumed to be nearly dead or gone, or one had lost hope about any possibility of a future update or so on, is not completely dead at all. as long as the creater keeps spreading word even if there is no new content over a long time is different from a condition where there is no word at all and an average person might think the author had simply lost interest and such.

I hope the series does not  become dead or abandoned at some point, specially at the current position.

good luck to the author and his team...

regards

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2016-05-28 21:14:13

i can't weight to see more. a friend showed me the episodes and i want to see what happens. where can i find this or the directors cut? what's the difference between the two?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2016-06-17 03:11:58 (edited by Chris 2016-06-17 03:13:27)

This is awesome! The Director Cut is available on the website and costs $20. It adds some extra storyline that enhances the story. I'm glad I purchased it. Speaking of the full books, does the Season 1 audiobook contain any material not found in the podcast feed like the Director Cut? Even if it doesn't I may still pay the $10 just to support Christof. I hope the series continues. I'm planning on buying all the premium content which I feel is reasonably priced. It will be good to get more content. The series hasn't been updated for over 2 years. Finally, how do I convert a .m4b file to mp3? The Director Cut book came in m4b format. While I was able to play it in VLC, I want to convert it to mp3 so I can play it on my Stream or other devices.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.