2017-01-17 04:18:11

I'm going to agree with Steve as well. Sam, you are very unresponsive, I will agree, and you also tend to not take any of our suggestions into account. People have made this suggestion to turn it down many times, and you have said that you will not because it's to punish speedhackers.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-01-17 04:53:13

Yes, the way the speed protection works now it punishes users that aren't even speed hacking at all and it does need to be dealt with. As far as the admins stuff is concerned there are none as far as I know. I was on a few days ago as another name and someone was mad because they asumed I was a cheater and spammed me for ten minutes. Personally I would like to be an admin on this game because stuff like that needs to be stopped. If not me as an admin then someone needs to be. I think in this case an admin only needs to have the ability to kick and ban other players and only should do so if that player has been told again and again to stop doing things they shouldn't.

2017-01-18 10:26:44 (edited by marro 2017-01-18 10:27:53)

hi,
Actually, all the betatesters are admins now. So the admin problem is fixed. And a lot of spammers, offliners, and cheaters are away. So thank you sam

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-01-18 11:11:12

ehh? , really? ,  I still saw those dudes kicking around today , cheata , I mean

2017-01-18 12:39:09

I would like to state that do to some complications with both Tupy and the game itself, the redspot handbook will no longer receive updates. If someone wishes to take it over you can contact me on the following:
Twitter, @quakelover
Skype, connor.moser.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-01-18 18:34:26

Sam is not unresponssible, you people just gotta know time matters. Coding a couple of games simultaneously is not as easy as you think, especially when he has editional and rather daily things to do in life as yall do.
What I am seeing now is that, Sam promotes the ones that he knows not only the ones that play Redspot perfectly. But it is no one's business lmao, it could be a personal opinion.
I just go play, usually I get pissed by either cheaters or so, but there's nothing to do than just keep killing them and reporting them to Sam or an admin.

2017-01-18 20:47:09

Good afternoon:
The truth is that the game has a great dynamic but the admins and even the programmer have a complex of gods that annoys a lot. There are people who spend days connected to the game and there are times when you enter a moment to have fun but with so much health and ammunition I have seen them kill a person 6 7 or more times. Maybe if you could put a limit in hours to be the majority in possible equality but in the end the last word is the creators.

2017-01-18 22:10:26

@656
I disagree. Coding games takes time, sure. but Sam does have plenty of time, he simply spends it on developing the update, and the developement of the update has taken quite long already. I'm not saying that the update should be rushed, but he could at least release a small patch fixing speedhacks. As far as I can tell, many players are affected, some worse than others. For some it makes the game unplayable, for some it just pops up from time to time. Isn't this a severe enough issue that it should be getting priority? apparently not.
And yes, I am holding Sam to high standards, because of the following on his website:
Redspot is probably now one of the best multi player audio friendly first person shooter games available! It includes over 25 items of destruction, and that grows all the time! It is completely accessable and there will probably always be someone to kill! For more info, you can download and view the included documentation. For those of you who like blood, how many red spots of blood can you splatter on the ground... How many deaths can you cause!
Not the best fps when a lot of the players can't play, right?

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2017-01-21 01:40:25

I went on the game today for the first time in a while, and while I noticed no issues with admins, (yet), I have noticed that there are some MAJOR balancing issues. I think falls do far too much damage. In no way would a fifteen foot drop warrant enough damage to take off at least 500 damage. It's massively imbalanced. I also think there are some things that NEED to be taken out. The fact that every time you're poisoned you have to sit there and deal with "Poison! Poison! Poison! Poison!" when it's already effecting you negatively just seems like insult to injury to me. And lastly, some effects act entirely too quickly. Now yes, I know, in reality cyanide is toxic, but the fact that you get hit with cyanide canisters and two seconds later you're dead? Rather unpractical and unfair to the player, especially if they had an antibiotic to counter it. Just my thoughts.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-01-21 03:50:45

hi, i don't agree when it comes to the gass, the game have to be challenging, not easy, i can agree though with the damage of the falls etc, but again, it's there to make the game more challenging so i don't really have any problems with that, just try to not fall heh. as for the poison, yeah, that's very anoying when the screan reader keeps saying poison, in my opinion the sound is good enough and just to make it so everyone is good to go, the screan reader may say poisoned once when the dart or progectile hitts just to clerify

2017-01-21 04:07:15

He might be adding something exciting. For example, I heard he was going to add a Romote Control weapon, right? Not sure if he said, but in the Manuel, yes.

2017-01-21 09:57:26

from what tupy stated, poison was ment to hinder you in what you were doing as well as cause damage and this is why it spams your screen reader. This could be acomplished with something else though like decreased footstep speed, lagging key strokes or your game sometimes just not accepting keys for a few seconds.

2017-01-21 17:47:35

Yeah because poison does numb the senses... Also, I wanted to suggest that maybe it would be cool to be able to retrieve used weapons from corpses. And by these I mean ammo from crossbows, throwing knives and throwing stars. I'm guessing a person just doesn't run around with the arrow sticking out and the arrow isn't completely unusable so... it could be cool!

2017-01-21 23:11:10

After venturing onto the server today, I found myself highly unimpressed. Now I know that what I am about to describe is inevitable, no matter the location, and I do not in any way seek to heighten it's content on this forum, I simply wish to warn those of you who dislike it of what I saw today. Upon entering the server, I found many players, of which I will not name, attacking one individual person, including someone of some notoriety. As I sat and watched, it got increasingly worse and increasingly more one sided, with those players going against the single player the aggressors. Now, I do not claim to know the situation they were speaking of, but I am highly disapproving and unimpressed with a game where you could become the target of combined harassment. Thank you.

2017-01-22 01:00:21

Hello,
I am truely disturbed at the insults thrown at me. Can one of the redspot admins contact me through email please? Thank you.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-01-22 01:02:11

what else do you expect from a fps? in my opinion blind people are too focused on, blah, no stewpid things on this game, no trolling, no atacking other players, only 0,22% of the world thinks like that and it's the blind people. the rest of the world doesn't think that way and they deffenetly don't go and write here if they don't like something, they leave the game. don't expect something else from a fps like rs

2017-01-22 01:15:59

I've seen the ganging up on one person in particular a number of times, unfortunately. The only sensable thing you can do in this situation if you're the victim is to just log off and forget about it.

2017-01-22 04:25:49

Good evening: For this reason I suggest once again that a maximum hourly limit is set for a player, not to withdraw from the game but to restart it and catch up with the others. There are several who after the hours have more than 12,000 health and many weapons and ammunition and when the team tries to hunt them so that when the teammates count the principal to finish again and again contact with some conceited administrator and they end up bouncing him Game for no reason or reason. Although they sometimes come out to show off their degree

2017-01-22 13:31:20

Hello,
The insults that I'm talking about are not in a personal nature. They're deeper insults.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-01-22 16:56:34

Could you please explain what you mean by deeper?

2017-01-22 19:25:47

Hello,By different I mean insults to race, religion, family etc. Are those insults that can be tolerated as easy as personal insults?

2017-01-23 11:22:42

Hi. I haven't been enjoying this game lately for the way some of you players have been behaving towards me. I won't mention any names but you know who you are. You've offended me extremely because of your ugly behaviour towards me and this game has become very unpleasant for me because of this. I want to have fun here but I'm not any more because of you. you act like children whenever I come online and insult me extremely and I don't like that at all. An example of this is that call me a cheeter when I'm actually not. I'll say this very clear. I'm not a cheeter and I don't cheet!!! I would like an apology from you, otherwise I won't be playing this game any more and you'll have a lot of work to do in convincing to rejoin. Sam, I'm not saying this to offend you but I jut want to put it out there because of some of the other players, they know who they are, who have behaved badly towards me. I hope this comes through clearly and I hope you will think about this very carefully. Thanks very much and good luck in convincing me to rejoin the game.

2017-01-23 13:24:08

Ahem, aren't insults actually part of the game? I know I'm going to sound harsh with this, but trolling and insults are part of the game, and, in fact, any first person shooter like this. It's part of the fun, if you're in to that sort of thing. The best you can do as a victim is either fire back insults of your own, log out and forget about it, or just ignore it.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-01-23 18:08:38

@672 all you do when you come online is go AFK when your health is low, and chat chat chat and chat and not play the game anyway, and insult people as well when they actually kill you, and now you go and cry on the forum. So really if you don't want to play the game anymore it should be fine. Your choice, no one else's, you're not an asset I'm sure.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-01-23 19:50:19

I disagree. you may think insulting is fun but some of you have taken it just a bit too far and gang up against me and I don't like it and I don't cry about it as if I'm a baby, I'm just pointing out how I feel. I want to have fun on here but it's now impossible because of these culprates, they know who they are. They must just get over themselves and let me have fun playing the game.