2016-05-16 20:44:40

Hi smoothgunner, I noticed your tutorials are in ipod format, thats fine.
However could you reupload file 1?
file 2 is 9mb, file 1 is 200kb only.

2016-05-16 21:14:27

I'm still stuck on level three. lol I really like this game though, it makes me think.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-05-17 05:13:36

I simply love this kind of games and this game in particular! Just one question for Aprone: I would like to place the starting position of my level in E5, usinga grid made by 10x10. The only problem is there arent the all for ways of facing the arm in the level creation tool! I think there are just 2 possibilities but not the other two! Is it a choice Aprone made or is it just a quick error to solve? Thanks a lot for your help!

Claudio

2016-05-17 08:48:59

Hi all. I got this game recently, and maibe this will sound ridiculous, but i'm stuck at level 1. How should I make the arm turn east if it's going only south?
I'm confused

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2016-05-17 14:38:49

Hi there,

Listen to Smoothgunner's walkthrough of level one. He does a great job of explaining what you need to do.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2016-05-17 17:31:39

Razvitasca, here is the link to Smoothgunner's level 1 walkthrough.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlunodsoveh1k … l.m4a?dl=0

Staindaddict, still stuck?

Claudiogaranzini, the editor only allows the arm's starting location to be along an edge of the map.  Code wise there is nothing stopping the start position from being anywhere on the grid, but this was just a design choice to give the game a particular feel.

If you you would like to have your arm start at E 5 anyway, you certainly can!  After saving your map, open it with notepad.  The first 2 lines are the map's name and description.  The second 2 lines are the map's width and height.  Now you have the starting X coordinate (E will be 5), the starting Y coordinate, and the starting direction.  The direction is probably best left for the editor to fill in, but this is a quick and easy way to start your arm somewhere in the room that is Not along an edge.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-05-17 17:45:07

Yup, I'm still stuck. lol I don't understand how to get both rats. I can't put a turn switch on top of the rat, and if I put it right before the rat, it won't get both of them.. So, yah, still clueless.

2016-05-17 18:28:36

Standaddict, if there were a way to head east along the bottom row, that would get both of those critters.  smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-17 18:42:54

crashmaster I checked and you are correct, file one is 9mb which is very odd, because I used the same recording ap I did for file to, is it not letting you download it? I can try to convert the file to mp3 and see if it will become smaller if need be

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-05-17 18:45:36

if anyone makes a custom map make sure to tell us so we can give it a shot

2016-05-17 19:02:15

hi.
@staindaddict
spoilers ahead:
try to get to a4 where you must place a north east track, this way the arm will go all the way to the border of the map killing all rats. the starting direction is east if I remember right, but with 3 tracks you can make the arm go south towards a4 where you must place the north-east track. north-east because though the arm travels south a4 is north of the arm so the arm will enter trough the northern portion of the track and it will go east.
end of spoilers.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-05-17 22:46:27

Hi smoothgunner.
Ok the link given again by aprone worked, I listened to the tutorial and it worked fine.

2016-05-17 23:40:11

@nin, thanks for your explaination.. I passed it! lol
Now, I have ideas for level 4, but there's all these track blockers in the way, and there's no way for me to put a turning peace on the arms starting position. Is there a way to pause the game, and add peaces to the board?

2016-05-18 00:03:42

Hey:
I'm a little stuck on level 8. I thought I figured out a good solution for it but I have a small problem. I can't get the arm to switch back to using the saw attachment.
Any help is appreciated thanks.

Game Man

2016-05-18 01:31:17

Staindaddict, you cannot pause and add pieces.  Any changes you make to the track must be done before the arm begins on its path.

Game man, if you are currently holding a mouse or rat then the arm is not able to switch back to a saw.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-18 02:09:27

game man no need to change the arm attachment for level 8, just make sure you put up a recharge station to get some battery life, and you are going to need to make use of a couple of switches

2016-05-18 03:49:27

well I finally made it to the frightening level 14, and come on guys that level was so easy lol.....got it in my first shot and didn't even take to long to figure it out......in my opinion level13 with all that derbree you had to go through was more difficult than 14
s
p
o
I
l
e
r
aprone nice nod to the hackers in swamp lol cool easter egg

2016-05-18 03:57:59

I'm now on level 10. I'm definitely enjoying this game.

Game Man

2016-05-18 04:10:20

@smoothgunner, are you going to make anymore walkthroughs?? Just curious.

2016-05-18 04:29:15

yes I will, as people request them.....do you have one in mind of something that you want me to explain?

2016-05-18 04:33:32

Smoothgunner, your above post gave me an idea for a walk through (of sorts), but I'm mainly just mentioning it as a joke.  How about a walk through to explain all of the easter eggs in the game's story?  big_smile  haha!

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-05-18 04:44:49

@smoothgunner, a walkthrough of level 4 would be cool, and also a walk through about the claw. I don't get what you're supposed to use the claw for, and I don't get what to do with the mice on the board.
Thanks so much.

2016-05-18 07:32:57 (edited by mastodont 2016-05-18 07:37:35)

you don't need the claw until later on, level 17 is the first level where you need it and you're taught how to use it. you can't use the claw in the lower levels because there isn't any drop zone and you can pick a mouse up but you can't drop it on the ground. as for the mice, you must avoid them big_smile

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-05-18 13:15:40

Ugh. and now I get to level 10. man this is hard.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2016-05-18 13:52:35

yes nin is correct, you don't need the claw in lower levels, so don't even fry your brain on trying to figure it out yet lol and yes I will make a walkthrough of level 4 for ya......aprone that doesn't sound like a bad idea haha this story is very amusing I must say.....and yes level 10 was a bit difficult I will admit, here is a hint, you will have to use the recharge station that is on the map, and you will have to link two switches together to do so