2016-05-07 18:35:34

Good evening everyone.
I am curious if someone still has the old shades of doom version 2.0 setup flying around?
I tried the updated version yesturday, but I really don't like the sounds of the new update. This doesnt mean that I find that these are bad sounds, it just sounds a bit to much like star trek for my taste. So, does someone have the old setup and could upload it to dropbox?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-05-08 00:55:00

Don't you mean the old version of Shades of Doom 1.2? As far as I know, 2.0 is the latest version out now.
smile
Btw, for some reason, I can never get the message for area 5. Hehe, hope that's fixed in 2.0.

2016-05-08 09:14:08

Nope, I don't mean the 1.0 build.
GMA rleased the first 2.0 version some years ago, and this or late last year, they released a new version 2.0 update, together with there GMA account system. But I don't like the sounds of the new build, so I was wondering if someone still has the old 2.0 build.

2016-05-08 15:21:42

are you talking about the version which have the old eva voice and new objects and gun sounds?
I never got that setup
Thanks
ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-05-08 16:36:16

Hi. Yep, that's the version I am looking for, it's the one which for example raul galegos has used in his let's play of the game.

2016-05-08 17:02:53

Hi.
Ah, forget everything I said, I messed up some of the versions and thought that the 1.2 build was the 1.0 build, I noticed it just now when I checked the audiogames description on the game list.

2016-05-11 05:07:57

I don't like shades of doom 2.0 because there is nothing new in this version.
raul played 1.2 in his let's plays.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-05-11 12:05:39

Ishhan,
The changes from 1.2 to 2.0 are:
Changes have been made so that sounds again represent the direction of the monster or object.
After Windows Vista was introduced, sounds did not well reflect the actual position of the monsters and objects. The sounds seemed to center when the monster
or object was close to the player character.
The user data files are now kept in the user's documents folder instead of being kept under the program files folder. This removes quite a few problems
when trying to locate where Windows saved these files, especially for those running versions of Windows starting with the Vista version.
This change should also eliminate most, if not all of the problems related to privileges.
You may now use the mouse to play Shades of Doom.
Most of the sounds have been improved.
The EVA has a new voice or you can use your SAPI or screen reader voice instead.
Cheat codes are included at no charge.
There was a major reworking of the engine.
Many small bugs have been fixed.

2016-05-11 18:09:48

Hello
shades of doom 1.2:
http://gmagames.com/sod1208.exe
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.