2016-04-30 20:54:17

Hello.
Well I decided to create this topic to see if anybody likes mystery novels. I know of some people who like fantasy novels because I've discussed them on here before but I've never seen mystery novels mentioned. I love mysteries I read them all the time. Right now I'm reading the mercedes coffin by faye kellerman. It's a wonderful exciting story. Jonathan and Faye Kellerman are two of my favorites. So does anybody else enjoy mysteries?

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2016-04-30 22:37:02

I love mystery, fantasy, and sci-fi novels. However, I haven't read a good mystery novel in a while (mostly because I don't have any sources for good books).

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-04-30 23:31:26

hi,
just wondering though, from where the heck you guys get most of novels you all claim to be reading or have read in past. actually, a huge amount of whatever books I'm having were obtained from torrents, that too quite a few in epub etc. many are well known ones I suppose, no idea how one grabs hold of the ones which aren't commonly heard or popular and them manages to read them too. actually I'm one of those who don't enjoy sticking to a particular activity unless interested, and don't easily like to give up after being hooked to something. hary potter books for example, probably because of some disruption and decent reading speed, I was able to cover all 7 books 3 years ago, took 12 days approx., and I don't remember doing anything else accept reading at that time, lol.

however, I stumbled upon a couple of books by an author don'tremember his name but their plot sounded quite interesting and exactly what I'd want to read, but wasn't able to find a readable version ever. same is true for some others as well. so yeah, on one hand I may have access to a few good books and might even consider reading them ahead, but reading the ones I want at a particular time or checking out some of the less famous ones remains the problem,  atleast as of now.

regards.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2016-04-30 23:45:08

Hi.
@Sid512, To answer your question I live in the US. so I have access to bard and bookshare. I get most of my books from bookshare in braille and read them on my BrailleNote. Unfortunately, if you live outside the US. things are messy because apparently governments can't get it together long enough to hammer out what's going on with copyright laws.
@Blindncool, well I'm good at finding people exactly what they want to read. Just tell me what kind of mystery you like and I will give you suggestions. I do this for people sometimes and it seems to work.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2016-05-01 00:23:03

I'm mostly into murder mysteries and such. I listen to most of my audio books on youtube.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-05-01 13:40:24

@Guitarman, my lady is a fan of Kellerman, and has recommended ssome of his though I've not read any myself yet.

I used to read a lot of spy and crime stuff as a teenager, as well as the odd mystery. The spy and crime stuff though got a bit much with the political leanings (I got well sick of the evil Russian/chinese/arabs/insert other nation here), and with mysteries I often found them a bit slow going if the characters were overly dull, and I more often found I got the sort of experience I wanted from speculative fiction, ie sf, fantasy or horror.

My lady is a big fan of crime stuff, mysteries and suspense, albeit she reads a lot of speculative fiction too, so she's recommended some that I might give a try to, including Kellerman, ---- heck I take recommendations.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)