2016-04-20 04:10:18

Okay, lets keep this short and sweet.
Once upon a time there was a website that got updated, ---- the end!

Oh? what's wrong with that? Oh yes, I forgot all good stories need characters and conflict and plot, and also dinosaurs, and alien invasions, and hoards of zombies, and neuclear appocalypses, and killer robots, and big explosions, and  evil gods rising from the dark unknown for world domination.

Okay, lets try that again.

Once upon a time there was a website called Bob (there, characters!), who was being updated when suddenly an alien attac fleet lead by commander convenience from the planet conflict (there you see, that is clever, it's called meta fiction, see clever clever!). Anyway, the aliens then decimated most of the worlds' population, however a small band of heroes managed to smuggle an old ex soviet era warhead onto their ship which exploded.
This was fine, accept the radiation from the exploding ship caused a zombie plague which produced a hoard of flesh eating undead that lived on people's brains.
Then, Doctor plot device (againn, see the clever?), suddenly realized that dinosaurs had such big brains it'd take the zombies far too long to eat one, so they could be used as zombie bate to lure the undead into convenient locations where the specially designed robot shock troops could illiminate them with their zombie death killing rays of extreme zombi destruction.
This plan worked, however what nobody realized was that the hole sequence of events was really the design of a dark god called dark, who was actually writing all this rubbish down in a story just about site updates and had finally got utterly sick of the hole thing so randomly desired to destroy the world for some reason, ---- well just because, you know, destroying the world is a totally unexpected ending.
And so everybody lived happily ever after, if by happily you mean obliviously, and if by ever after you mean the space of about two seconds until Dark's evil power of evil made the world explode and everything went boom!

Then however Dark felt a little sorry for this, sinse humanity really isn't all that bad and just decided that it'd all been a joke anyhow, and the planet earth popped back into existance as if none of this had ever happened but with one small change to reality, ---- that website called Bob I mentioned a while ago, well it got updated, ----- ha!

Well the moral of this story is, don't try to write coherently at three in the morning, though at least I can leave everyone with some updates.

Updates by Dark.

Added some extra access info on Bloodwars.
Adventure to fate 3 Quest to the future: Entry, description and links, (includes a short guide on the interface to help people get started).
Pawprints: Entry and description.
Blindfold Barnyard: Entry, description and links.
Updated links and download info for Tiny Zebra's rock and Destination Mars.
Tiny zebra's rock: Added note on Kelly's hosting of the games.
Space encounter: entry, description and links.
Fixed entry and download links for Packman talks.
Nano Empire: Entry, description and links.
Drakor: Entry and description.
Blindfold Shuffleboard: Entry, description and links.
Blindfold Bowling: entry, description and links.
Crimson moon: Entry and description.
Stem stumper: Expanded description with a more complete explanation of game mechanics.
Spellstack: entry, description and links.
BG Golf Solitaire: Entry and description.
Vandetta Crime: Entry and description.
Blindfold Colorcrush: Entry, description and links.

Updated all Spoonbill software games entries with download links.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-04-20 15:11:47 (edited by Socheat 2016-04-20 15:12:22)

lol. that was a nice story Dark. Perhaps you could make it to an audio drama so we can listen to it? big_smile

2016-04-20 16:43:01

Lol this story was cool, dark. Please make an audio drama out of that so that we can listen to it!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2016-04-20 20:36:46

Hi guys,
Some of you wanted an audio version of Dark's story.
Well, I had nothing else to do today so in the space of a few hours, I created this audio version with music and sounds, it's voiced by a synth but I hope you still enjoy it. Also, it would be really funny if someone else makes another version because the text story is here on this topic.
http://aaron.tdrealms.com/audio/audio_d … ut_bob.ogg

2016-04-20 21:46:10

Wow Aaron, the fact that a load of old tosh I wrote at around three in the morning when I was distinctly not connected with reality has turned out to be my first attempt at script writing for an audio drama is sort of scary!
That was however hilarious! 

My lady actually asked  me if I was okay with me laughing so much, then I played it her and she joined me (we both thought the dinosaur bit was amazing!).

She also asked me to say hi for her, she was Talia on Klango and remembers you from there, (she was amazed where you got all those sounds).

Great job, however I do worry that next site updates won't be half as spectacular in comparison big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-04-20 21:55:00

hey guys, aaron, audio drama is fun!

2016-04-20 22:55:33

I only made the audio version because others were requesting it and I had some spare time on my hands. I'm now wondering if anyone else might create their own version because this story is silly and I think it's perfect for sound designers.
spoilers and some behind the scenes for my audio version ahead.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
I found the dinosaur bit really hard because I didn't have enough sounds to make destructive rays and I also lacked dinosaur footsteps, so just put a bunch of roars and a few squishes in there. I wanted to make it longer because I wanted the actual theme to kick in but I thought it'd be a bit boring and was running out of ideas.
I enjoyed creating the action bit when I listen back to it, it actually turned out more epic than I thought. The ship explodes and the choir kicks in and then it slows down and you hear that first zombie.
I wasn't really very sure what to do at the end.
What do you think was the funniest bit?

2016-04-21 00:14:42

News not showing up on the front page for anyone else? Weird.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-04-21 11:24:51

@Aaron, my lady was most amused at the squishes big_smile.
For the bit at the end, I actually wondered if you'd have a plughole type swooshing sound, sort of like the end of the universe in h2g2 for the world being destroyed, and then a ping for it coming back.
I also wondered if the bit about "lived happily ever after for two seconds" you'd have a park type ambience with people and a normal street, and then obviously it all goes down the drain.
Finally with the site that got updated, maybe a windows new mail sound?

For the dark god called dark, well I'll let you use your  imagination big_smile.
Actually I'll probably regret this, but if you wanted to redo the story with me actually voicing it, just let me know what sort of chunks you want it reading in and I'll get my digital recorder and give that a go, (it isn't like I don't know the script).

@Sterlock, yep, wonder what has happened to the front page?  I will sheck it with Sander.

2016-04-21 15:06:28

@dark: could you perhaps just voice the whole story and upload it here for budding sound designers to have a crack at?
I might create a second version if I can find the time but not yet.

2016-04-21 15:20:37

Lol. Aaron, never thaught that this could happen. but here it goes.

2016-04-21 16:37:50

@Socheat are you going to try to make your own?

2016-04-22 14:36:25 (edited by Socheat 2016-04-22 14:37:00)

Nope. Just listen to yours. and it is awesome.

2016-04-23 13:08:42

Aaron and Dark,
Both of you are amazing!
Aaron did you save all the sound effects without the synthesized voice so you could add Dark's voice?
I do have dinosaur  walking sounds that I could send you if you want.
They are from the Lost World CD.
Good work
Phil

2016-04-23 21:03:08

Please send me some dinosaur sounds. I unfortunately don't have a sound effect only version but that just means I  can improve upon with Dark's voice if he creates a file, I might be able to add some more audio elements.
What would be the best way for you to send me these sounds?

2016-04-24 01:55:27

Aaron,
They are small enough that I could attach them to an email message.
Just send me a message,
[email protected]
And I will attach it in .wav format.

2016-04-25 22:09:28

I know this was all just a joke, but I'd actually like to try my hand at a kind of remix of this hole story using the elements that everyone has used so far.
I might use a differnt synth or if dark doesn't mind, his naration.
I just want to see if I can do it better, and this joke thing is just the kind of thing a budding sound designer needs to practice with.
If people want to send me the sounds and music please post here and we'll se about how these sounds can be gotten to me.
No, I don't need the entirety of the songs, just what was used.
I know one song is the jurasic park theme, but sadly, I don't have the soundtrack to that movie.
I have a few free amazon mp3 credits laying around, so I could probably get that just fine.
I recognized the first song from a trailer I saw a few years back, but that's about it.
Later!

2016-04-26 12:58:59

Entombinator
E-mail me at [email protected] and I will send you some T-rex sounds.

2016-04-26 15:30:32

@Aaron: just wondering, dude. what synthesizer are you using through this story?

2016-04-26 18:34:15

This is the toshiba tts.
I don't think Dark's made a narration yet, I haven't seen one yet anyway.
As for music, it could be interesting if you can come up with some stuff, but if not then I'll let you know the ones that I used, if you end up struggling.
I'd love to see the result of this.
The tts is ok but at points it was kind of quiet I forgot to check volumes of the files I was using. The good thign is the story is here in the first post, but if you wish, I can also upload the version with toshiba tts.

2016-04-27 13:29:19 (edited by Phil 2016-04-28 00:16:52)

Aaron,
I didn't get a message from you about the T-rex sounds so it looks like I'm gonna have to do an audio myself.
I mixed a synthesized voice with background music. Now all I need to do is add sound effects.
Here is the link:
http://www.pcs-games.net/bob.mp3

2016-04-29 00:26:00

lol

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-04-29 21:29:36

lol

@Phil wow that sounds cool. How do you create this?

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2016-04-29 21:31:35

Hi,
@phil Oh my goodness I saw your email and completely forgot to reply!
However, this was a really nice surprise and your version had me laughing my head off as well.

2016-04-29 23:30:49

The Coll Gamer,
I used Gold Wave sound editor to mix the sounds, music mp3 and Text Aloud to generate the words that Dark wrote using the Mike voice.
Aaron,
Thanks. I was inspired by yours but I wanted it to sound different too. I like the way you stopped the voice to let the sound effects stand out.
Now if we could get Dark to record his voice, it would make both much better.
How about it Dark?
Maybe the forum should have an audio drama category.