2016-07-16 22:15:12

Seems like the server is down, wonder if Aprone is updating?

out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

2016-07-16 23:00:01

I think no. one player can connect to Castaways. it is happy human hehehe.

2016-07-18 08:17:07

I just started playing the second cast aways and I can play in single player mode.  I can log on to the multi player server, but no tasks show up when I start a multi game.  Is there some way for me to fix this or am I the only one having this problem?

2016-07-20 10:46:35

hey Aprone, what is with Castaways? I cant connect again.

2016-07-20 20:14:01

I also think it's odd that you can't use the wood you chop from olive and apple trees as lumber. I had an awesome settlement going, but had to stop because I had no more lumber, and I really needed to mine some more stuff or build something to keep the game interesting. I'm thinking of starting a new single player game, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm sure when the new update comes out, I'll be glued to my computer the way I was when it came out originally, lol.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-07-24 00:24:58

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes you can't mine something even if everything is in place? I have iron ore and it says I have everything yet I can't mine it.
Thanks for anyone who responds.

2016-07-25 04:29:16

back when I had an addiction to the game, this was a bug, use to happen to me, just try restarting

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-07-25 17:57:41

I did try restarting that same game but it wouldn't let me mine the iron. It let me do the coal. I am anxiously awaiting the updates. I hope that there are quests in the single player game. I really like the quests in the MP game and would still be playing it if I could set a no-thief flag.
A

2016-07-26 03:34:07

Yep, quests in single player would be sweet.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-08-08 14:50:08

I'm just wondering, just a ballpark really, when we can see what's up with Castaways II. Granted I am getting more things done cause I'm not glued to the game at the moment, but I would love to create one of the big cities with a castle and quests and all of it. Should you need any help with any of it, I gladly offer my time and creative skills.
A

2016-08-08 16:29:39

I will help you, come.

2016-08-08 18:47:33

it would be really nice if you don't have to create a pickax when you start a mine, because i'm surrounded by stone and no dirty tiles and i cant mine stone with my hammers, and i'm broke and i don't have iron ore. being out of money is ok if i have some dirt to work upon, but i don't! i need stupid pickax. also it would be nice of trees will grow back over time, i mean come on, isn't that what  they do?

2016-08-08 20:27:54

I think it would be great if we could plant trees to grow back, have names for our folks like in the first Castaways, have a no pvp flag or a way to battle those who rob you, and paint our houses. LOL Quests for single mode and those mutlitplayer perks for single mode as well.
This is truly a unique and creative game and even though it started as a race to create the most each week it is so much more than that sort of game. It is being able to build towns and cities and productive communities.
I just love it.
A

2016-08-08 21:03:06

reset is only first day of month and I wish one extra tree heh.

2016-08-09 03:31:20

I'm probably repeating myself for the 117th time lol, but to me, this game was never about competition. It was always about strategically building stuff, divvying up food among workers, saving up resources, and so on. I have zero interest in the leaderboards or any of that. It actually seems as though I'm not alone in this view anymore, which is pretty cool.

I think it would be great if we could get seeds to replant trees. Sure, it should take a long time for them to regrow, just as they would in real life, but it would be great for single player, especially if that's a change that comes first before being able to expand your plots of land.

2016-08-09 09:52:37

My favorite part has always been the building stuff and laying out the town and that sort of thing. It would be cool if we could loot places that weren't player owned, like another village/town and then they could send people to attack us, or visaversa. So we do retaliate and do get attacked and maybe robbed but it is not other players and there is a way to either not do it or a way to retaliate instead of a mystery thief making off with something that took two weeks to make and no way of doing anything about it. Maybe if you send out a knight that flips on your flag, sort of throws down the gontlet, as they say.
This is the best computer game I've ever played!
I want to make a universe. LOL
Well I am, but iut mine is in coffeemud. I want to make one using this engine.
It would be cool if it didn't get reset or you could push the reset button yourself.
Thanks for everything,

Best ever,
A

2016-08-09 10:16:08

I agree about Castaways 2 being in need of some major changes.  I have other projects on my plate at the moment, but I eventually want to go back to this game and completely overhaul it from the ground up.  When I do that, I will likely be shooting for something that feels more like the original Castaways but with a ton of new stuff.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-08-10 00:13:03

other projects? as in new games? because your games were never easy to win, at least not for me. i'm poor at strategy.
also someone said something about having option not to pk, i totaly agree with that. i don't really like that type of pk, pk where you fight face to face? sure, this kind? no. i'm not trying to say it should be removed, i'm saying that you should have an option or a flag not to pk, it still won't mean that you will not lose your stuff, perhaps a cart will brake on the way back or from your village, or your net will brake and fish will ascape, or a thief manages to steal some of the supplies from you, there could be many more stuff like that.

2016-08-10 09:04:42

today you can build castle, come to castaways.

2016-08-10 21:16:19

I'd love to come back to castaways but I get so frustrated about the pvp stuff that it makes it not fun for me. So I choose not to log in until that part is fixed if it is.
I would love some of the bugs fixed on the single mode one though like making a new plot or being unable to mine certain things even if yo have the stuf for it.
All and all a brilliant piece of code and I hope we dont' have to wait tooooo long!
a

2016-08-10 21:32:40

i don't think there are a lot of pvp going on right now.

2016-08-15 21:51:27

come to castaways, I am alone. its easy to get first place on board.

2016-08-16 17:03:49

well not as easy as it seems, but i'd like to say something. first of all, jobs on building stuff takes way, way too long IMO, i manage to fall asleep while my house was building. also aprone check your code please, i'm not sure if you did it on perpress or not. all i'm saying.

2016-08-21 14:02:52

I need help with food or Aprone stop this game, I cant play without players.

2016-09-06 16:20:16

@Aprone, I just checked this topic since I was wondering where development was.
to be honest though, I wouldn't say the game needs overhauling so much as direction. The system currently works very well, I particularly love the mining, tasks and the amount of buildables, also the farms with actual growing cycles are great, it just needs a little direction as regards the single player mode and what can be built, a little more personality in terms of workers ala the original castaways with names and pregnancies and some degree of personality, and some direction in terms of over all goals and stuff to make.

ACtually i thought in a lot of ways Castaways 2 had the real potential to be a much larger game than the original, with it's system of tasks and multiple colony plots not to mention iron, and more articles could be added to make it even more complex and a larger game, it's just the worker management, times and goals that need a little tweaking.

So, please don't throw the baby out with the bath water on this one.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)