2016-09-06 18:14:12

Pvp mode is a real pain as there's no way to avoid it, and defences like guard towers don't seem to work.  I really think tasks need to be shortened, and tools like stone hammers need to brake less.  Also the market should have more things at cheaper prices, either that or we start out with more coins.  It would be nice if we could get an update, at least it'd let us know Aprone hasn't forgotten or given up completely on castaways 2.

out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

2016-09-06 20:43:59

I do agree with those things and Ihaven't loged into the game for ages because I don't want to play the pvp. I have an account and I logged in once to play that new little game and I realize that logging infor that five minutes probably wasted a whole month of my account year, which certainly does blow.
I look on this thread at least five times a week to see if there is any news on the game. It is why I got an account in the first place soI could play it. The bugs in the single mode make it hard to keep playing it since there is only so far you can go.
I hope he has time to work on the game because I love it.
I will wait to log in now until I hear of an update to this game.
Thanks for all your hard work!
A

2016-09-07 01:54:59

I completely agree with the last two posts, particularly about the online market. This is one huge reason I prefer offline mode, because it's fairly easy to get all the money you'll ever need, and then some, to buy a whole bunch of crops and what not to keep your citizens happy.

I don't like the trading aspect as it stands, because it allows people who have the top spots to charge as much as they want for items, while the rest of us lowly peasants have to struggle for everything we have. On the other hand, it's pretty cool that we at least get some kind of crop, whether that's potatoes, barley, or whatever, to start our plots of land off with on the online version. You don't get that in the offline game as it is now.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-09-07 08:46:58

I personally would be rather more interested in the single player game than the online one too, at least to the extent that online always comes with pvp, though on the economic angle once some of said lowly peasants have sorted their production they should theoretically be able to drive prices down.

My main concern currently is that if your not on the online game, what is the direction of the game over all? I love the idea of tasks to perform as goals in the game like the castaways missions, and of being able to expand to the point of a hole huge empire, but the business of league tables and scoring more just isn't my thing, ---- although obviously there are people who enjoy it.

I will say one thing I really do miss in Castaways 2 are the worker personalities. People who got pregnant, had jobs and real lives and such, indeed I was hoping that this aspect of things would be expanded somehwat in Castaways 2 rather than the workers just being reduced to effectively units of how many tasks can get done at a time.

I'd actually love to see the workers be a little more like the ones in Pawprints, people with names and at least one like and one dislike which affect their happiness.

So for example "Jane, likes farming, dislikes mining", or "jo, likes fishing, dislikes wood chopping"

If a worker is happy, she/he does their job more efficiently, however if a worker is unhappy, the job gets done more slowly and if a worker gets too unhappy she/he will leave and go and find a job somewhere else (likely taking some resources with them).
(this also prompts the creation of items to increase happiness such as nice foods, decrative items, clothes to ware etc).

If two workers (probably though not necessarily of opposite gender), are happy, they will go off and create a child. The child will have the same likes and dislikes as their parents.

Once a chapple is built, people instead of getting randomly pregnant could get married. When two workers are married, firstly they're more likely to produce children, and secondly they can be assigned to jobs as a family. The family works basically like a huge worker with a like and a dislike that can get jobs done more efficiently, for example "the Jane family likes farming, dislikes building"
This makes it possible to create tasks with larger efficiency requirements, by having the option to use workers in families as well as individually, ---- after all it makes sence that parents pass on their skills to their children.

This could mean the game then could expand to producing much larger things, for example just one stone mason probably couldn't build a huge castle, but a family working together might, thus opening up much larger build opportunities, eg, plantations instead of fields to produce more food and seeds, fishing fleets instead of fishing boats, coal refigneries instead of smelteries to produce more coal and smelted metal etc.

Plus I have to say, I love the idea of watching my population stay happy and seeing what people like and don't like to do, declaring hollidays when everyone has cake and the like and seeing them expand and grow and thrive, not to mention Hapiness as a stat has some really fun possibilities once things like disasters are added back into the game, or even seasonal weather (maybe everyone gets more depressed in the winter?), :d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-07 15:34:53

Hi.
I'm not fan of PVP, so I'm not that much up for the online gameplay in this game... I hope the game will change in the future so you play online to help the other players by fighting against the enemies which the server send out, and not against the other players.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-09-08 12:07:29

hi.

loving this. I think more people should play. but is there a more detailed manual somewhere apart from the readme?

2016-09-09 13:54:27

It is addictive! I want to make a whole city with a castle and build an army and make apple pie and steam veggies!
They are working on a guide but for now you just have other players and the read me. If you ask here though someone will answer.

2016-09-10 23:49:24

how comes there isn't more players playing?

also can you transfer knites between plots of land?

2016-09-11 04:41:26

you can transfer knights, but it is long job.

2016-09-12 18:11:28

1 thing that's needed is the ability to plant trees. wood is not easy to come by.

2016-09-12 19:46:25

exactly, lumber are very important and rare.

2016-09-15 17:24:06

Hi, I keep coming back here every day to see if there is any news on this fabulous game.
So, any idea, oh master of games, when we might see something happening here?
I understand it is a huge project, not rushing you but every day I come here and so if I might as well not, say, until November or something, can you tell us! Maybe hint about when it might have some sort of update?
Even if it is, )the best), changing the PVP on the server?

Laying flowers at your feet,
A

2016-09-17 01:27:56

so it seems room is missing the m in the perks list and you can select a face people want to punch as A fault on single player mode

2016-09-24 18:03:41

Wassup peeps!
Is there a way to make it so that when you cut an apple tree down that has no apples, it just becomes logs? I like the idea of an apple tree with apples becoming fire wood, keep that. Just make it so that when you have no apples it can become just plan old logs. Thanks in advance. Hope this isn't asking too much.

GF

2016-09-26 03:28:57

I agree with that, although I think I know why that isn't a thing. It would be far too easy to plant a whole bunch of apple trees, particularly in single player mode, and get an unlimited supply of logs. Don't get me wrong, I really wish that could happen, but I doubt it will, because it would take some of the challenge out of the game. There is the fact that it's kind of unrealistic that you can't chop down an apple tree at will, though.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2016-09-26 12:26:48

yes but you can have an unlimited amount of firewood because of chopping down apple trees and it's easy to plant them.

2016-10-17 17:18:44

Hi castaway fans,
It has been a long time since we had any info on the game and so I was wondering if there might be an update coming. It doesn't have to be a rehaul, just a few bug fixes on the single player so we can keep playing it while we wait for the update on the multiplayer. Or, maybe just disable PVP on the multi, for those who want it?
I miss this game!!!
My favorite of all.
A

2016-10-19 11:39:25

yes I'd love to see this game expanded, more buildings more technology and maybe a persistent version that never resets. if we can have factories why not cannons seaports docks and other such things? warships? oh and better sound affects for building things etc.

2016-10-21 05:53:31

Damn you guys. When I saw the topic had made a comeback, I thought there would be news. Lol.

2016-10-21 13:02:30

well keep it on the first page then aprone can know the game still has attention.

2016-10-21 21:27:03

Well, I do have to admit I wanted it back on the first page again too so he knows  we still care and are still looking forward to his brilliant creation!
A

2016-10-22 01:34:02

True, if we bump it enough times maybe we'll see some updates.

2016-10-22 06:09:20

Moderation!

I'm afraid simply replying to a topic for the sake of replying without saying anything is getting dangerously close to spamming the forum, so can I ask people please not to do that, as it just creates a lot of filler for people reading the topic or who have genuine questions about the game. I would like updates to Castaways 2 as much as anyone, but filling the forum with "here's another post" type of messages isn't the way to go about showing your interest.

Aprone is a very clever chap, firstly he'll definitely gather that a topic (and a secondary topic at that), about a game with over 240 replies definitely shows people's interest, and there are plenty of threads on the forum, many contributed to by you and me and others here where people have expressed their desires for a game like Castaways 2. I would also guess he's got this topic bookmarked somewhere (as he does topics for all of his games on his website), in which case he probably won't see where it falls in the new releases room anyhow.

If there are no updates in a few months maybe a polite email might be advised, but I'm afraid this just creates clutter.

Plus, Aprone hasn't been around for a while lately, which makes me wonder if he's actually rather busy with some crysis of his own, in which case it won't matter where on the forum this topic is either.

Of course, if anyone has some genuine thoughts about Castaways 2, feel free to share them, but if not please do not clutter up the boards with posts that do not contribute.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-11-17 20:13:11

So I downloaded the patch but have no idea how to put it in? I am thinking it might solve a couple of the bugs.
Anyone have an idea how to put the patch in?
Thanks,
A

2016-11-17 22:44:19

what patch? how did you hear about this? when was it released?