2007-12-12 07:24:45

Just a question for anyone who knows... this isn't for me, it's for a friend of mine. If someone was to download a game for the original play station console and it was an iso file, can someone enlighten me on how to burn it to make it playable? I know enough to know that pasting it into the drive and then getting it to write to CD isn't going to work. Anyone who can enlighten me will be thanked immensely. Thanks in advance.

Discord: clemchowder633

2007-12-12 09:30:44

Hi assault_freak.

You can easyly open the .iso file with Nero and the files in the .iso file will automaticly be placed in the burner-program. If you don't have Nero, you can extract the .iso file using Winrar, and just burn the files on a cd. It's importand you remember to choose "data cd" in your burner-program before you burn it.
Make sure there is a chip in your friends playstation.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-12-12 10:36:56

Hmmm, perhaps this topic should've been posted into the Ot room.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-12-12 18:00:50 (edited by assault_freak 2007-12-12 18:06:38)

Perhaps, dark. But I was in a rush. The only problem I've run across is now I've burned it successfully using Nero, and I have a chip in my ps2. But it still can't read the game disc... so I don't know what the problem could be. I'm just trying to make sure this game works before I give it to him. But for some reason it isn't working on my ps2, so...

2007-12-12 20:51:44

Doesn't really take any longer to move one heading along.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-12-13 01:04:52

Some games are protected so you can't play them from a burned disc.
How did you burned the game? Did you opened the .iso file in Nero and clicked burn?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-12-13 01:10:13

Hi asalt_freak,
Could you possibly upload those to my ftp server those games that you have?
ftp.tristanlive.podzone.net
username: uploads
no password
thank you!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-12-13 01:47:03

Yes, I did open that in Nero and hit burn. I would think my ps2 would recognize it. If anyone else has tried to burn Marvel Super heroes VS. Street fighter, let me know. I want tosolve this mystery, because it's a real good game, that one. I'm still not sure what the problem is.

2007-12-13 02:10:59

A small update. For some reason, it works on my psx. But my psx is old, and is generally none-usable. So I want to play it on my ps2... but for some reason, though it works on my ps1, it doesn't work on the ps2, which can play burnt games. All the system can apparently read are the two memory cards.

2007-12-13 02:31:26

I would just like to add that asking assault freak to upload the files is illegal, even if he had legitimate reasons for having them to begin with.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-12-13 06:31:06

Aye, and I wouldn't upload them anyway. I just had the original game and lost it, and want to play it again. My friend is the one who technically wanted it burned, but I made two copies just so I could play it as well. For anyone who hasn't tried that game.. it's old, but it's a good one.

2007-12-13 19:29:22

I was only talking about the request to upload it, I wasn't about to accuse you of anything Assault Freak.

cx2
-----