2016-03-16 22:42:19

Hi there...

Can you record a mic to a voice chat.
I know how you would send it. But how would you get the users microphone recorded.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2016-04-20 09:23:36

hi.
well, that's what i'm trying  to see aswell. i'm interested on this, but no one helps with this. i mean, no one wants to  help with this. it is implemented  on some games in bgt,  but when i asked for tat i didn't receive anything.

2016-04-20 09:46:48

It's not in BGT. You have to use DLL's and the WinAPI and stuff. It's not a couple lines of code or anything. Then you need an ogg encoder such as oggenc2 or else transmitted data would be huge.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-04-20 15:50:30

Yes. I knew it wasn't just 2-5 lines of code.
btw. What dll can i use to record a users mic???

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2016-04-21 02:46:57

Does winmm do recording? I can never seem to find any decent/useful documentation for how to use winmm.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-04-21 13:39:39

Win32 does handle recording yeah. It's built in. There are different win APIs that can handle it, depending on whether you wanna use DirectX or something lower level... I don't even know if BGT can work with DX.

This result I found from Google might help. You just have to make those calls using BGT and it should come good, as Sam said though you might have to encode it for transfer across the wire though.

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/592269-rec … ly-win32c/

Does BGT support the concept of reusable libraries/packages? ala NuGet? A package like this might come in handy.

2016-04-22 21:10:47

well, yes. i heard something about winm.dll. but my question is how can i see the the functions inside the dll? because as i heard you can't see them in the dll.

2016-04-25 04:49:32

Function lists are easy enough to find; finding those which will work with BGT, and explanations for how to use them, is another matter entirely.
This might be somewhere to start:
http://xpdll.nirsoft.net/dsound_dll.html
Or possibly this (c++):
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar … 85%29.aspx

Looking around, it seems like there isn't really anything all that high-level available.
Maybe try FMOD?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-04-26 13:56:42

yes, it's been done recording with winmm. It's not very practicle though. search on google for winmm.dll MSI_SEND-STRING simple recording and you should probably find stuff. This function works with BGT. I've scene it not work though on ocasion, but it does most of the time.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2017-05-22 00:34:24

I also wanted to be able to add some way to be able to record audio in my bgt codes.
I know that sox, which is a command line program, can record audio, but maybe it is better to use some dll itself.
The problem is that, from what I've been noticing, if doing it with Wimm.dll will be a bit trickier because it requires you to call other functions and pass andlers.
Searching the net I found a library called BASS Stream Recorder. I'm trying to understand the documentation to be able to try something with bgt, but I still have not had much success when working with dll's, because it's a little advanced area for me and it's usually common for more experienced programmers ...
Regards

2017-05-22 11:44:31

I found out that even if you could record the audio it would be to big for the bgt network object to handle.

2017-05-22 14:27:12

Exactly. Even making a conversion later, in general, the recordings would need to be very short. I've seen oggenc2.exe being used by some applications and games, but I find the conversion of it too slow already for 2, 3mb files.
The ideal would be to record directly to a format with compression, such as ogg or mp3.
There is even a command line utility called "mpg123", in which there is a parameter to play the output of an mp3 to wav. He does it very, very fast! In a matter of seconds you have a great mp3 file for wav ...

2017-05-24 03:53:40

Sam_Tupy wrote:

yes, it's been done recording with winmm. It's not very practicle though. search on google for winmm.dll MSI_SEND-STRING simple recording and you should probably find stuff. This function works with BGT. I've scene it not work though on ocasion, but it does most of the time.

Did you mean the "mciSendStringa" function of winmm.dll?
It seems to be a solution to use the MCI (media control interface) in bgt, which would allow to perform operations with multimedia, of the most diverse.
I've worked with it in an interpreted scripting language, where it was only necessary to pass the MCI commands. In case with the use of dll, that would be exactly
it.
MCI command examples:
Set cdaudio door open
PLAY CDAUDIO
Status CDAUDIO number of tracks

And here's more details on using the mciSendString function. As bgt works with unicode language the function would be mciSendStringa.
HTTPS://msdn.microsoft.com/pt-br/enl/ibrary/windows/desktop/dd757161(v=vs.85).aspx
greetings

2017-05-30 21:53:23

Howdy folks.
So there are a couple things here I want to clear up.
First, you shouldn't be looking for certain dlls, just look for the functions you need. In the MSDN site itself it'll say something like requirements: and then the dll. If you need to figure out how to get the correct structs and the like, check out pinvoke.net which is really useful for these things. This is going to be a lot of work and you need to compress the file down using ogg (don't save to a file, then encrypt, then read the file); simply pass the data through one of the OGG libraries. Easier still would be to just write your own code, compile that to dll and have it do all of this behind the scenes for you so you call a function or two and get everything you need.