2007-11-27 10:08:10 (edited by dark empathy 2007-11-27 10:10:21)

yes, the biggest, nastiest, and most recent patchment of phil Vlasak's fantastic Sarah game fulfill's all appropriate prophecies by apparating streight onto your harddrives.

As you might expect, Phil has cursed the bug population of this amazing harry potter 3D exploration and adventure game into oblivion, but also he gives us more new features that you can wave a death stick at.

The layout of the castle has been magically pushed into line, so that it as closely as possible resembles that given out by Jk herself, particularly in the matter of the hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms. We also have new creatures, new magic items, new spells, the chance to borrow Syrius black's favourite form of transportation, and even some new game features as well. Now, pressing O will activate Sarah's object detector which will tell you the distance and position of the various magical artifacts you come across. Also, objects no longer constantly speak out their names, but now give out noises instead.

then, Sarah has obviously been paying attention in her potions classes, sinse she's now got a potions kit, which you can examine in her inventory with the Xkey, to see just how many potions you have.

With all these great new features, it's more reason than ever to apparate over to Pcs games

Now, if that's it, I'll be off on my broom, ----- er what? Oh yes, I forgot more!

Well, for all gamebook fans, a regular monster of a book has just landed on the good old fighting fantasy project website. the diamond key pits you in the role of a sword for higher in a dry desert land, ---- but with bandits, monsters of all types, and a truly intreaguing combat system, lack of water is the least of your troubles. At more than 500 sections, this is a truly epic journey, even if you may die horribley a fair few times along the way. so, to start your quest, follow yon mighty link to the ff project site

Happy questing!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-12-03 18:24:12

it's amazing how many updates comes for sarah and the castle of witchcraft and wizardry.

Sometimes the best you can doo is to forget. Don't waste your time with what already has been done, because then you wil just break down in the end.

2007-12-04 14:39:49

Indeed, though I do see the logic of them.

the first couple were related to bug squashing, and adding some features that people wanted, such as a spell to mark your path with flaming Ex's (I know I wanted that one).

I do remember Phil saying something at the time the game was released about updating the Sarah game was released about updating it with any new information about hogwarts that turned up in Deathly hallows, though I believe chronologically the game stil takes place in summer of 1996, just before the start of Halfblood prince, sinse obviously dumbledor is stil around during the game, and there's no site of any of the really amazingly evil stuff that was going on in August and September of 1997.

Yes I am a fairly serious Hp fan.;D.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)