2016-02-01 21:24:41

Hello folks, as the name suggests, I wonder if there is a good program used to capture the audio of your computer, along with your voice to make gameplays more like a podcast. I used to use only my microphone to capture my voice and my gameplay, it it is more suceptile to external sounds and the quality tend to be not very good at all. So, any tips? I do not have stereo mix currently, as a side note.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-02-01 23:09:23

If you're recording software supports loopback, as in recording the sound of your speakers or headphones into audio, then use headphones, and going to the sound settings in the control panel, select your microphone, press properties on it, and go to   The listen tab, check the listings of this device check box, press reply, and you should hear yourself. It is a bit distracting, and it's a little hard to get used to at first, but this is what I use. If you don't have loopback, I don't know what you can do.
My computer apparently  has stereo mix on it, but every time I try to record with stereo mix settings on, it gives me errors. And I don't really know what the point of stereo mix was in the first place anyway, so that is why I use this.
Hope that helps.

2016-02-01 23:20:55

Haramir, am I right to assume you're using a PC? I believe AudioHijack could accomplish what you're talking about on a Mac, but I don't think it's available for PC.

2016-02-02 04:43:05

You are stuck.  Unless you have stereo mix or are willing to shell out money, there is no way to do what you want to do.  The least expensive options include programs like virtual audio cable or soundtap.  if you're interested in something a little more advantageous you'll opt to use an audio interface.  Otherwise, tinker around with Audacity until you find something that just, might work, since you have nothing else to lose.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-02-02 04:53:08

I'm just wondering how you get stereo mix working on a windows xp virtual machine under fusion, because it shows stereomix control under the volume control, but in the audio tab of sounds and multimedia, under the input devices, there is no stereomix, rec-playback, record what you hear, or anything like that.

2016-02-02 05:03:55

Stereo mix is a feature of your soundcard. I don't think the Mac sound device or the virtual Fusion sound device supports stereo mix. Why aren't there any free tools for Windows like VAC? Sound Flower for OS X is free and is awesome.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-02-02 10:57:18 (edited by afrim 2016-02-02 11:09:16)

Is audacity capable of doing it? And if yes, how to do that. I want at least to record the sounds that come out of speakers.

Cheers.

2016-02-02 19:27:33

1. go into audacity
2. press shift plus I
3. press enter on speakers
4. press shift plus o and choose speakers

5. now, go into the speakers panel and hit control tab until you here the listen tab
6. check the box which says listen to microphone
note: you must have headphones plugged In in order to not have feedback coming through your speakers
7. go into audacity and press control p for preferinces
down arrow until you here recording. tab to software playthrough, listen while recording or monitoring new track.
9 press r to record.
10. your all set!

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Pics or it didn’t happen

2016-02-02 20:20:28

use wave pad you can record unlimited  streams just select sterio miks in options  and press f 5 button to record

2016-02-02 21:31:37

Thanks for all the answers and suggestions guys. It will make things way easier for me. I'll leave the topic here in case you want to discuss further. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I can delet my own topics. tongue
Best regards, Haramir.

2016-02-03 03:21:30

I have a question, for those that use Station Playlist Studio. Is there a way to make it record/stream what you are doing, such as your speech and audio from anything else like a game?Aside from just recording/streaming your voice and the files that are played through SPL.

2016-02-03 05:36:25

No, that can only be achieved if you had your speech and everything else running through SPL. Like, if everything was running off of stereo mix. If not, SPL can only record whatever you have your input set as.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2016-02-03 18:49:57

@Games master,
Thank you so much for that. I appreciate it

2016-02-03 19:12:14

Can I make SPL's input use stereo mix?

2016-02-03 19:27:40 (edited by Kong 2016-02-03 19:28:20)

Yes, you can make SPL use stereo mix as your input.
Assuming you already have your stereo mix set up correctly, all you would need to do is go to SPL's options by pressing CTRL,O. Go to the input button, and from there, you go to the mic tab. You will see your available microphones in the list. Just choose the one you want to use as your input. Just remember that because stereo mix will output everything, you will not be able to monitor yourself from SPL. To stop monitoring yourself, you must press, CTRL,Shift,U.
HTH

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2016-02-03 23:38:56

Actually, I have my microphone set to my Microsoft live chat LX 3000 headset. And my line in is using the stereo mix. That makes it so that I can talk and do things with the computer at the same time.

2016-02-04 04:24:33 (edited by defender 2016-02-04 04:28:23)

I did a bit of searching my self, and found a program that I've heard about Visually impaired people making use of before; it even includes information about screen readers on the product's page.
It's also cheaper than Soundtap or VAC, and simpler, since it focuses specifically on audio recording and not additional features such as editing, video capture, or network streaming.

It's called "Total Recorder Standard Edition" and it's only 18 dollars, which is pretty cool...  The Professional Addition has some extra features that you may find useful later, but aren't really necessary for what your thinking of doing; either way, you can upgrade later for a reduced price compared to just buying it outright, and there are payed and free add-ons that give you extra functionality, including internet streaming, the ability to use the O-G-G file format, and more.

I may even consider buying it my self at some point, since while I can already record through stereo mix using Goldwave, this would be faster and simpler to set up, plus it would take up less of my system's resources while in the background.

Here's the link.
http://www.totalrecorder.com/productfr_tr.htm

2016-02-04 15:03:41

Thanks alot for the suggestion Defender.
Best regards, Haramir.

2016-02-06 12:51:49

I'm currently using OBS for gameplay recordings. I've tried Total Recorder, but the problem was that my computer audio was softer than with OBS even at maximum volume configured. I'm not sure if that's due to TR or my sound card. This leads me to a conclusion that OBS is better for both mick and audio capturing (at least in my case), although it can record in video formats only. SoundTap, well, I've tried the last version, and It's horible. I heard that earlier versions were better.

2016-02-15 22:08:47

Soundflower? I've never heard of that one. Where can I get it, and how do I use it with VoiceOver?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-02-16 00:22:51

Do a google search, it's a system extention for mac. It's kind of like v a c, only with no feedback it seems. And it's free.

2016-02-19 18:12:54

I never understood sound flower, never could get it to work. lol

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-02-21 12:40:38

Ok, if there's no feedback, how do I hear the audio coming out of my mac? Do I need to use headphones or something?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-02-21 15:28:06

I don't think so. It acts as both an output and input.No, you don't.

2016-02-26 02:34:13

Hi,

If you use soundflower with the mac and no headphones, you will not hear your speech. You need headphones, as when I tried using it with no headphones, hello no sound, lol.