2017-02-06 06:46:48

looong time ago, I heard there is  something called   maisttro translate scrip on jaws or something like that, not sure where you could download it though. I am a NVDA user myself, so yeah, for the helpfiles for NVDA I think you could check it on the user guide that on the NVDA menu\help\user guide.

2017-02-06 12:27:55

well addons can be found either on jeffs nvda addon page or on the main nvda page you download the file then open it or just open it when you go to download it if you have problems with it being a zip try using a different browser like Firefox. which by the way is recommended for Nvda anyway. as for commands I remember it being a lot like jaws with insert being the nvda key like it is the jaws key.  though you can have it as caps lock if you want to its been a very long time sense I used jaws when you get in to it I'm sure you'll like it its so customizable and its free you can even have it sound like jaws. that is on jefs nvda page as for manual, if you google nvda manual loads of results will come up. the first one will be fine. I'm not sure this would be the right place for questions though if you message me, manage to find a general nvda post or create one, send me a link to it I will be glad to help out.

2017-02-26 18:49:31

I've had experience with this as well ...Good job on this one!

I'm at Latitude E6530, and Longitude S100-1525.

2017-02-26 19:59:56

I'm still sad I can't play brave of cloudia, no one ever figured what was wrong

2017-02-26 20:39:19

I'll have to look into that one. Have heard of it, but never played.

2017-02-26 22:10:23

what happend when you try to run BOC?

2017-02-26 23:53:37

I still need to attempt it, that's what I'm saying. LOL

2017-02-27 03:52:32 (edited by Valmorian 2017-02-27 03:53:07)

I could run it fine but at certain menu points, it would keep sayign this tool costs me money and it can only be used in japanese games, and would just log me out and not let me log in until a certain point

2017-02-28 03:11:04

What error message did you get?

2017-03-07 02:32:41

It's in my previous post it doesn't actually give a real error message just what I said above

2018-01-29 21:26:59

Thanks to some kind contributors, I am releasing JGT version 2.0.
This version resets the English translation cache in order to take advantage of Google Translate's neural machine translation.
Google touts that: Using a human side-by-side evaluation on a set of isolated simple sentences, it reduces translation errors by an average of 60% compared to Google's phrase-based production system.
I have noticed an improvement myself when playing ShadowRine.
JGT 2.0 also adds Spanish and French as supported target languages.
Unfortunately Google currently only supports neural machine translation between English and other languages, so the other target languages use the phrase based machine translation.
When Google adds neural machine translation support between Japanese and non English languages, I will reset those language caches to take advantage of the improved translations.
I also fixed the old issue where Google Translate would sometimes mess up the number substitutions I used under the hood, which caused numbers and dates to sometimes be lost in translation.
Please uninstall the old JGT addon before installing the new one.

Thanks again to the people who signed up as monthly contributors!
If you'd like to see more target languages supported in JGT, or would just like to contribute to my ongoing efforts to improve the quality and quantity of games available to the blind, please consider signing up as a contributor at https://BlindGamers.com.

You can download the latest version of the addon here, and read the user guide here.
Remember that you need to enable the auto translate feature by pressing NVDA control shift Y.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2018-01-29 22:57:10

Hi ijan.
Thanks for the update, it is nice to see you still alive as a developer.
I hope that will see more productions from you.

2018-01-29 23:49:14

Love it, thank you!

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-01-30 10:12:40

that's really awesome to hear, I wish you could implement the same neural translation system in A Hero's Call (not sure if it's already implemented): that will make it easier for foreigners to understand the game better, and as I heard, Google supports 99 pairs of languages in its neural translation service so many of the languages won't be a problem.
Regards and thank you for all the enjoyment you've brought to the blind gamers' community.

2018-01-30 15:42:09

Thank you so much; I just installed it on my new machine.  I have a question though. 
I'm trying to translate the text game readme files to see if there is anything interesting which I might not know about, but I've tried in google translate, and I still get jibberish.  Any ideas on how to make this work?  Bet I'm missing something obvious.

2018-01-30 18:14:46

Hi,
The google translate brings up two different boxes, one of them with the jap in and one with the English. You have to also make sure you are using a Japanese notepad with something like ApLocale.

2018-01-30 18:20:23

@Riad, I am already using the same neural machine translation in A Hero's Call.
It certainly isn't perfect, but Google thinks it is definitely an improvement over their older phrase based machine translation.
I think it does a good job giving people the gist of what is being said.
One of the more problematic places in A Hero's Call is the poetry / nursery rhyme stuff, but not much can be done about it.

@dan_c, I've had trouble with that as well.
I feel like the character encoding is getting lost either when I open the user manual in a text editor, or during the copy and paste into google translate.
One fix I just found is to put the files on my web server, then tell Google to translate the URL instead.
Here is the ShadowRine user manual:
https://translate.google.com/translate? … mp;act=url
And here is the Alternative Magic user manual:
https://translate.google.com/translate? … mp;act=url
I think I'll start putting all the user manuals on my server and providing these google translate links so people can easily translate them.
Is there a specific user manual you wanted translated?

@aaron, ah, thanks for the tip.
I think I'll still try to provide links to translated versions of the user manuals, since they probably don't change much these days anyway.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.

2018-01-30 23:26:29

thanks Ian, that would be super helpful.  I'm currently playing dungeon quest dx and the ground war series would be great to have, as it's quite complex.  plus I noticed a huge difficulty spike after the first town. tongue  Dungeon quest naturally, is quite self explanetory. 
I'm definitely noticing a nice improvement in translation.  started reading these; it's amazing how straight forward to read they are.  smile

2018-01-30 23:43:59

Hi,
I also think having links to the manuals would be great.

2018-01-30 23:57:34

I've added links to 12 of the translated user manuals to the top of the JGT user manual.

@dan_c, I'm really glad to hear you feel the neural machine translations are an improvement.
I felt they were as well, but sometimes the new system translates names of things differently, which threw me a bit.
I still think it is a definite improvement overall.

~ Ian Reed

2018-02-03 17:09:26

I've replayed ShadowRine with JGT 2.0, and really with new translation system, almost everything in the storyline just makes more sense.

2018-02-04 15:16:33

I am noticing that it takes less effort to work out sentence structure now. smile

2018-02-05 08:48:13

hello friends,
here is my stupid question:
how to uninstall previous version of jgt from NVDA?

2018-02-05 17:43:29

@Farhad Ali Bhatti, press NVDA N to open the NVDA menu, navigate to tools, then manage addons.
Then highlight the Japanese games translator addon in the list, then tab to the remove button and press it.

~ Ian Reed

2018-02-05 21:25:25

thank you sir, really i don't know about it, thanks so  much!