2007-11-21 21:25:07

Hi.
Check out www.freerice.com
It is a vocabulary game but a bit different than other games. Every time you find a right answer you give 10 granes of rice to hungry people. 10 granes might sound very little but when a lot of people keep playing this ammount could be a lot.
And if you don't know the answer just guess one of the 4 possible answers. You might get it right. If you answer correctly a few times the level goes higher but if you answer wrong the oposite happens. The game is very accessible so check it out.
Nikos

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.

2007-11-22 03:17:50

Um...pardon me, but I don't see a way to actually play the game.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-11-22 14:13:36

You start playing from the homepage. First there are some links explaining about the project and then it says for example lazy means and then there are four options for this word and you click on the one you think is correct. Then you will find out if you answered correctly or not.

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.

2007-11-22 15:30:33

and again I say: I don't see how it's accessible, unless of course the words are graphical...because I don't see any links to click in order to play the game.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2007-11-22 16:59:47

I don't know. I use it with supernova myself which is not as good as jaws so i would expect it to work very well with jaws. Unless if you use something else. I also checked the address i typed above and it's correct but here it is again. www.freerice.com

2007-11-22 19:40:15

jade,
what nico means is that you don't click a link to play, the game is right there on the homepage, look at the whole page.

2007-11-23 01:22:47

When you say supernova I assume you mean the screen reading part? Supernova is a combined screen reader and magnifier, things that work with the magnification may not work with a reader.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-11-23 09:51:36

Yes i use the screen reader part of it only as i don't have any sight.

2007-12-08 10:18:19

supernova is virtually the same as hal if you're totally blind and can't see the screen magnifier, which is only the screen reading part, except that maybe hal does not have braille... not sure.