2016-01-24 15:55:59

Hello everyone,
I need the help of you who still use jaws. I need to start jaws automatically after having unloeded (turned it off).
Is there any keyboard shortcut? or can I modify one if I go to keyboard manager.
It would really help.
Cheers!

2016-01-24 19:04:47

Once JAWS is unloaded, it has to be started from the Desktop, Program Manager, etc. If the JAWS icon is on your desktop, find it, hit Alt+Enter, tab over to the Shortcut Key edit field and enter j then tab to OK and hit Enter. That will set the keyboard shortcut to restart JAWS to Ctrl+Alt+j. If that's not a good keystroke, use another letter.

Hope that helps.

2016-01-24 19:48:45

woah, Thank you so much for that, it worked gracefully!

2016-01-26 16:35:48

Yeah, that works for any program, just go to the properties and from there, set the shortcut key.

2016-01-27 11:21:43

you can also go to run by pressing windows + R and type jaws followed by the version number.

For example jaws15

2016-01-28 22:44:56

Because I changed it so long ago, I can't remember what it was, I believe that one of the JAWS shortcuts has a keyboard shortcut defined by default. It's some combination of control, shift, alternate, plus J.

To be reasonably certain that the JAWS shortcut won't conflict with other shortcuts, I changed it to control plus shift plus alternate plus J.

2016-02-01 15:10:22

Assuming your using windows you could just hit the windows key + either M or D to get to the desktop and then hit J and then enter.

2016-02-01 15:21:30

That only works if the JAWS icon is on the desktop and the first letter of this icon is j.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-02-01 18:51:46

Obviously, jaws is used on windows. But through this shortcut I use, (ctrl+alt+J), I can open jaws from everywhere. From a microsoft word document, from a media player and so on. That's why I wanted it.

2016-02-02 03:17:59

I have been known to set up other hotkeys to launch other programs that I would want access to in a pinch, but the windows seven taskbar thing has taken away part of the reason for quick hotkey for programs. I have FSReader is the second icon from the left on the taskbar and all I have to do is to press windows key plus 2 to bring it up. So, making sure that jaws is pinned to your task bar and that it is among the first ten icon on your task bar, I think you will find that there would be a keystroke created for you if you don't mind the keystroke including the number row and the windows key. LOL. Anyway, it does seem like the topic has sort of been answered, but I may be wrong. It wouldn't be the first nor the last. LOL.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-02-02 06:02:59

I didn't  know about the windows key plus numbers thing.

I just learnt something new.

I'm asuming it only works with the first 10 icons, why would you have that many anyway?

I think I have 2 currently.

I might add more in future, depending on what applications I use regularly

2016-02-02 08:41:02

@CW,
That'ts all fine!
I didn't know that hot key.
Thank you for the tip

2016-02-02 13:23:34

Yes, it only works with the first ten. I only pin stuff there that I know I use dayly if not more. Think like my browser, media player, email client, any office product I use, and my mud client. The icons on my desktop is almost second class, and my start menu don't get use quite as much.

DropBox Referral

2016-02-06 08:32:30

About the taskbar thingy, I have internet explorer on the second list, is there a way that I can drag IE to the first lists?

2016-02-06 16:28:16

That I am not to sure. The jaws drag and drop feature doesn't work in this case. I am really not to sure how best to do this except unpinning everything and pinning back in the order you want them. HTH.

DropBox Referral

2016-02-07 02:52:38

Thanks for that.