hey windows 10 PE is here. read the following carefully. may want to also dropbox this in case the links go away.
What is windows 10 pe and why was it needed to make when there was windows
The answer is simple.
1. Windows 7 was released back in the day when there was no usb 3.0
let alone 3.1 and no uefi systems.
So windows 7 pe would not boot on a uefi system.
For this we needed sighted help to install windows or disable uefi and
go back to legacy bios mode which was a waste of system feature and
did not provide some kind of security against rootkits.
2. Windows 10 pe is made so that it can be bootable on a uefi and
secure boot enabled systems also.
Of Corse you can boot a windows 10 pe on a non uefi system.
3. There is a misconception.
If you have windows 7 or windows 10 pe you can only install windows 10
or windows 7 no you can install windows as old as xp, note windows
older then xp are not tested for installation.
4. Ok now letâ€™s get a bit technical shall we?
The step 4 of this guide is for people who have a uefi system only.
People who donâ€™t have uefi system please donâ€™t do any steps in this
Now letâ€™s prepare our boot disk.
For that take any external hard disk or usb flash drive.
Note the hard drive will be cleaned to be converted to gpt.
So after the hard drive is connected to the computer open command
prompt as admin to do that.
1. Press windows and r keys.
2. Type cmd.exe
3. Hold right shift and press enter
Now in the command prompt type the following commands and press enter
Select disk x replace the number of the disk that diskpart shows you
in your previous command mostly on most systems internal disk is 0 and
external disk is 1
Make sure you selected the right disk number and then type clean
This will remove any partition table from the disk including volumes.
Then type convert gpt
Then type create partition primary.
Now all command prompt work is over.
So close the command prompt and open disk management for this do the
1. Press windows and r
2. Type control and press enter.
3. Find administration tools and press enter then find computer
management and press enter.
4. Now computer management mmc will open.
5. Go to storage and find disk management.
6. Press enter and then tab.
7. Now find some partition called the following: type basic, file system
8. Right click on it and format it.
9. Format the drive with ntfs file system.
Now open the windows 10 pe x86 or x64 exe files leave all options to
the defaults and then select your hard drive and start writing to it.
Once the iso is written to it start booting to it and start install
windows again on your own without sighted help.
5. ok now every1 uefi or non uefi read this.
The download link for the iso is
from this link you will get the following.
1. A exe file having windows 10 x64 image.
2. A exe file having windows 10 x86 image.
3. A exe file with windows 7 x64 image yes windows 7 pe is updated
with updates to new programs and addition of some more programs.
4. Updated version of windows 7 x86 pe.
Known issues of windows 10 pe.
1. For security net pe is not set to run at start up u have to run it
from win 10 pe desktop.
Network pe is a program which helps the pe to connect to the internet
as it loads and initialises network drivers.
2. On windows 10 64 bit pe even if the wireless card drivers are
detected the notifications area will show no wireless connections are
available to solve this do the following.
1. Open control panel
2. Open network and sharing centre.
3. Select setup a new connection.
4. And then manually connect to a wireless network.
5. Ethernet connection works fine.
If you have any questions or find any bugs you can contact me and I
will report them to Carlos.
If some Ethernet card or wireless card drivers are not found, we
require the following info.
1. Card manufacturer
2. Card model number.
Thanks for reading this long guide.