2016-01-16 12:15:45

@Crashmaster, I can't  jump the pit at all as I said. I  edge towards it on the gravel, sometimes I step quickly and fall in sinse it doesn't seem like exactly two steps, but however close I am I always jump, hear a land sound and plummet to my doom. This is the very first pit in the  autumn  terrace level, the first obstacle in the game.

I can only assume either I am doing something wrong, or the game is not playing correctly. I'm a little disappointed, the game sounded awesome and I enjoyed the first audio sequence, then again only the original Airic demo and the later kirtwolf demo worked properly for me.  If this is an xp issue, as I believe the airic one was, I wish it could be fixed sinse there are lots of people who are still using xp as microsoft did such a cruddy job with all the later windows versions interms of backwards compatibility and layout.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-01-16 12:42:13

Hello;

@dark; Walk towards the pit, when you hear the second crumbly rock sound press space and keep holding the right arrow. It will take a bit of getting used to but it can be done. Once you get the glide wings it's easier to jump over pits.

I'm gone for real :)

2016-01-16 13:00:11

hi
hmmm
where is last rune stone?
thanks

2016-01-16 16:28:06

i have problems with the rune stones too, can't find them. I searched all of the worlds but have found only one or two. any hints would be appreciated.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-01-16 18:30:20

Hello, here is the list of all the rune stone.

Spoiler Start

First Rune stone: at the end of the first realm.
Second: after jumping from the first spike pit in the second realm.
Third: After you defeat the boss, back to the last waterfall and press enter.
Fourth: press enter at the last river right before the boss.
Fifth: find along the way.
the final one: get after you exchange the gold.

2016-01-16 18:31:42

Hello, I wonder about the unicorn. How could she summon invincible spell? I see this in the manual.

2016-01-16 19:12:41

Hi.
Well unless I am being a complete ass I never got that event to generate.
I did try to record the game a few times but never managed it right.
I may try tomorrow when I know there will be no one in the house.
the first pit is tricky, you are really disadvantaged without rings.
Basically to get things all going you do the following
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
walk right and as soon as you hear the first crumble or second jump.
same with the second.
attack enemies with control.
Get flame pillars as close to you as you dare and jump.
At every cannnon or river hit enter and get everything.
Save points are at the beginning of your start realm and every major objective completed saves.

So since I suspect things may be better if I just get a stereo recording of the game here is the blow by blow walkthrough such as it is.
1.  first realm.
You start with first objective, hit enter and you will save.
go left to get a description of current objective.
go right till pit and jump, I recomend you are running when you do it at least this is how I got over but you need to be quick.
2 pits, then hit the enemies with control key you can keep moving while attacking.
2.  Run jump same is in first realm.
Watch out for the pillars.
if hit with maducer hit enter quickly and attack it can be a bit harder.
The other enemy is just a straight beat down.
you will get friends to talk to.
Also a note that if you hit springs you will spring and if there is anything to get you will get it.
Also while you can move while getting gold don't its easier to fall into pits while you get gold if you move.
Thats basically the level.
find the boss.
next use the 4 directional arrows left for the middle notes up and down for the higher and lowest notes.
Enter sequence and go right hit the boss continue till dead.
Now go left kill enemies.
Once you are at start enter teleport and go home.
go right kill enemies.
if you havn't got roon jump over pit at end and get it.
The ground at the other side of pit does not sound like gravel so step left once then glide to beat it.
Get the next objective from the king.
Realm 3.
Its the same as previous the only thing you will have to do is walk under the monys to hit and kill them.
watch out for the demon's wind attack however with that out the way its just a bash his face in type of deal.
The boss is easy, move right keep moving while attacking and hit that bridge, you can't avoid his attacks so keep hitting that bridge 5 times should kill it.
realm 4.
Same as others you do get cannons and springs well you will from realm I think 3 on and have to hit enter on them to get things and get sent flying all over the place.
The only thing mentioned is the boss.
hit space to avoid his attacks, and basically beat him up.
when told jump and glide left to avoid the gate you may have to walk a step or 2 then glide twice quickly.
Realm5, same as realm2 the only difference are ice walls you have to hit with control
remember to hit enter on those cannons you will have  to do it twice now.
Next the boss.
same as the first boss, harder note sequence.
Instead of attacking the boss you get to chuck ice down on him.
Also bears same as enemies in level2 the goblins are armoured, but easy to kill.
And thats basically the entire deal.
I was going to do a voice recording of this but I just don't have things set right for it and the keyboard is just a bit to noisy to record with it being a gaming board and all.

2016-01-16 19:40:33

Hello. How long is the game in hours? I ask that because I would to buy it.

2016-01-16 23:34:57

Thanks for the tips ambro. I discovered that when I was running I did jump over the pits which helped, but not when I was walking and only when I took a run and jumped the second I heard the crumbling stone, though i need to check the manual and sounds for enemies etc.

How long does the demo last? I met the unicorn, and spoke to someone else but then had gone right as far as it was possible to go, though I did seem to pick something up before the end of the stage, (was it a rune stone?). I assumed that if I needed to head back left to the start of the level, there would be some sort of indicator, though it's  also entirely possible that like kirtwolf, the demo just literally stops after the first objective, though that seemed a rather small play for just the demo if that is the case.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-01-17 01:07:06

The king does say to get the gliding wings and go back home. The demo lasts until you return home after the first boss fight.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2016-01-17 06:10:43

Hi all.
this is for dark but you can all enjoy it
https://www.dropbox.com/s/470flrkdxg55l … f.mp3?dl=1

Some notes on the file.
I am unsure if it will sound totally ok, I firstly recorded the games internal audio with stereo mix, then using goldwave put the volume to 150% then I removed all silence.
This makes the game recording sound a bit blaa in places but unfortunately there are lags when the game crashes and in fact it appeared I switched once to the end realm so an audioclip got messed.
The pit in level1 can be jumped but you have to concentrate.
Since I was tired today I missed it after a couple times but then got it.
This should show you what I did at any rate.
Note, if anyone wants me to do it again I will replace this with a raw recording tomorrow.
anyway have fun

2016-01-17 10:19:27

where can I exchange my gold?

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-01-17 18:56:52

I'm guessing that's not till the end of the game.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2016-01-17 20:20:18 (edited by crashmaster 2016-01-17 20:20:59)

Hi.
Yeah its the end where you exchange gold the gold and roons are only usefull at the end and you still keep them after its done the roons not the gold but hmmm.
I had the game where it crashed leaving me in the last realm, gona try the game and if it crashes like that try to complete it in the mangled realm which will probably make things go nuts just for the heck of it.
also the game should take 1.5 to 2 hours once you master it its a fun game

2016-01-17 23:32:30

I'm hoping to buy it sometime over the next few months if finances allow.

2016-01-18 21:11:18 (edited by jyro22 2016-01-18 21:20:22)

Hey, if your full game does not quit to the main menu once you have acquired the reward for all runestones at the end, and if your manual mentions invincibility regarding the unicorn, then here are two small updated files for you. (this update will not work on the demo) Simply drop the two files into your main game folder and replace the ones which were previously there. Thanks!

Griff Updated Files Link

Tip! You can jump straight up in the air to evade most enemy and boss attacks. With the exception of pattern sequence bosses.

New Game Plus!
Here's a fun mod you can try with Griff! If you want to start a new game with some of the abilities,
simply go to your game folder and open the file called conf_game in notepad. Go to the bottom. There are a number of lines
named after abilities such as gliding wings, gold gloves and jades scales. These each have a zero next to them.
Change the zero to a 1. Note that if you change gliding wings to 1, then you will also need to change player jump modes
listed right underneath it to say yep yep, instead of yep nope. Thanks!

2016-01-18 23:14:07 (edited by brad 2016-01-19 01:38:21)

Hello;

I have the game and think it's quite cool.

Here's a tip for everyone, if you can't be bothered to jump all the way back once you get to the end of the first level, let Griff fall off the ledge, you'll end up right at the beginning again.

Jyro, do you think you could add checkpoints in levels? Or would that make the game too easy?

One more thing. I get it, Griff is a griffin, a lion type creature, (so He'd have four paws,) but, I don't understand the fact that he seems to take two steps when I press the right arrow instead of one. Is this normal?

2016-01-19 01:06:11

thanks gyro
best regards.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-01-20 16:41:24

Hello;

I seem to have broken the game.

I've got the gloves back to the king, well no; I made it so that I had the gloves in the first place but I completed that stage and now I'm in a loop. I can't get out of that level since the game saves me there and all I get told is, something like explore the realms and report back to me.

Oh and one more thing,, why don't we have some kind of health packs?

This game seems a little buggy to me and I don't know if it should have been released as a full version.

I'm looking forward to the big game you have coming up but if you want my advice, I'd try working on one game at a time instead of having multiple projects going on at once.

2016-01-20 20:42:44

He claims not to have more than one project going on at once.

2016-06-10 08:48:31

To all who've patiently awaited a patch for this game, I have good news. The sudden punch and crashes are now fully removed and this game is now patched. If you have purchased Griff, you will be receiving an updated download via email within 24 hours!
The crashes have also been fully removed for Griff 2! If you have purchased Griff 2, you will also be receiving an updated download within the same amount of time. If you wish to purchase either of these games, you will receive an instant download of the updated version of the game.
Thank you!

Click here to purchase Griff!

Click here to purchase Griff 2!

2016-11-01 07:39:47

Where can I obtain the demo for both Griff 1 and Griff 2?
The send space download links no longer work.
Cheers.

2016-11-10 06:45:25

Yes, where can we get those.
I wan't those  to make a playthrough on: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNbcgG … tIOXrnjUqQ

I'm just a random blind guy who trys to learn to code.

2017-02-10 21:41:57

Hello and just to let you know that I went to try the demo of this, but the send-space thing says download error and file can't be found. Where can I get a demo of this before I decide to buy it?

2017-09-02 16:16:59

While doing some long needed house cleaning on my system, I ran across this demo that I apparently downloaded in Nevember 2015, then promptly forgot.

So for anyone still willing to do business with Breakerbox Games, I'm not, here is the playable demo of Griff.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/f5bcbf

Enjoy!