2016-01-13 12:22:30

Those are fun suggestions. Another one which would be interesting is like a velocity attack mode. I'm not sure how you would want to make the mode exactly, but the goal would be to get the highest velocity on the ball as possible, either a highest peak or just an average. So you could perhaps make it so you have one minute of time, and after this it would measure your average velocity over that one minute, or just the peak.
Also... 2517 points, finally beat the score again. Lets see for how long this time.

2016-01-13 14:47:22 (edited by nyanchan 2016-01-13 14:49:12)

Your suggestions sound very interesting, but I'm still not sure how I can include some of the features such as different ball types. The velocity attack is easy because all I have to do is just adding one menu option and having the game record speeds of the ball every frame. If I were to make different balls, some things would happen; one for sure is that 10 stages are not enough. It would be great if I could make some stages and levels like BK3, but it wouldn't be an easy work because the most important job for me is currently BK3 translation.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2016-01-13 22:41:28

Hi,
  I noticed this, is it a bug? Sometimes, I will have my pattle all the way on the ground, but when I hit the ball, (pressed x), it gets stuck under it somehow anyway.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2016-01-14 12:03:16

You can get the ball to be stuck not only below the paddle, but also to its side. The ball is probably bouncing off the paddle, then hitting one of the side walls, then bouncing back to the paddle and so on.

As for powerups, I would love to see them in the arcade mode. Most mainstream breakout games give you powerups inside blocks that appear randomly on the board on occasion, so all you have to do is break a powerup block with the ball to get it. Things you can usually get range from extra balls, different kinds (like the fireballs someone mentioned earlier), larger paddles and so on. Most of these powerups are timed. Another one I can think of that would be good for this game is a low gravity powerup, or one that would give you a second ball that would remain in play either for time limit or until it stops moving.
On iOS, blindfold breakout uses a shop system, where you can use your points to buy yourself different kinds of balls, but I'm not sure how well such a system would work in marina break because you're not really supposed to lose your ball. It might still have a use for possibly getting one-time use special paddle swings that could for example hit the ball with twice as much force as a normal swing would.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2016-01-14 12:36:51

you know? it is a cool game and i beet it , it is very coooool and yuki you are so awsem , continue the awsem work smile

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2016-01-14 15:44:17

Nods, the power-ups  would probably have to be on a completely different mode, so that the score attack scoreboard would still be an accurate metric for skill.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-01-14 16:17:26

Just tried blindfold breakout, and I like it so far. Haven't tried extra powerups though.

2016-01-14 19:14:13

I guess both could have their own scoreboard, I think velocity attack would be nice to have a scoreboard as well if it gets implemented. Not sure how easy it is to create more boards but it would definitely be fun. But I do agree that we need to keep a score attack without powerups too.

2016-01-15 12:30:44

hi yukio and all. I played the game and it's awesome, I'm addicted to it already hehe. a small question. is it possible to translate the game into an other language?

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-01-16 04:44:51

Unfortunately, it isn't supported. I'm separating each source code, so anyone who try translating the game will need to read the whole source and change any required strings written in it.

2016-01-17 10:58:45

1.03 is out. Enjoy the new modes!

2016-01-17 15:47:21

The new game modes are lots of fun. I somehow got a velocity peak of 150. I guess that's what repeatedly hitting bonus items can achieve, but its very random if you can manage it or not.
I'm not sure how doable this is, but could we have the different block sounds also in the attack modes? I'm guessing they sound different depending on the width and such, but I really like the wooden block sounds for example and it's a shame they can only be heard in the tutorial and the missions. Although admittedly playing level 10 and trying to get the best time possible is fun too, I think my best time is just under 4 minutes.
Hmm, I was going to suggest some other small thing, but I forgot. Perhaps I will remember some other time.

2016-01-17 16:10:13

Yeah, I should have made both of item / no item modes.

2016-01-19 01:25:40

Arjan, will you record yourself playing this? I can't seem to get scores above 1334, and my highest velocity on velocity attack was 22. I just am curious to see your strategy, kind of how you guys do it. I'm not asking for a narrated walkthrough or let's play, just a quick recording of a game would be fine.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2016-01-19 21:11:00

I could do that, but it wouldn't be of much help because you won't really be able to tell which keys I use.

2016-01-19 21:50:32

A lot of the reason for success in this game is experience. You just have to play it a lot so you can figure out the movement patterns of the ball, and what keys to use.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-01-19 22:16:24

Ah. Just you guys started getting the 18-2500 scores in the first two weeks of development it seems. So I was just wondering how you got there so fast.

2016-01-20 04:50:33

The practice mode is a good way to know when the game will let you hit the paddle for instance. Maybe some people are a bit off.

2016-01-20 11:18:26

Yep, that's how it is with me. I do ok, but a lot of the time I'm just that slight bit off.  Just takes practice.

2016-01-20 23:38:46

Another problem I have is the one mentioned earlier, --I've looked back on it again and discovered that it is in fact, not the ball getting stuck between the wall and pattle. Instead, the ball could be right over me, I slap the x key, and it gets stuck on something and then loses a lot of energy. Then I realize, I'm not really near a wall. I usually am doing quite well until this happens...

2016-01-31 14:28:02

Here's a recording of me playing a good round of score attack, and 3 ok but definitely not good rounds of time attack.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/603 … attack.ogg

2016-02-06 16:17:05

Version 1.04 is out.
2016/02/06 Version 1.04
Added : You can now toggle powerups in velocity attack. Note : In order not to screw up the ranking, results of velocity attack posted by the older versions are blocked by the score server.
Added : Pressing the S key while playing velocity or time attack speaks your current score.
Fixed : The game no longer counts false scores when the time is up while the bonus blocks are being generated.

2016-03-01 14:17:30

Hi yukionozawa, when will you release a update to the game?

2016-03-01 14:48:53

does it need updating? It seems everything is already there to me.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-03-22 15:54:51

Hi,
  I know this hasn't been worked on in a while, but here's my kind of late suggestion.
  I think it would be cool if there was a mode kind of like the scoring mode, but where the bricks got stronger by the level.