2016-01-02 06:18:13

This game is way way way too much fun.  I'd love to see the panning be slightly widened or possibly a slightly larger paddle. Granted, I am playing with a slight hearing loss, so that isn't helping much either.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2016-01-02 09:20:21

About the racket speed
I was told that some people want the racket to be able to move slightly faster, and more quick swings should be allowed. but it may make the game very easy in my opinion. I've spent quite a lot of time balancing the game, and I like the current difficulty. However, this is just my opinion, and if people have difficulty with it, I'll be able to make a difficulty selection or something like that.
The most important point in this game is to predict where the ball will come. Since the current grabity setting in missions is relatively low, and the elasticity of the ball is high, 2 or 3 mistakes won't make you lose the game.
About the paning
I understand the racket isn't so wide, and hitting the ball with it is hard. Especially, for those who have hearing loss. Maybe, I'll have to create some preferences menus to make the paning width adjustable.
Btw, I was sooooo surprised to see more than 500 scoreboard entries within only 2 days. Thank you everyone for playing the game and great suggestions!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2016-01-02 10:06:54 (edited by darth scorp 2016-01-02 10:07:40)

the game is great! i love it so much! it's realy cool to play)) and i would like to hear some heavy sounds while smashing bricks)) like glass breaking big_smile

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2016-01-02 10:42:43

I wouldn't change the paddle speed  or width, it seems great as it is. Love the game so far, which has basically taken over my New year's Day. Thanks for releasing it.

2016-01-02 10:51:49

It would be interesting to hear some opinions regarding to how the game could be improved for those who are having hearing loss.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-01-02 11:08:06 (edited by blaze 2016-01-02 11:14:19)

Very well said Ukio. The game is extremely well balanced. The racket swings slow to force players to time their swings rather than constantly mashing the swing buttons to get a hit. It would turn it into another button mashing experience, and one which I do not care to have. In my opinion, this game is so well done that people that are complaining about the way it works probably aren't trying hard enough, or maybe this type of game just isn't for them. Yes, there are a couple bugs to be fixed, and yes, it still could use additional modes or other things to do, but the fundamentals are all there, and they should stay right where they are.
I've been closely observing how the physics of this game work, and I have one little suggestion to add even more realism. Correct me if I'm wrong on this Ukio, but the speed of the ball and how high it is capable of going seem to be two entirely independent variables. the speed can drop all the way down to zero, but the ball is still flying way up there, just at a slower rate. A ball in real life is sure as hell not going to do that. On second thought, maybe you meant this to be a perk for the player for bouncing the ball off the racket, temperarily defying the laws of physics like that. My suggestion is that the racket should not allow the speed or the max height to decrease. Not realistic, but the alternative is to remove the perk entirely which would cause me to be hated by every one of you smile. I know I had another suggestion in mind, but seeing as it's 3:00 AM, I'm not surprised I forgot it. Don'[t forget about my recording guys. The link is in my last post.
Edit: Aah yes, one pretty important thing I forgot to mention. Since I created my last post and the recording, my high score has risen to 1289, surpassing everyone on the forum so far, at least for now. Needless to say, I'm pretty proud.

2016-01-02 12:06:26

I love the concept of a difficulty selection. I think it would make everyone happy.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2016-01-02 12:16:29

Hello,
I've been trying this game for a while now, and honestly, I hadn't been so addicted to a game for a few months. I'm more of an arcade-ish game person, and score attack mode is really something I had been looking for without even knowing for a few years. Indeed, the game is pretty hard, especially for people like me who have always been stuck to audiogames, where realistic physics never appeared before. My high score still doesn't surpass 700, but I'm working on it. I like gaming, but I am honestly not too good at it. big_smile
I do believe this engine has *A LOT* of potential for future improvements. Power-ups, special blocks or platforms and multiple balls are just a few of the things that would make this game even better than it already is. Of course, not everyone might like to have these elements around, so if they are ever implemented, I think these should be optional.
Has anyone thought of having a mission designer, so that we could have user-created boards and compare high scores here on the forums or wherever? I think it would also be a good idea, if it's not too hard to do.
As much as I'm still quite bad at the game, I don't think I want it to be any easier. Maybe I'm just trying to prove myself that I can get a better score or something, but I think it should be kept the way it is. If you keep practicing, it's not impossible.
Thanks Yukio, and happy new year!

A fight we cannot lose.
An enemy we cannot defeat.
A destiny we cannot escape.
Follow me on twitter @guilevi2000

2016-01-02 12:23:42

I guess difficulty selection could work, but IMO it really is fine the way it is now. I think I could pretty much play infinitely if the difficulty was easier.
But the ball getting stuck between the racket and the ground really makes me hate my life... LOL
I'd love to see more game modes, but one of the things so well designed about this game is the balance, so those modes would really have to be balanced too. Same for powerups basically.
Also... I got a score of 1685 points, however my fellow countryman Roelvdwal still seems to have more, I'll have to try beating that one. Go team Holland!
I'm really amazed how your games aren't just fun to play, but also very different to most other audiogames. It's been said before, but you definitely are a good example of a developer who really knows what he's doing.

2016-01-02 15:40:21

This is a promising game with a lot of potential, I'm enjoying what I've played so far.

The only thing I will say needs to be improved is the ability to hit the ball (the raquette should be slightly larger and you should be able to hit it with a little more leeway as to the distance between the ball and the ground.  I get the game is meant to be hard, but there are times wheree you are trying to hit and keep missing it just because of this small element.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2016-01-02 16:53:08

Hi.
That moment when you are almost finnished with the last mission and the ball gets stuck on a really high sitting block, argh, ball, I hate you now.
But I have to say it's one of the best games in the last months and I really enjoy playing it.
I still need to get my head around that moving system of the ball, I didnt encounter real physics till now in an audio game, I guess I could make my life easier somehow when I get my head around the ball moving system.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-01-02 20:28:46

Hello,
@sightless: Remember you can move above and toward the ground, and you can try to learn the ball pitches at each height before launching it onto the field and plan your next move. Or, you could have fun trying to find the sweet spot as I like to call it, it's very useful in later missions. Even then, there's no guarantee you will hit the ball, especially when gravity takes hold and the ball is going very fast. I managed to get it to literally fly around the table all over the place at one point, and trust me you will eventually get what I mean when you manage it, it's very satisfying.

2016-01-02 21:18:36

Oh yes Ukio, anoither thing. The level timer seems to continue even when the level was paused. This should be fixed in the next update so I can take a breather and not lose points.

2016-01-03 05:26:20

err. yukio. I went to your side yesterday and try to download the games. it seems google translate is broken. so, I couldn't translate all your webside. and I can't find the game and bread. did you removed the dropbox link, when i click is says 404 not found to the english set up. thanks

2016-01-03 05:37:05 (edited by nyanchan 2016-01-03 05:40:50)

Please let me reply later to the suggestion and the miscalculation of the physics engine Alec mentioned.
The dropbox link isn't mine. Please download the game from the first post. You won't get any problems because it's a direct link to the installer.
About the bugfixes, I hope I'll be able to release a new version in today. I can say goodbye for this damn mobile network soon.

2016-01-03 05:51:58

Hello;

I'm going to remove that post because I had a little problem with dropbox. It's fixed now but since yukio said that his link works fine, I'll take my dropbox link down.

I'm gone for real :)

2016-01-04 05:26:03

I've released a new update and fixed the internal error and ranking issue. Also, the game has keyconfig functionality so that everyone can play the game with any keystrokes. About the paning option and making easier modes, please give me some time.
About the physics engine, I think the max hight the ball can go is properly decreasing as it loses energy. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding Alec's post.

2016-01-05 19:10:45 (edited by arjan 2016-01-05 19:11:40)

Seems I'm the first to break 2000. Somebody beat my score of 1803, so I decided to try and break the record again. Poor Michael only got to enjoy his number 1 rank for a few hours, because I now have 2033 points. Weee!

2016-01-05 19:32:25

I beat all the missions, but I do have trouble in the score attack mode. I can get to level 5 on a stretch, and my score is like 500 plus some change. I think the balance is well done, but I might suggest a slight increase in the racket moving horizontally, not much, its just a tad too slow. Anyway, You sir, are an audio game king, and have developed yet again, a master piece.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-01-09 07:48:52

Hi.
Sorry, I've read ironcross's post just now. I was also thinking about slightly increasing the horizontal moving speed. Let me think about it until the next update comes.
V1.02 with some bugfixes has been released.
2016/01/09 Version 1.02
Fixed : The timer now stops when the block list menu is opened.
Fixed : Some typos have been corrected.
Fixed : The bonus counter now doesn't stop after skipping the cleared dialog in score attack.
Fixed : The keyconfig options are now properly saved and restored.

2016-01-12 09:18:32

hi friend , this game is really very awsem , but the only one thing is the delay between the swing and the another one , i hope you fix it soon , the game rocks , thank you and happy new year eaven though it is late hhh big_smile

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2016-01-12 09:40:57

That's not a bug, it's a feature. If you could swing too fast, then the game would be easier.

2016-01-12 10:06:30

i don't know , but if it is a bit faster then it will be good

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2016-01-12 19:24:18

Hello,
@abdul: I can sort of see what you mean but that's also not the point of this game. If you get the ball high enough you won't have to swing it very fast, it's not about being the fastest. The ball is not just going toward you, it's actually going higher and lower on the screen as well, which is why it's quite hard to hit sometimes and it's why you can move your bat up and down.

2016-01-12 23:22:12

It'd be neat if there were different kinds of balls. Like an iron ball that smashed more bricks but bounced less, or a glass ball that shattered if it hit the ground above a certain height or something. Maybe even a fireball that is less effected by gravity, but damages your paddle when you hit it,, so if you hit the ball too many times in that level, it breaks, and you are forced to watch, helplessly, as the ball slowly slowly loses speed...

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.