2016-01-01 06:39:03

Hi yuki happy new year!
well my question is is this game has English translation? I am downloading it now

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-01-01 06:49:59

Can people download the game before asking whether it's translated or not? That would be a far quicker way to find out than waiting for an answer.

I just have one question. so far, hitting the ball consistantly has been a problem for me for some reason. Just can't seem to aim correctly... and I keep missing, even when it sounds like the ball is centered as far as I can tell. My question is, how are score rankings decided? I had a really bad score of 107 today when I was playing, but it asked me if I wanted to post and I decided I wanted to so I tried, and it said I didn't make the ranking. But when opening the scoreboard, it says that there are scorers with less than that. Am I missing something?

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-01-01 07:53:51

wow!  , what the awesome game!
hehehe , could you make the raket , err, more larger?
its really hard to make the ball bonce to the raket...
smile
keep up the good work!

2016-01-01 08:43:04

Yukio, it might be a good idea to put a link to the English file directly on the game's page, like with screaming strike and world of war. I'm still having the score posting problem... can't even post with a score of 367, for some reason. And ironically, the game is easier at the normal speed than at the slow tutorial speed! I just can't figure out how to hit the ball with the racket higher off the ground. Right now my strategy is to let it almost stop and then hit it, but that takes so much speed off it...

2016-01-01 12:17:00

Hello. so yuky, happy new year, and of course to all too. big_smile. and thanks for this game, I will tri it.

2016-01-01 12:52:53

I thought there might be some errors in translations, so I didn't add the installer to the website. Since I have a damn useless internet connection right now, the update will be 2 or 3 days later.
About the score posting, the server might be returning whether you made the top ten, not the actual position. This is because the server was initially designed to handle only 10 ranking positions.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2016-01-01 13:07:45

Also has anyone had any luck  hitting the ball with the paddle at any height other than right above the ground? It's a lot harder that way, not sure if there's any advantage to doing it

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-01-01 13:19:51

Hello;

I have, you just have to time it right and listen to the pitches. I don't have perfect pitch, (I wish  I did,) but I can do it.

As for an advantage? Well; You could hit more blocks and rack up scores of points and hear some pretty cool smashing sounds while your at it. smile

I'm gone for real :)

2016-01-01 13:24:28

Hello all! Yukio, thanks for the game, and happy new year for everyone!
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-01-01 13:45:54

As brad mentions, it makes easier to hit targets far from you, but I also use Key's strategy because the acceleration is so powerful and it is harder to hit the ball in the middle of the field. It might be effective when it comes to score attack though.

2016-01-01 13:48:23 (edited by nyanchan 2016-01-01 13:48:58)

I managed to establish an FTP connection to my server and updated the MarinaBreak page. It now contains the download link for English version.

2016-01-01 14:58:15

it looks like I'm becoming more and more accurate with my paddle, got a score of 1120 with only 607 blocks destroyed!

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2016-01-01 16:09:30

This game is insanely frustrating in the beginning, and insanely fun afterwards. Unfortunately it is going back to frustrating on mission 9, but the first 8 I managed to do fairly easily. Mission 9 is generally hard, but it also seems to randomly make me lose the game for no apparent reason. Other people say this is because the ball gets stuck between two blocks, but I haven't really found an easy way to fix this. I have yet to try out the scoring mode.
I actually go all the way up with my racket, that usually makes me hit the ball easier, but it does take a pretty intense amount of timing. But if I am almost at the ground I can hardly ever hit the ball at all. I kind of want to finish the 10 missions first before I try scoring... But maybe I should just try it anyway.

2016-01-01 17:55:52

I've got to try this, heard a gameplay from the PG13 New Year stream and it sounds amazing.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-01-01 20:39:26

1,206 points, still trying to beat you DD but almost there!

2016-01-01 20:40:26 (edited by blindndangerous 2016-01-01 20:43:12)

My only suggestions would be to make it so that the paddle might move a bit faster, and to let make it so we can swing the paddle a bit more often.  Right now, if the ball gets to low for velocity, I've been right on top of it, but because I can't swing the paddle quickly enough, I end up losing.  Other then that, I love the game.
I've also noticed that sometimes the angle of the ball can be really steep.  So it makes it pretty hard to hit sometimes.  So maybe adjust that just a little bit?
A friend of mine just gave a suggestion as well.  What if some blocks had powerups that you could get for destroying a certain block?  Like Arkanoid had for the SNES?  Also joystick/mouse support would be really nice.

2016-01-01 20:45:54

sounds interesting, will try it out. Happy new year to you all.

2016-01-01 21:03:54

Nah, I vote to keep the mechanics the way they are. You just need to learn to be really accurate with your paddle swings. Don't erode the skill gap please!

2016-01-01 21:14:14 (edited by blaze 2016-01-02 01:50:30)

Hello and happy New year to all,
Yet another fantastic release Ukio. I think many people would agree that you are one of the top game developers in this community. The physics simulation is fantastic and gives the game a modern feel, while the tone generated ball and boingy little racket sound bring me back to the old breakout game. It definitely needs updates and additions, but this thing has had me hooked almost constantly for the past day. I'm planning to do a game play recording where I do missions 6-10 and a few rounds of score attack just to give people a perspective on how I do things. As of now, my high score is 1043, which although not being the best, is still pretty good in my opinion. I will edit this post with a link once I have made the recording. It should be no more than an hour long, likely 40 to 50 minutes. Until then, you people have fun.
Well, I finished it. It's not done the best since it sounds really compressed, and my stereo mix it probably one of the weirdest I've ever heard, but here it is. Enjoy it.

2016-01-01 21:33:32 (edited by arjan 2016-01-01 21:49:35)

looks like you got a new score to beat key, because I just got 1286 points! he only thing that makes me sad is that I got the score with nearly no strategy, because if you go all the way down with your racket and always stay there it works the best by far.

2016-01-01 21:34:35 (edited by SLJ 2016-01-01 21:35:24)

@assault_freak: Hitting the ball is pretty difficult, especially when playing the game on a virtual machine where the sounds are delayed. You need to get the same pitch as your bat, like if the bat is at the ground, you just need to time your swings, but if you have the bat lifted from the ground, you need to listen for the pitch.
@Yukio: I agree that it would be totally awesome with more game modes. It would be awesome to have achievements and things to unlock.
I have a small suggestion: It would be nice if the highscore was saved locally and you can post the highscore later if you have no internet connection while playing.
By the way, the view scoreboard option launched the score page last time I tried.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-01-01 21:40:43

Agree with Key. the mechanics are fine the way they are as of right now. More gae modes and powerups would be fun, but as it is, it's still one of the best games to play in short bursts and definitely something we've never seen before. Targetting the best blocks is harder to do than it seems... and something I still fail at. And not being able to swing the paddle quickly is smart... discourages button mashing which I'm in favor of for any game. lol

2016-01-01 22:16:06

@arjan oh pshhh, 25 points! lol tongue
well played... see what I did there?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2016-01-02 02:00:47

Hello,
I like the learning curve, as it takes a long time to get good and you aren't done with the game in five minutes. I definitely think the skill gap needs to be kept the same as it is right now, otherwise it will be too easy. In the days of mainstream arcades in their golden age, sighted people would literally spend hours and hours inserting coins into machines to get good at them and do massive score marathons. This game seriously brings back those days with a learning curve of sorts too, it's really clever and amazing.

2016-01-02 03:05:36

damn, this thing is cool!
Yesterday I held the first spot on the scoreboard but already I've had my ass handed to me, not even 9 hours later rofls.
Yukio, man, this game is amazing and really look forward to not getting my college work done because of you! Lol!