Hi! @post 49, this might be a little tricky, but you have to delete a certain file in your user config to do it. Hit wondows + r to get into the run dialog and type %appdata%, then you have to go to a folder called sbp and delete the data.dat from there. It should now be gone.

Thumbs up

huge huge lag when playing, enemies taking very big damage

If you want to contact with me, please send me a forum e-mail! don't use the private message or you will get an answer probably after a mongth of waiting !

Thumbs up

not sure why, but for some odd reason, the game sometimes does not respond to key commands. Such as when i try to shoot by pressing spacebar, it simply won't work

Thumbs up

54 (edited by defender 2015-12-15 20:14:38)

Well, I discovered some things recently that are a bit silly, however accept in the case of 1 or 2 of them, aren't much of an issue at this time, but I thought I'd put them out there for future reference.

Firstly, for some reason, weapon range is determined by TOBD range, no matter what weapon it is, which is why you can kill enemies from 50 feet away with your fists...
Next, it doesn't seem to be items that slow down the playing experience, at least offline, but AI's shooting at each other instead, aside from the tap dancing effect which is another issue, so when you pass over a bunch of AI's staging a miniature WWIII near the waterfall on the bridge above, it lags movement enormously, though this may also be determined by TOBD range trying to see everything at once.
Also, feet is kind of a silly measurement for this game, considering that the average grenade has a rated confirmed kill radius of 5 to 10 meters, about 16 to 32 and a half feet, depending on the type, with a large danger zone beyond that, and it seems odd to shoot someone with a light machine gun, which is usually 4 and a half to 5 and a half feet long, from such close range.
While I'm on the subject, cartridges are just a more specific word for any kind of bullet that isn't used in a shotgun, often used to refer to rifle rounds, E.G. a 12  gauge shotgun shell VS a 30 aught 6 rifle cartridge, that still has it's casing on, E.G. still hasn't been fired, so a more accurate catch all term would be clips, which should still technically be magazines, but what ever that's nitpicking, it would be cool to see ammunition types based on the weapon that uses them eventually anyway, I just thought I'd mention it encase you cared.
And speaking of grenades, while the way they work right now is undoubtedly awesome, it doesn't really make sense, they basically work exactly like a smaller version of the bomb, when they should actually explode at a set distance from the point of fire if they don't hit another item or person first, and do damage to anything within a few tiles in both directions of the impact point, which would require better planning on the part of the person using the launcher.
I sorta wish the grenade launcher would slow you down a bit while walking just like the mg does, the real things are pretty heavy, especially pump action or semi automatic versions.
Has anyone else noticed that the water fall has a bridge over it and how weird that is? My friend pointed that out yesterday, and he's right, that can't really happen...
We're getting some invisible fires in this update, which may be do too in part because of the sound buffer overloads from so many enemies firing at each other, dieing, and jumping on ladders at the same time, maybe limiting the max AI's to like 10 would help this issue for the time being?

I'm sorry for laying so much on you at once Mason, but I wouldn't mention it if I didn't think it was important or could become important later, and this helps me get input from others who may have different ideas about how to fix these issues.

Jesileevo, you seem to still have version 1.0, check your changelog to make sure, you need to download the new version, which fixed that bug, from the first post in this topic.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

hi

i also experienced something weird now, i activated this game on another laptop of mine, and now i can't log in to my character what i created and played on this afternoon. I get the message:

"key invalid"

when i want to create a new char it won't let me, since i get the same message.

What's wrong? just curious.

i am going to play on my first laptop where i activated the game on at first. seeing if this same issue occurs.

greetz mike

we are back in active business, visit our homepage at:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
http://www.facebook.com/mikeygamezone
or follow @mikeschippernl on twitter

Thumbs up

Your key is still valid, I checked

Follow on twitter! @masonasons_me
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: masonasons.me
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up

hi,

Yeah i also thought that, otherwise i wasn't able to see the sign in option in the multiplayer section. but what happened is stated in my previous post.

But i logged in successfully on the laptop i registered the game at first. and i am pretty lonely now tongue

Hopefully this will be figured out. not that i am demanding this, but i speak out my hope.

smile

greetz mike

we are back in active business, visit our homepage at:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
http://www.facebook.com/mikeygamezone
or follow @mikeschippernl on twitter

Thumbs up

Hi all,

SBP version 1.2 is now released, with fixes for many of the bugs you've been reporting, as well as a few new things!

Thumbs up

Cool Mason, that's great to see. I still don't know what causes the problem that the game isn't working here on my laptop, but on another computer it worked fine. It is fantastic that the game is portable and can be played from a pendrive, i tryeed it on an old one and it still worked well. Just a question, is the game endless in single player or can it be beaten? If it is beatable, a few bosses could be included. Or another mode with different levels and boss fights. Some other suggestions:
- What about some commands you can give your allies like Cover me, follow me, spread out, need help and such?
- Another thing could be places where you and your allies can hide, like houses, trees or depending on the environment caves and such. So you could plan and start surprising attacs.
It could be made possible to set ambushes and to build and place trabs. That would make the fights a bit more strategically.
And the characters could talk, like in unreal turnament and such games. Just my ideas. The game so far is cool and the sounds are great.

Thumbs up

I would love to see that kind of stuff in the ofline version to. I don't no if my parents will let me buy sb online. hang on I'l go ask them. but, my [parnets havenn't set up a pay pal account. hmmmm.

follow me on twitter!
@blindkid55
We walk by faith, and not by sight
2 Corinthians 5:7

Thumbs up

Awesome update Mason, great job!
I'm sure you've been working pretty hard based on how fast these updates are coming out, so I, and I'm sure others as well, really appreciate it.
I love that the climbing bug is gone, and the pitch change on items was a good idea, also very happy about being able to fire and look up and down.

Only having a few problems here that haven't already been documented.
A new bug is that somehow the ambiance for the water got moved to the very end of the map... smile
Seems like the way enemies stalk you is a bit strange, they literally stay on the same exact square as you without attacking, and the only way you can get them off your tail is by jumping several times or using the glider to get far enough away to shoot them, kinda weird, but amusing.
I'm not able to hit people at range when firing up and down for some reason, fists work fine though, it seems like the enemies location on TOBD isn't the same as their position in terms of left to right when looking straight up or down at them.
This is understandable though, this system is quite new.
The ladder on the other end of the bridge still isn't flush with the ground, it has an extra grass tile there, that doesn't keep enemies from using it though, it's just a little weird that's all.
The AI's however don't seem to want to go up the ladder on the other side of the bridge though, just the first one.
When clearing your data, the game freezes and has to be restarted, though it does do it's job.
It would be nice if enemies fired more randomly instead of just as fast as possible, and reloaded a bit slower, or at least waited an instant after reloading to start firing again, that would make them seem allot more human, the same goes for bombs, they often drop all of them at once instead of just a few, and usually don't run away before they explode! big_smile

Hoping for caps and better weapon balancing in the next update, that should make online play allot more fun.

Thumbs up for your effort, this looks like it's starting to turn around in a good way, and your the one that's making it happen, so you should be proud of what you've accomplished so far. (highfive)

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

Ah yes. The ambience bug. It's because I forgot to update some sound code. Have fixed for the new ver!

Thumbs up

And a last suggestion of mine: Different weather conditions, day and night scenes and various environments and Backgrounds like swamp, water or Darkness at night, fog on the weather side etc. could be added and maybe used by you and your enemies advantages or disadvantages. This way, the elements that could be strategic can get a little deeper. I know several mainstream shooters are using such elements, so I thought I post this and the suggestions in the earlier post. Maybe you like some of the ideas, would be cool to see some of them implemented.

Thumbs up

That's a possibility, though a bit far off at this point.

Thumbs up

Hi, i have serious problem! I tried saving this zip folder to my desktop, but when i went to open it said it was invalid! How do i fix this i wanna play this game, i like advanced AI!

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

Thumbs up

Try to save it to some other folder like downloads.

Thumbs up

Hi, i can not download again, can you post a direct link to teh download? It goes to some page not found shit, i am so mad!

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

Thumbs up

Go to the first post and grab it from the link that has been posted.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

Thumbs up

A direct link:

http://ultrocity.com/sbp/sbp.zip

Thumbs up

Hi well the download link does not work.
something about the connection being reset.
I have checked the address and it appears to be going through a stats site which must b e down, if you kill the first part of that link before the second http then the download actually works.

Thumbs up

[wow], that is quite strange.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

Thumbs up

All broken links are now fixed.

Thumbs up

[wow], awesome! smile
hmm, can you make the walking speed a little bit faster?
its unfare ,  the enemy walk super fast sometime,
or add run? , it could be faster then walk, but slower then gliter , if you add run , you should make the gliter  move more faster,though
ahh, yeah, if you die, and back to the main menu  and select single player and you are place into the map, could you add something like the save thingy on ultra power?
or add save zone?  ( not recommended, though)

Thumbs up

If you pick up speed items, your speed will gradually increase.

Thumbs up

75 (edited by JasonBlaze 2015-12-16 07:53:10)

yeah, theres a speed item, though, but , emm, that's  still slow, , now i have around 250 Viciousness,  and the enemy is crazy , they run super fast, and i can't find any speed item, its seams that item is rare, ehh? smile
now i'm walking like a turtle, then the enemy come and... boom boom boom, uwok uwok,unlucky me, tongue

Thumbs up