At Defender, thanks for the clarification. I'll probably wait to play this game seriously until the killing bug gets resolved, but so far I like it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

Thumbs up

Will consider all that's said here. Thanks for the input.

Follow on twitter! @DarkFlierProd
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: darkflier.com
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up +1

I noticed that AI's like to jump again and again on what they just climbed allot instead of moving forwards or backwards once they reach the top.
It seems that sometimes items spawn a tile or two under the bridge, either that or they just aren't grabbable for some reason, but it gets fixed when you die...

If possible, the information given to you should maybe go in this order when looking:
Enemies, hazards such as fire or air, objects, regular tiles.
Fire actually isn't currently shown anyway.

Is it possible for objects to feel more natural when you move towards them while jumping?  Currently the left/right position and volume only updates when you land.

I guess I just like the old camera because it lets you see the tile types ahead of you as fast as you want and changes dynamically, so it's good for jumping gaps quickly.
This one is useful too though, it would just be nice to have both as an option.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

I guess you're right, the old camera would be useful. I also thought of another thing. We could pick up shields, armor, or both in order to reduce the damage of attacks. Unlike the defense stat in Ultrapower however, the armor and or shields wouldn't protect you permanently. After they are hit a number of times,, they break and you would have to find new ones to re-enable protection. This would be especially useful against grenades, which take off a huge amount of hp.
Also using a keystroke to check stats would be much easier than using the /stats command. Assigning it to the tab key for example would work just fine, as it does in RTR.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

Thumbs up

30 (edited by defender 2015-12-14 03:55:33)

I like both of those ideas RTRAssassin.

If anyone is getting killed every time they enter single player and can't escape with the glider, by jumping, or by firing back, try this:  Though I don't know how well this will work below win Vista or above Win 8.1...

1. Go to computer and enter your local disk, probably drive letter C.
2. Go to user's, and enter the folder who's name is the same as your user name.
3. Enter the App Data folder and look for the Roaming subfolder within it.
4. Find SBP, and delete the single file inside: data dot dat.

This will not get rid of any other saved options such as music and game volume, it will simply clear the values for single player mode so that when you start it up again, it will be like it was the very first time you started the game.
If you can't see the App Data folder, make sure that hidden files are shown, using the view tab in folder options.
I've only had to do this twice so far however.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

Yes, the AI's are a bit buggy when climbing, which I've been looking into but can't quite seem to figure out. Also, am aware of the invisible items bug, though stupidly enough this didn't really show up until release, so it was like well shoot, we got a massive problem.

Yeah, I'll readd the camera for the next release then.

Thumbs up

Heh that's okay, I understand, that kind of thing happens, it's only ones on the bridge and only 1 out of like every 20 anyway...
I can't figure the laser out, I don't know if it's doing allot of damage or if the shot just seems to travel way too far,, I've had it hit me from more than 48 tiles away with no enemy where it was, but at close range it doesn't seem to be that bad.
The fire does too much damage in my opinion, I think it should do a bit less, we could also use better caps on things like HP, possibly up to 1000, and how many items can be on the same map at once, for this current map, maybe 20 or 25?
This may balance things out between players a bit more.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

Hello,
I really like this version of the game, however I've definitely encountered the killing bug in single player. I died so much from random laser fire that so that now, I just die when starting single player mode. Shouldn't the game start you off with a new character anyway, as you basically died?

Thumbs up

I've discovered that it's not actually laser fire, it's shock waves from time bombs, for some reason, they make the same hit sound as lasers.  I really don't think they should travel as far as they do right now.
Also, speaking of caps, I think we need one on how far you can see, maybe 50 tiles?
What's the difference between power boosts and speed boosts anyway if they supposedly end up doing the same thing?
Is the ladder to the bridge supposed to not be flush with the ground on the other side?

Aaron, try the fix in post 30 if you can't stop dieing right away.

After playing more, this game really can be fun, but if allot of AI's, say 5 or 6, end up in the same place at the same time either firing or jumping or something, then entering the area around them lags the game to the extreme until you make your way out of that zone.
I'm wondering how allies work, because it seems like all of them are enemies no matter what, do the allies only shoot if shot at first then or something?

This... -- Is CNN'.
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

I think that in the next version there should also be an option to clear single player data just in case.

Thumbs up

Good idea, Aaron.

Thumbs up

Hi all,

It is with great pleasure that I'd like to announce the immediate availability of SBP version 1.1.  Many of the things discussed in this topic, as well as the preorder topic, now exist! Go grab it from post 1!

Thumbs up

Hi Mason,
The update is good so far, but I've noticed a few things. Sometimes, the camera tends to lag in multiplayer mode, though this could be due to the server itself experiencing lag. The other thing is that ctrl+up and down arrows still don't look up and down, which again could be helpful in a future update. Other than these few issues, I like it.

Thumbs up

Oh shoot, I forgot about control+up and down. Sorry. Will add for next ver.

Thumbs up +1

hi.
mason, i  saw that bug still exists. as i said on twitter when are plenty of enemies or time bombs the game lags. but i'm so wondering how to lag the single mode?

if you've taken a decision, never look back! even though you are sorry about  it, just assume it and go with it until the end!

Thumbs up

Hmm, it can in any case replace the Ultrapower. i dont know if i hit someone, i dont know the distance, in which can the weapon hurt the enemy.

Thumbs up

Hi Veronika, You will get the hang of the weapon ranges with some trial and error. Just try shooting a machinegun for example from thirty tiles away at someone and see if it hits. Usually you can hear bullets hit your enemy if they are close enough and you will be notified if you successfully kill someone. I think this game is more realistic than Ultrapower, which is hard for some to get used to.

Thumbs up

[wow], so fast a new version? Hopefully it works for me, i try it. In version 1.0 I had no sounds at all, the Game just not started as it seems.

Thumbs up

Hi Mason,
I have tested this quite extensively and know this to be a fact, using the o key to voice chat no longer works for some reason. I also just got off the server not too long ago and realized how bad the lag is. When shooting Joseph, it would take a number of seconds before I heard the bullets impact; same is true when receiving messages notifying players that someone has been killed. Hopefully this can be resolved.

Thumbs up

Aha, I figured out the voice chat key bug. Will fix for next release.

Thumbs up +1

46 (edited by defender 2015-12-15 13:12:48)

Thumbs up for releasing 1.1 so quickly!

I really like that the commands sometimes not working stuff was figured out, and that the glider no longer stays activated when switching to another window, as well as the addition of the auto updater, but I think that for the next release, even if it takes a bit to finish, you should focus extensively on the issues that currently make the game not worth paying for for the average person.
In my opinion, the order of importance really needs to go like this, before people lose interest:

1. Fix issues with the server. While I don't own SBP online my self, a friend of mine does and often reports difficulties with playing the game, such as not being able to tell who is shooting you, being just as fast and powerful as you were
after dieing as you were before dieing, long reaction times to things done to one player by another, ETC, which is why I haven't gotten the game yet, because that isn't stable in any sense of the word.
2. Put reasonable caps on things, this was a massive problem that faced Ultrapower, HP, running speed and jumping distance, stored ammunition, TOBD range, and glider fuel have no business being in the hundreds or thousands respectively.  If you have everything, what is the point of going out and getting more and actually playing the game to survive, and vice versa, if you are a new player, how can you ever hope to get what you need to stand even a slight chance of not dieing instantly if the only way you can collect items is by being bored and playing while no one else is on the server?
3. Add to the current map so that people have more places to play, and consider adapting the environment suite so that people can submit maps for possible addition to the game.  This would save you from making an integrated solution, and it would take a portion of the work off of your back if the community could pull it's own weight in this matter.
4. Squash the bug in offline mode which I now refer to as the tap dancing effect, where AI's reach the top of the ladder and jump for ever, lagging the game enormously and causing the hole progression of the AI's to fail spectacularly.
5. Make adjustments to weapons so that they are more fare and skill based instead of power based, E.G. reduce range on the machine gun, increase power of the laser, reduce damage of fire, and reduce range of blast waves.
6. Limit the number of bonus items that can be on a map at the same time, it slows everything down and makes things too easy otherwise.
7. If you can look up and down, make it so you can fire up and down as well, this was one of my favorite parts of UP, and a number of other people's as well.
8. Make it so that when you fall, you lose HP based on distance, otherwise, what's the point of not trying to fall?

In my opinion, the first 3 of these suggestions are absolutely vital if you want people to take SBP online seriously enough to buy it, and insuring better testing before the update will reduce the amount of possible issues arising from these changes.

Good luck!  I really want this game to work out, for your sake as well as the communities.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the feedback!

Thumbs up

48 (edited by The Dwarfer 2015-12-15 15:58:18)

I'm glad defender reported that tap dancing bug as he called it, indeed when 10 or 15 enemies get up there you can start experiencing lag as soon as you get to the grass or even when still upon the gravel. As for so many items, I sort of disagree on this matter. Because the amount of health items, (increasing your health by 8000 when walking across the bridge), ballences well with things like shock waves, and especially because enemies can fire grenades two per second. I jumped off of the bridge, got hit by a couple of things, and 3 seconds later my health had decreased by 7000. So I think this is a good balance.
I have another suggestion. In offline mode, I think it should be possible for people to build on the map themselves, like they could in 2dp

Follow me on twitter: @savage_genius16

Thumbs up

Hello!
I have one question.
How to delete a data file, which countains my character?
Because, when I started, It dead automatically.

Music is the language of the universe.

Thumbs up

hi all,

I have bought the online multiplayer time for this game, and i have to say this is a really awsome experience.
I have shot down one of the players multiple times and the multiplayer mode made me laugh pretty loudly when that player and myself shot down each other exactly at the same time twice.

It probably contains still some bugs, but i haven't noticed them yet on multiplayer myself.

I can recommend it to anyone liking this kind of games.

greetz mike

we are back in active business, visit our homepage at:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
http://www.facebook.com/mikeygamezone
or follow @mikeschippernl on twitter

Thumbs up