1 (edited by masonian 2015-12-18 02:00:21)

Hi there,

It's now released! SBP is now here! Go grab it now!

ultrocity-services.ddns.net/sbp

Follow on twitter! @DarkFlierProd
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: darkflier.com
If this post is of any use, why not thumb it up?

Thumbs up +1

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I have it now! yes!

Today, is better, than yesterdday!
God bless you, a lot of mersy.
Gracias, thank you, your welcome, thumbs up, what ever, Luis Carlos. Have an awesome day!

Thumbs up +1

the following is the readme Mason had me write for the game.
Scrolling Battles Pro!
By Ultrocity Audio and NS studios.
Documentation, revised Dec 12, 2015.

1: introduction.
Welcome to scrolling battles pro, a highly advanced and fun audio game! This game has been written from the ground up to have smoothness of gameplay, ease of use, and to provide  countless hours of entertainment to it's players. It includes a fully formed AI, online death matches, mouse and joystick support, and much more!

1.1: credits
This game was written by the founder, programmer and CEO of Ultrocity audio, Mason armstrong, and NS Studios.
This documentation file was written by Devin Gutierrez.
some sounds and music used in this game have been custom-made for this game, by NS studios.

2: minnimum system requirements
an intel pentium compatible 1.1 ghz single core, or AMD athlon 1.3 ghz single core processor.
about 12 mb of space for the game and all of it's files.
512 mb of ram.
Windows Xp
a windows compatible sound card.
A Dsl or broadband internet connection for multiplayer mode.

3: menu structure and the main menu.
Here are the keystrokes for the available methods of input in menus. Please note that unless otherwise stated, all menus are side scrolling, which means instead of going up or down, you go left or right through the items.

Joystick:
scroll through items: push the stick right or left
select an item: button A
exit this menu: button B
mouse:
previous or next item: move the mouse left or right
select an item: left click
exit the menu: right click
keyboard:
scroll through items: left or right arrows.
Select an item: enter.
Exit menu: escape.
The main menu
The main menu has many oh so confusing options, which I shall try to explain to you, in great detail.
Multi player game. Goes to the multi player menu, where you can connect with friends or enemies from across the globe and battle it out on the Ultrocity server.
Single player game: allows you to practice your skills against AI enemies who will try to destroy you at every turn.
Preferences menu: allows you to change options in the game.
Exit: one word. Don't! Allows you to exit the game and go back to the dull real world.

3.1: the preferences menu.
3.1.1: wine mode: allows you to run the game on your macintosh computer through  wine!

3.2: multiplayer game: allows you to play online.
Sign in: allows you to use your account credentials to gain access to the multi player server.
Sign in as: allows you to change your default account credentials, in case of account deletion or other such things.
New account: allows you to create a new account on our server, that you can use to play online.
Enter/re-enter registration information: allows you to enter or re-enter your registration credentials you receive upon purchasing the online features of the game. This unlocks the other items in the menu.
Go back: takes you back to the main menu.

4: offline gameplay.
Here are the keystrokes you will need to play in single player mode.
Joystick:
walk left/right: push and hold the stick left/right
jump: push the stick upwards
clime up/down: push and hold the stick up/down
fire: button A
reload: button B
exit: button C
Mouse:
move left/right: move mouse horizontally.
jump: move upwards
clime up/down: move the mouse vertically.
switch weapons: scroll wheel
fire: left click
reload: right click
exit: middle click
keyboard controls:
up. Jump
left or right arrow. walk
S: check the effective range of your tobds.
P. Check power.
V: Check viciousness.
space. fire.
1 through 5. select weapons
A. Check ammo.
R. Reload weapon.
T. spawn time bomb
shift+t. See how many time bombs you have.
Hold alt while walking. Use glider
F. Check glider fuel.
c: check x and y coordinates.

4.1: objects
From time to time, objects will spawn on the map which you can pick up. they can have a number of effects, or contain items. they could boost your health, speed, spyglass range and power, give you ammo, glider fuel, or time bombs.
Beware, however, that items can and will break  from being hit with a weapon, rendering them useless.

4.2: on viciousness and power
Viciousness, which you can check by hitting v, is the overall difficulty level of enemies. at certain levels, enemies will start getting very difficult to defeat. Power is how difficult it is for enemies to defeat you. it is a value that encompasses your maximum walking speed, your resistance to damage, and many other things.

4.3: weapons.
You and your enemies are equipped with five weapons: your fists, a laser, which has faster firing speed in exchange for less damage, a handgun, which is useful in close-range combat, a machine gun, which is good for really almost anything, and grenades, which can be used to devastating and deadly effect to kill someone without being detected.

4.4: time bombs.
Time bombs are deadly, but with good and careful use, can be a great asset to the defeat of many of your enemies. beware though, enemies know how to use them, and will do so liberally.

4.5: enemies. enemies are very smart in this game. unlike most audio games, where enemies run up and attack you until they or you die, enemies can make good choices about who to go after, which weapons to use and how to use them, can clime somewhat inteligently, can go after other enemies and your allies, can use time bombs, retrieve and break items, and much more.

4.5.1: your allies.
Your allies act very similarly to enemies, but they will never attack each other or you, prefering to hear the snap of enemy bones instead.

4.6: your transoptical bi-directional spyglass, tobds for short
You are equipped with a device, the tobds, which is a pair of headphones, attached to  two speakers on the outside which blast out an inautible, high-frequency ping in both directions at once. this returns information on obstacles, enemies and terrain changes within it's effective range, which you can check with the S key.
It's effective range can be improved by objects you pick up which increase the quality and volume of it's VHF, (very high frequency) speakers, resulting in an increase in range. it will tell you about enemies,  their current health and equipped weapon, changes in terrain, fires and time bombs. it will say something like, object, 42 feet. use control+left and control+right arrows to scan in those directions.

4.7: your glider.
You also have a glider, which allows you to do amazingly high jumps, as well as zoom across the map at high speeds.
However, the glider requires fuel to function. you don't have any when you start out, so it will be necesary for you to find and retrieve some fuel before you will be able to operate it.

5: online play.
Online play allows you to connect with friends and even total strangers from across the globe to show them who's boss, so to speak.

5.1: differences between offline and online game modes.
Online gameplay has some fundamental differences from single player; the most obvious of which, are needing an account and registration. upon logging on to the server, you should hear it tell you what version of the server software it is running, and the date it was updated on. from that moment onward, you are vulnerable to attacks from other players, so get objects quickly.
Please note! that objects you get in single player, for obvious reasons, do not cary over to the multi player server.
In online play, there is no such thing as power or viciousness, as the players can freely be as powerful/vicious as they want to be.

5.2: communication and interaction with other players.
the server allows you to communicate with other players in a variity of ways. for instance, to check who is on the server with you, press shift+slash. it will either tell you who is on the server, or say, "You are alone."
to chat with other players, press slash by itself. you will be in a text box where you can type your message.
There is also a voice chat feature, accessible by holding down the O key, which will allow you to talk as if you were in the map. it will record what you say, put the ogg file in a little sound player object on the square you released the O key on, and play it.
This would be a good time to talk about the command for finding the location of another player. to find out where someone is, type into the chat box: slash where, followed by the name of the player, such as Masonasons.
it should say something like, "Masonasons is at 78, 0." meaning he is on the ground at X position 78.
You can kill a player just as you would an enemy in single player mode. there really isn't that much difference.

5.3: achievements
In online play, there is a dynamic achievements system. to check your achievements, press the slash key to enter the chat box and type, slash achievements, meaning the slash key, followed by achievements.
currently, the only achievement in place is an achievement for reaching 500 health, but that is soon to change.

6: Registration and demo limitations information.
Scrolling battles pro's online features are a one-time fee of $5.
if you do not have a key, then the only option in the multi player menu will be enter registration information. it will ask you for your registration name and key. only after the game is able to validate with the license server that your key is valid will you gain lifetime access to the online features of scrolling battles pro.
The only limitation of the demo version is that you will not gain access to the multi player feature.

7: how to order.
To order Scrolling Battles Pro from us, please visit ultrocity.com/sbp
then hit the pay pal button. the page is in a different language. to fix this error on Paypal's part, add /en/ to the end of paypal.com and before the rest of the url.
send the appropriate amount of funds, (the pre order amount is $2.50, which will have changed to $5.00 once you read this) to us, then email Mason at the email address provided on the sbp page.
please note that while it uses the old company name of Soundworx, it still goes to Mason, thus your purchase is still guaranteed to be processed correctly. in the email you send, please use the subject, SBP Purchase, and include the name under which you would like us to generate your license key for you.

8: conclusion
We sincerely hope you enjoy Scrolling Battles pro, as many hours of work have gone into it's creation.
We thank you for your support in advance.

8.1: copyright and license
Copyright: 2015 Ultrocity audio and NS studios, all rights reserved.

devin

Thumbs up

gey folks, i thourt that was a really surprise, but mason gain give us a dollar full. it's unplayable and i can't enjoy it. it's playable, but i want online mode. no joy for me.

If you want to contact with me, please send me a forum e-mail! don't use the private message or you will get an answer probably after a mongth of waiting !

Thumbs up

[wow]. Nice ReadMe dude.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

cruiser destroyer wrote:

gey folks, i thourt that was a really surprise, but mason gain give us a dollar full. it's unplayable and i can't enjoy it. it's playable, but i want online mode. no joy for me.

I wander why some people expect it all to be free. Paypal is supported in most countries.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up +1

What a crappy bug! Do I have to be killed each time I enter the game? That's happening a bit after I started my journey, and an ennemy with a laser appeared and killed me. And now I just die each time I launch single player. Seems like I'll have to continue playing BK3 until this bug got fix, big_smile just joking! Keep it up!

Download Crazy Party's remade English translation right now from:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_GXp … 3ZTR3JIOTg

Thumbs up

Hi,
I hate it when people complain about having to pay 5 bucks for something. And on top of that, single player works just fine, it's only multiplayer you have to pay for. I myself am experiencing a rather strange bug and don't play the game much because of it, but it is still a great game.

Sincerely,
Lucas.

Thumbs up

I have the same problem, i am on the air and i can not land on the ground.

Thumbs up

Hi,

This is fixed for the new version.

Thumbs up

hi does this game have a story if in single player? or is it just going to be kill everything with no story? from the realm it is not clear what the objective is

Thumbs up

Hm, i try to start the game but nothing seems to happen, the game doesn't react. I am using a windows 7 machine. Anyone who has this problem as well?

Thumbs up

13 (edited by defender 2015-12-14 01:13:00)

Thanks for posting that readme, it helps me understand more about gameplay.

A couple of suggestions though:
1. The key list should be after the information about game specific things like the glider, spy glass, and viciousness/power, otherwise it's out of order.
2. The order of command reference should probably go, keyboard, mouse, joystick, since that is the most likely and keeps people from having to go through input devices they wouldn't use so much.

I'm also running Windows 7 and the same thing happens to me, I just hear loud organ music and can't do anything with space, enter, or control, exit fades it out and closes the game.
Supposedly this bug with getting killed right away on single player was fixed, but my friend just minutes ago downloaded the latest version from the website and it isn't.  The changelog still says 1.0...

I guess the problem was just that the music started out quite loud and I forgot that it was a side scrolling style menu, but I now see that along with the dieing bug not being fixed, there is also only the wine option in the preferences menu.
I also noticed that when doing pretty much anything, E.G. checking ammo, looking left and right, or jumping, it seems like it only works every other or even 1 out of 3 times.  Very annoying.
The glider also seems to be able to go into the negatives of fuel, though this may be after restarting single player without first exiting the game when you previously had some.

I like this look system, but having the old camera would be nice too.
I hope there is a way to turn off voice chat in preferences for people that don't want to hear it.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

1.1 has not been released yet. We need to address other bugs first before we release, because we believe in quality releases.

Thumbs up

15 (edited by defender 2015-12-14 01:16:37)

Alright, fare enough, but it would be good if it was within a day or 2, since this is a payed launch, also, I edited post 13 with some more info.

May I also suggest adding another melee weapon?  such as a baseball bat, length of pipe slash chain, knife or sword.
A shotgun would be cool too...
Would it also be possible to walk a bit faster and jump a bit farther by default in single player mode? It's a bit agonizing right now...  big_smile
Having at least some rounds in your handgun would be nice too, but that's up to debate of course.

Are weapon modes planned in the future?  It could open the door to sound suppressors and other attachments as well as secondary melee uses.  This may lead to findable additional components, which could be interesting.
I like your idea for fire, if we do get weapon modes in the future, having incendiary grenades would be pretty neat.  (devil)

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

I can't wait to get sbp online! althought I don't think my mom will let me buy it. damn it! mason, couldn't you just make sbp online free?

follow me on twitter!
@blindkid55
We walk by faith, and not by sight
2 Corinthians 5:7

Thumbs up

Why the hell would he do that? big_smile Would you if you put a bunch of work into something?
Damit, 1008JMD, couldn't you just do some chores?  tongue

This... -- Is CNN'.
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

All right, thanks Defender. I'll add those options for the next version. And I'm not sure what's going on with the keys bug. It only happens to certain people.

Thumbs up

It is something to do with a certain beta version, didn't happen before that. I have the same thing.

Sincerely,
Lucas.

Thumbs up

That's quite strange. I've been trying to figure out why it's doing this.

Thumbs up +1

Hi,

@20, the only thing I can think of is that you implemented that knew screen reader thing in the version it started happening.

Sincerely,
Lucas.

Thumbs up +1

22 (edited by defender 2015-12-14 02:02:07)

Maybe the dieing bug could be fixed by having a second or 2 of safety when going back into single player? or the AI's could be placed in different positions but everything else would be the same, either that or just lag the adding of the AI's a bit.
It seems like the laser is also really quite strong, more than stated in the readme.
The machine gun has a very long range compared to how long it takes to get enough power to be able to jump and kill the person using it, maybe a duck feature could be added? something like battlezone where you can only duck for a second or 2 and then you would automatically come back up, or at least you would move quite slow or not at all, it makes more sense than jumping everything...
It would be really nice to be able to use control up and down in addition to left and right to view things above and below you.
Are zone announcements planned?
When this works, it's very fun, you did a great job on choosing AI death sounds. big_smile

This... -- Is CNN'.
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

I noticed a couple of minor issues with the readme.

Revise it so that it states that page up and page down adjust the volume of the background music. The only reason I knew this worked was because that's how it is in most audio games. Good thing it did, too, the starting volume is excruciatingly loud.

I think you forgot to put the keyboard command in for climbing, too, because I don't see one. Unless you're meant to be able to only climb using the mouse?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

Thumbs up

You use the same key for jumping, up arrow, when a climbable object is on your tile, just hold it down or tap like left or right arrows work on the ground.

This... -- Is CNN'.
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

I agree with Defender about using ctrl+up and down arrows to look up and down. That would help a lot. As for the old camera coming back, there's no real need for it; the look system does just fine, though there could be a few categories for using it. If you want platforms and surfaces, use ctrl+arrows. However, if you want objects, use shift+arrows. This makes looking for things easier. Maybe ctrl+shift+arrows could look for players as well, but that's all up to Mason.
I also agree with the idea of additional weapon modes, since that was missing in UP and would help out with tough fights. Let's say I run out of ammo in my currently selected weapon and need to continue fighting. I could always switch weapons, but that split second could cost me, same is true of reloading. So, using bayonets and the butts of varius weapons makes lots of sense. In real combat, the butt of a rifle can be used as a club if a situation calls for it, so this is a very realistic addition to the game.
One more thing, private messaging should also be added as well. It was a handy feature in UP and will be quite useful here too.
Other than these few suggestions, keep up the good work. This game is already loads better than UP.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

Thumbs up