2018-06-17 08:15:26

Android = fildo

2018-06-17 08:45:33

Hmmm, Orko, Amazon's embedded web player never worked on Ie, but with chrome and Nvda it has been usable, or at least its been possible to get a zip of the download of whatever I bought from  them fairly easily by just going to "last added" making sure all tracks in the album are checked and hitting "download"

I believe they have a custom made downloadable version of the player that works with amazon music accounts, but I've never bothered with that, likewise i'm not exactly sure how their library functions work if your interested in that sort of thing, but on the basic level of buying something and downloading I've not found it to be an issue.

@Jack I found pincodereseller.com to be rather a pest when i tried, a very cluttered sites with waaaay too many adverts. I did get the thing to work but I wasn't happy about going through a reseller that way, which is one reason I've not tended to bother with mp3va for a while.

Oh and yes, I will admit to have downloaded stuff from Youtube too, particularly stuff that is impossible to get elsewhere or when I just want a single track, albeit usually when I want a full album or performance I tend to get it from Amazon instead to make sure I get the hole thing.

Edit: Okay amusing fact, I was going to try out buying an amazon mp3 download just to check the system when writing this post and be certain I was giving the right instructions, however guess what?
Both things I tried, the soundtracks to force awakens and Harry potter and the deathly hallows were cheaper on audio cd than mp3, yee gods the economy is craaaaaaazy!

Edit the second: Okay found an mp3 album to buy I wanted.
When you buy straight off you will get the option either to use amazon's crappy program or to download the files directly as a zip.
if you want to download them again, you can use the embedded web player as above. find it under the link @web player@
Each album has a checkbox and there are buttons to play and download. The two things to be careful of are firstly that you select what you actually want to download, and secondly that you don't accidently go on to something else amazon prime wants to foist onto you, though fortunately amazon is careful enough with the buy confirmations to not make this an issue.

As I said, I don't know what their native amazon program is like for access, I suspect very crappy, but as I'm only personally interested in downloading drm free music that I can listen to with winamp, on my victor or whatever this shouldn't be an issue.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-06-17 14:09:09 (edited by Orko 2018-06-17 14:16:18)

Yes, their desktop player is mostly accessible, I discovered that it installs a task that runs at startup and stays in memory to monitor your music directories. I didn't want that so I deleted it, but the player put it right back, so I uninstalled it.

When I first started buying music from Amazon, your only option was their inaccessible music downloader, it was just that, a downloader, but this was before I lost my vision so it wasn't an issue. They must have added the direct download later. These days I just buy the audio CD and rip it, it's more often than not cheaper than their MP3 downloads. For individual tracks, I'll still use YouTube.

2018-06-17 14:39:33

Oddly enough sometimes the cd is cheaper, sometimes the download, its pretty random.
For example, the album I just bought was £9 on cd or £7 to download. On the other hand Starwars would've been £3 on cd (as little as £1.50 if I buy a preowned copy which I'm not above doing).

I do remember at one point their inaccessible downloader, my mum used to have to ask a friend whenever she wanted something, which given the trouble in getting it wasn't often.
Then again, that was also the point that Amazon seemed to be going a lot more loopy with drm and proprietary stuff, which they seem to have relaxed on surprisingly enough.

Either way, I appreciate that its now easy to get music from them when I want a full album, either on cd or by downloading with the web player, whichever is cheaper.

I do hope they keep the  download options around and don't move entirely to a streaming service, since these days getting people  pay recurrent fees for streaming, since trying to convert media to a rental system seems to be the in thing these days.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-06-17 16:08:16

I use spotify.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2018-06-17 18:11:58

I agree with you, Dark. I did try Google Play Music for the free one month trial, but canceled at the end of the month because I decided that I didn't need to pay for a streaming service just to have unobtrusive background music playing, a free service works just fine for that.

While I agree that being able to simply ask Google Home to play something specific would have been convenient, I can just use my Victor Reader Trek for that. My only gripe with it is that it refuses to connect to the Max via Bluetooth, so I have to wire it to a speaker to get decent audio from it, so if I want to change the track, or adjust the volume, I have to go to the Trek to do it, if the Bluetooth worked, I could just keep the Trek conveniently near me. I know it's a problem with the Trek because all my other devices will connect to it with no problem.

2018-06-17 20:24:34

Frankly if I want background music I just stick something on with Winamp or play classic  from their website.

Since I have a wireless keyboard its not exactly difficult to use my desktop from anywhere downstairs.

I will admit there are times when my lady and I are in conversation and she'll mention a given song or something will come up, and we'll have a go at playing with alexa when we're upstairs, but these efforts are so hit and miss it wouldn't encourage me to invest in amazon music unlimited, usually we tend to laugh when Alexa plays guns and roses instead of mat Munro big_smile.

What generally puts me off streaming services is the need to be tied to one device, and also the need to constantly pay that service and be dependent upon them for content, where as if I use my own collection I can guarantee to get music I'm interested in, music I can keep permanently.

Heck I still have both the digital rips and the cds of my final fantasy 7 soundtrack and my space themes beyond collection, both of which I bought literally twenty years ago.