2015-11-23 20:45:09

hello guys.
I'm sid, popularly known as sid512 here on the audiogames.net forum. well, as a matter of fact, most of the people
on the forum should be aware of my existence. but for those who don't, my name is sid, and I'm from india, mainly a college student as of now, going through the second year of graduation.
as of late, I've not been around here at all, partly because of an extremely  horrible position of life since last few months, and partly due to other reasons too.

what brings me posting here today is the fact that its been 5 years since the time when I registered on the forum, barely knowing how the site works and which audiogames are there in store for a person who apparently wouldn't enjoy mainstream games the way sighted people do. well, the idea was a bit fascinating at the start, but it didn't took a long time to blend in with the surroundings and learn something new along with the passage of time. the date was November 23, 2010. I still remember that night when I was on the site, trying to register and failing almost 3 times before getting the process right (strange, I know), but then, it was 2010, a long, long time back.
now when I look back at the time it feels like a duration as short as a single year, perhaps. but there is so much that had changed since then, including and not limited to the internet, the content in terms of audiogames, the surroundings and circumstances, schools, college, different people, and perhaps a few changes in location of residence, and so forth.

what hasn't changed is the desperation to explore something new almost all the time, whether it comes to a new site, youtube vids, or audio content, or other ways of recreation, or perhaps a few new games here and there (specially these days, as there frequency of arrival has definitely been reduced).

actually, at the time of registration my only desire was to post something on the battle zone thread or introduction one, but the only posts I could come up was hi followed by a smiley. that shows how hesitant I was at the time, same goes for the use of English language.

but slowly and steadily all that improved and forum became one of the most memorable places on the internet.

well, I would have preferred to write a long and fancy looking post but because of the outer unavoidable circumstances, I'd keep the post as short as possible.

the basic message is about the admiration of benefits obtained from the forum, which of course are many but I would hopefully list them on a future reply.

there have been tremendous forum incidents and memories, some serious some equally absurd, while others worth a moderation warning. but the evident truth is, the past used to be so much pleasant and enjoyable compared to current times. again I'd mention those in  follow up replies.

till then, let's relax and post some comments, views, insights, appreciation or just a word of greeting, and so on.

in case anyone assumes that I'd done something in past to cause harm or discomfort to an individual or a group, I'd like to put forward my sincere apologies in advance.

afterall, today was the day exactly 5 years from the date of registering on the forum. how about some celebration, perhaps.

big_smile
tongue

regards

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2015-11-24 01:34:37

Hello,
Wow, five years is a long time, so definitely congratulations. I've also been a member of this forum for a long time, I actually think this is my tenth year and I really like it here, there's been so many cool things that have happened.

2015-11-24 13:47:45

Five years? just a tiny little five years? Call that a long time you young whipper snapper! wait until it's ten and see how things are then big_smile.

Seriously, congrats on reaching the mile stone. I'm a little unsure what you mean about "Game frequency reducing" or the past being better than the present, sinse as someone who has to keep track of new releases I can tell you that the amount now is staggering! especially compared to the really early days back in 2006 when you were lucky to get a new game once a month.

After all we have three major platforms now, and multi platform games, indeed so many I find them hard to keep up with big_smile.

Either way congrats on reaching this mile stone and I'll raise a cup of preferd beverage (probably coffee), to your registration day big_smile.

Actually it's not going to be long before I myself hit the ten year mark either.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-11-24 14:54:07

Congratulation for your 5 years!