2015-11-18 19:40:22

Hello!
I know at least ponce media downloader does offer support for playlist downloading, but now it somehow stops working. Is there any alternative that's accessible for us?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-11-19 13:41:36

Youtube-DL is the key. Its so awesome. The only thing, it uses commandline. Its so, so worth it though.

2015-11-19 15:17:09

Mata,
If you lazy to use the command line, I'd recommend YTD video downloader which is really accessible. I've used it almost a year now. trust me. it also accessible.

2015-11-19 17:46:31

Socheat is right, but you have to bloody convert them manually to Mp3 which is a life-threatening pain in the back part of the neck.
I'm trying to find a way to download a channel or a playlist with free youtube to mp3 classic, but till now, no luck.

2015-11-19 20:04:02

What's this about pontes downloader not working? I just installed it recently after my pc got reformatted and it's absolutely fine.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2015-11-21 23:46:48

I know it's been said before but...
I can't even emphasize how awesome Youtube-dl, (YDL for short), is.
It can download over 700 video sites, popular ones include soundcloud, BBC, vimeo, youtube, ABC, adult swim, facebook...
Pretty much any popular video site it can download from. It also has built in audio conversion with FFMPEG, you can specify that you want all videos to just be converted to MP3, ogg... Anything FFMPEG supports.
Yes it's commandline, but that's a plus in my book.
Of course if you're not familiar with the commandline your missing out on a lot, and one of those web-based downloaders might do what you want.

Regards,
Blademan
Twitter: @bladehunter2213

2015-11-22 16:05:13

there's also the youtube dl addon for nvda.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2015-11-23 13:30:03

I am using the free YouTube downloader that comes packaged with a programme called Free Studio, by DVD VidioSoft, I think. When yo uinstall Free Studio, you are actually installing over 20 programmes including audio converters, YouTube to MP3 converter, YouTube downloader, vidio converter...and more. Its free, and to download it I usually type Free Studio dvdvidiosoft or something like that on google.
I don't know whether it will work for you, but that's what I use, anyway and its quite accessible imo

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2015-11-23 15:00:34

Are you kidding me? Free studio is not accessible with neither Jaws nor NVDA.
Do you use any trick, any script or whatever kind of method that make it compatible with screen readers?

2015-11-24 22:09:11

coltonhill01 wrote:

there's also the youtube dl addon for nvda.

And guess what that is based off of? tongue
YDL!
It's nice for quick downloading, but you lose a lot of more powerful options, such as output file name conventions, the ability to specify exactly what you want "Get items under 200 MB and only get 10 total", verses... "Get this link and use your defaults for everything".
Still, a useful addon.

Regards,
Blademan

2015-12-14 17:09:12

Hello,
Since I am the author of the Youtube-DL NVDA-addon, I had to answer when I found this thread. I wrote this addon to make my use of Youtube-DL simpler, since it's also my favorite video downloader. I wanted to improve this addon by adding more and more of Youtube-DL's features, however, a fiew annoying bugs are blocking me for continuing development of this addon. These are:
1. Download will fail sometimes for unknown reason to me, and the only way to hopefully fix it is restarting NVDA.
2. I cannot find a function inside The Youtube-DL Python module to cancel downloading. This means that if you accidentaly put an hour long video to download, you must either wait for it to finish or restart NVDA. So, I can't implement a valid cancel download function. It seams that Youtube-DL itself can only be aborted by closing the console window. OK, it is open source, so I can add my own cancel function, but in this case I'll have to merge my code with Youtube-DL's code every time when a new version arrives, and Youtube-DL is updated very often.
Having said that, my development of this addon will pause for a little, unless someone has an idea for fixing that. In that case, I can grant the commit rights on my bitbucket repository where I'm hosting the code for addon.

2015-12-14 20:36:50

Where can I find the youtube dl addon for NVDA?

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2015-12-15 12:20:39

Hello,
It's here: https://bitbucket.org/HKatic/nvda-addon-youtubedl
Here you can read the documentation which also includes a download link for the latest build that I've created.

2015-12-15 16:35:28

Hi rvoje.
I actually forked your add-on from bit bucket (as I don't have an account there), to github.
I haven't done anything with it yet, (Though I planned auto-updates of YDL).
It's at https://github.com/Oliver2213/NVDAYoutube-dl
If your interested.
I might work on it to add more fine-graned video download control, and I'll look into canceling downloads.

Regards,
Blademan

2015-12-15 16:45:46

Thank you! Code contributions are always welcome for open source software. Many users on NVDA addons list asked me about the ability to cancel downloads, so that's a priority to me, before doing anything else.

2015-12-15 18:09:09

thanks blademan, hopefully you can actually get it to work.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2015-12-15 22:42:52

Question about youtube DL for nvda. Does it download playlists and pull the names of the actual videos properly? Just wanting to confirm. big_smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2015-12-16 10:46:31

It does, but it sometimes fails to download entire playlist. I will look into this issue once I get more serious issues fixed first.

2015-12-16 20:29:57

With YDL itself you can specify an output naming format, the default is the title, a dash, and the video ID from the site it was downloaded from. I'll probably be adding this to my fork of Hrvoje's addon (after, as he said), bigger bugs are fixed.

Regards,
Blademan

2015-12-17 00:39:29

Nice. I hope I'll be able to merge your changes with my code on bitbucket.

2015-12-17 14:21:55

Make a github! tongue

Regards,
Blademan

2015-12-17 20:06:04 (edited by blindndangerous 2015-12-17 20:10:21)

Since no one has answered dark's question, the reason that pontes fails is because if you try to download a playlist, the program crashes.  I also don't know when the last time it was updated was.  For a test, try downloading FrozenFoxy's Let's play of Fallout 3.
If you fix the bugs in your NVDA addon I'll give it a try.  For now, I'll see if I can find youtube-dl.

2015-12-18 08:57:04

ponce downloader has been back to normal now. actually it's normal all the time. it's just me who forgot to update the downloader client and couldn't find the menu for some reason.
What I seriously don't like about ponce is, whenever it finds a deleted or unavailable video in the playlist, it just simply stops working.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2015-12-18 15:25:54 (edited by Blademan 2015-12-18 15:26:41)

@blindndangerous: The main github page for it is here, and a windows executable can be found here.
If you want to convert downloaded content to other formats, you'll also need FFMPEG. A windows version (which also includes FFMPlay and FFMProbe), can be found right here. Make sure to get a static build for either 32 or 64 bit. Just drop those 3 binaries in the same directory as YDL, or put any of them in your path and you can convert anything you download.
For help on what YDL can do, check the github page I linked, or ydl --help > YDLHelp.txt
notepad YDLHelp.txt
(I renamed my youtube-dl.exe to ydl)
Also, to update YDL, just run ydl -U (capital U), they release updates pretty frequently.
Good luck

Regards,
Blademan

2015-12-19 01:29:38

Thanks Blademan.