2015-11-14 15:35:25

The ultimate resistance test!

Hi all, have you ever wanted to have the NS studios sound library?
Well now you can!
NS studios sound library costs only 14 dollars right now!
And it's the limited offer so hurry up and grab it while it's there!
over 1800 audio files of sounds, production music and instrument samples could be yours just for 14 dollars!

Visit
http://www.nsstudiosweb.com/soundlib.htm
and grab your copy of the NS studios sound library now!

Kind regards,
Nikola Stojsic (NS studios)

2015-11-14 16:45:42 (edited by Figment 2015-11-14 17:39:36)

Very annoyed. NS Studios must know they are dealing with blind and visually impaired people, and yet there is a very difficult, for me, CAPTCHA in the middle of the purchase process.

I tried more than a dozen times to get past the CAPTCHA but the quality of the audio puzzles with the electronically altered voices is poor enough to be difficult at best to understand, so I simply couldn't get past it.

Until that CAPTCHA is removed, I'll just consider this inaccessible.

Besides, who ever heard of blocking being able to make a purchase with something like a CAPTCHA anyway? In all the online purchasing I've done over the past nearly 20 years, this is the first time I've ever encountered a CAPPTCHA in the purchase process.

I will say no more on this, they either remove the CAPTCHA so I can purchase the library, or they don't remove it, and they lose a sale.

2015-11-14 18:46:26 (edited by jack 2015-11-14 18:50:32)

I don't think ns programmed the captcha in on purpose. Could it be the purchase system he's using? If so, then I hate that system. Just standard paypal will do

2015-11-14 20:10:08

Greetings,

There is no captcha in the middle of the purchase, nor paypal (which is what I use - without any IPN services) has any captchas that I know of.
Tens of people have already bought this library in the past and there was no trouble.

Kind regards,

2015-11-14 20:19:05

Just confirmed.
No prompt for captcha verification on Paypal either.
And if you know anything about me, is that if I even put the captcha, it would be my custom accessible captcha thing.
I'm blind myself so what sense would make putting up the captcha that not even the author can solve.
That sort of nonsense isn't what you are gonna get from me.
Anyway, the discount is on for the limited amount of time, so I encourage you to go check out the demos and get if you like.

Kind regards,

2015-11-14 22:21:36

That's just it, I was using the PayPal option to pay for the sound library.

I suppose it's possible the CAPTCHA is from PayPal, but I've used them many times to pay for things before this and never had to pass a CAPTCHA until now.

2015-11-14 22:32:00

If you got the captcha (which I really find unlikely), then it has nothing to do with me.
I tested the purchase with a friend and was all good.
No captcha what so ever.
So even if you are getting the captcha, I can't do nothing about it, because I can not control the paypal's website.

Kind regards,

2015-11-14 22:46:06 (edited by Figment 2015-11-14 22:56:25)

Well, for whatever reason, when I use Internet Explorer, PayPal throws up that impassible CAPTCHA, but when I use Firefox, no CAPTCHA appears.

Which means that PayPal at least needs to be made aware that their CAPTCHA is a road block to completing purchases for blind users.

So now I'm waiting for the download links to the libraries. How long does it takes? I kind of expected them immediately after paying, but it's been at least 5 minutes now and nothing's happening. No promissed email with links.

2015-11-15 00:46:38

Got the links and the file. :-D

So here's the deal with the CAPTCHA. Apparently someone at PayPal thinks that a CAPTCHA proves that the person making the purchase is the holder of the PayPal account being used. I didn't know CAPTCHAs could do that! Does anybody here know how that works?

LOL! Sheesh! Idiots!

2015-11-15 03:41:36

Seriously, when will they learn? Captchas are a major roadblock for us. Webvisum has to constantly worry about not breaking as new versions of firefox come out and new/different captcha services are given. Selona is defunked, as far as I've heard, and I've heard they really weren't that great either having to rely on humans versus ocr. Damn it Paypal and anyone who use captchas! It seems though, that microsoft, google if they still use captchas, and some other companies are using versions of the captcha service that don't garble the audio, maybe Amazon does this too? So at least some folks are aware of the difficulties.

2015-11-15 04:36:26

What was used to build the zip file with the .wav files in it? My standard zip file manager, which never has problems with any zip file handed to it, says there are CRC and structure errors in it. And Windows 7's built in zip file manager gives unspecified errors if I try to use it to extract the files.

This is my second attempt to download the file, the first attempt terminated early.

2015-11-15 06:58:06

It was packed using win rar, although it should be extractable by anything.
I have tested the zips there were no crc validity errors, and I have also downloaded the files myself and tested the validity again and no problems.
Maybe whatever you're using to download, corrupted the file.
I'm using the high profile extreme quality service for the downloads so it should never stop while downloading.
Maybe it's your internet connection.

Kind regards,

2015-11-15 22:39:30

According to MalwareBytes I had some malware in my system. They are now gone, so I'm trying again to download the zip file with the .wav files in it. I kind of doubt it was the malware because I've not had any problems downloading anything else.

2015-11-16 19:06:48

Apparently NS Studio's hosting service was having issues, they put the file in a dropbox and I was able to succefully download it on the first try.

I was wondering where I'd get sounds for a couple of audio games I'm working on. I guess that now I know. :-D

2015-11-26 22:08:15

Happy thanks giving!
Because, I want to show to you all how much I appreciate your support over the years, I've lowered the price  of my sound library to 10 US dollars!
Get it, and make your thanks giving unforgetable by getting yourself some new sounds and music!
http://www.nsstudiosweb.com/soundlib.htm

Kind regards,

2015-11-27 07:29:04

Awesome, I get 10 bucks a week for doing chores around the house so I'll totally grab this with that.

2015-12-02 16:40:31

Hi.
I have just bought the pack, and I look very much forward to use the sounds at some great and needed places. big_smile Wow. 10 dollars is extremely cheep.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen