2015-10-25 07:12:46

GAAAAAAAH, just when I thought everything was going to be all right...

Using Viena, I've been able to get the bank numbers for the presets. But when I input them into the Track Properties, they don't show! I've moved the relevant sound fonts up and down, enabled and disabled them in case they started out as disabled or I accidentally disabled them during the first test, double-checked and retried the bank numbers, and nothing!

The numbers I've gotten from these sound fonts (which I downloaded from here in case you're interested. and yes, I decompressed them first):
000:000
000:052
I've been told that the first half of these numbers signify the program and the second half the bank, which contradicts what the QWS article about Bank Selection said about MSB/LSBs, but these were people on the QWS mailing list and they've been doing this a lot longer than I have.

I've honestly tried everything and I'm at my wit's end. I need help! What's the good of downloading all of these cool SF2s if I can't use them?!

2015-11-26 04:07:55

Bringing back this thread because I'm having issues with QWS and Virtual Midi Synth again and I've tried everything I know to fix it to no avail.

Virtual Midi Synth updated the other day, and I installed it, but had to do so over the top of the original installation because I didn't know how to automatically update with the software. It was only after I'd done this that I noticed playback was stuttering slightly, though not in the same way as before. Occasionally, a note is dropped, and/or the piece would jump forward just enough to be noticeable. I double checked all my settings were in order, and finding they were, I assumed the update had something to do with it. So I reinstalled the old version over the top of the new. The problem persisted. Today, I uninstalled the synth entirely, grateful that unlike Bassmidi, I could do so without shutting off NVDA. Then I reinstalled the updated version. Still no change. I'm becoming very frustrated and discouraged. I don't know what I did to cause this problem but it's not fair!

2015-11-27 13:00:24

That sounds like something is screwing with your CPU usage, and it's dropping/skipping to try and catch up. I've only ever had this problem with Windows Media Player and the default Microsoft synth, though. Your computer isn't trying to do something like install updates or sync devices while you're playing it, by any chance?
(Actually, I think WMP gave me that problem even when I wasn't connected to the internet. It's weird to hear a better engine doing something similar.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-11-28 18:10:54

I fixed it by doing a clean reinstall of the previous version. I think there's something screwy with the update. I did a clean reinstall of that too, and still had the issue. I'm honestly glad it's fixed now.