2015-11-29 13:12:45

Hello.
I've just finished the game in normal difficulty, but Infinite Mode wasn't unlocked.
It's written in the game manual that it will unlock by finishing the game in normal or higher difficulty levels.
What should I suppose to do to unlock this mode?

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2015-11-29 17:35:11

Hi,
the game doesn't tell you anything special after completing the normal difficulty but you should see the infinite mode menu item in the main menu anyway, right below load game.
Hope this helps,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-11-29 20:15:42

Hi.
But unfortunately I cannot find this option in my game. It's very wierd.
Maybe I mistakenly chose easy difficulty at the beginning of the game, I'm not sure.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2015-11-30 06:39:36

If you still can't see infinite mode in the main menu below load game, then I'm afraid that was probably the case. I can't think of any other explanation.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-12-03 06:40:49 (edited by ambro86 2015-12-03 06:45:18)

I am playing this game in these days, and it's fantastic! For me this, Adventure of the c and Paladin are the most qualitative in our audiogames world comparable only to japanese audiogames!
In the gate I like very much the long gameplay and the creativity to show a lot of different kind of enemies.

2015-12-13 01:18:40

Hi all,
I absolutely love this game. I'm curious about a couple things though not having beaten it just yet. In the level, the first one with the man-eating mushrooms, you know that pit that has a falling rock just before it? How do you jump over the pit without being crushed by the rock? You can't count on the sulfur wind to get you across there since sometimes it throws you right back to your left, and right in the middle of the pit on that side. And then in the level after you fight Carmella for the first time, how do you get across that huge pit? The one that the good vampire tells you you can't jump over?

I'm at Latitude E6530, and Longitude S100-1525.

2015-12-13 23:17:04

So when she says that this hole is too big to jump over, the only option you have is to let sulfur wind take you over it. But as soon as you get over the hole, kill the sulfur wind immediately, otherwise it will bring you back to where you don't wanna be.

2015-12-24 05:15:07

This is a very, very epic game, and I've heard it in action, but unfortunately it doesn't work on windows xp. There any way to get the Elias Engine working on xp?

2015-12-24 10:51:32

no, there is no way to make it work on xp. And I seriously don't understand what you think is so eppic about the game. The voiceacting... cheesy. The story... sucky, and sometimes entirely nonexistant. The enemies... always the same pattern. The levels... get so fuckin boring you begin to theorize that the horror element in this game is the longness, and boringness of the levels.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-12-24 12:25:54

So kinda like every single game from the 1990s that is still popular today, except with voice acting? tongue
Well, no. The enemies always have the same patterns, but the ones that remain popular generally aren't said to have boring levels. Even a lot of modern games don't use that much randomness in their challenges. (I mean, modern games are more plot-heavy even when it comes to little things, so there isn't quite so much room for randomness, but I guess they do permit more complexity.)
Really, Audio Games are some of the most randomized games I've ever come across. At least in the action/adventure genres.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-12-24 21:37:28

Well Connor, to each his own, and I really don't get a chance to decide that first hand until I try the game. I've only heard it in action, not played it myself. You say Elias can't! work on xp. Do you mean it can't, or that it just doesn't and won't until Elias updates it to work on xp? I'm assuming the ladder. This is a relatively new music engine, and xp is basically unheard of at first when it comes to new stuff. But I still use it on my macbook, because it is enough for my windows needs.

2015-12-24 22:22:56

well, the thing is that there's some bug that aaron or phillip I can't remember who is trying to fix, but after more than six months of no information regarding progress, I believe they stopped caring about adding xp support into the game, just like Aaron did with psycho strike and this game, which also is a good sign that there wil be no updates to make this game at least slightly more fun than repetative maths classwork.

2016-02-13 23:09:16

What are those damn enemies after you get passed the level with the chanting guy and the sludge? They hiss and kill you instantly, and I can't seem to get them to die. It sounds like lightning after you die, thus I tried to lightning rod, but to no avail; the rod is pointless, it won't work on them, or so it seems. Jumping is no good either, as they hit you either in the air or on the ground.

2016-02-14 02:36:53

Those are probably balloons, just jump and hit them with the knife to kill.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2016-02-14 12:53:54

Or even better, use the bow since it has higher range, so there's less risk of getting killed.

2016-02-14 12:56:31

I've had trouble getting the bow to connect when jumping, somewhy. I'm pretty sure that jumping is a boolean in The Gate, so I'm not really sure what's going on, there. Maybe my timing is just really bad?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2016-02-14 13:31:05

or even better than using the bow, never launch the executable.

2016-02-14 19:20:54

Or even better than never launching the executable, delete the game, format your pc then sell it. Lol, I was joking. I prefer using the sword against the balloons, fast reaction, not to bad range and without wasting your arows.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2016-02-14 22:01:44

Nevermind, those were balloons. I guess it helps if i play with the tutorial guy the first go around, but at any rate, I won the Gate! Man, Haees was intense.

2016-04-11 07:22:07

Hi to all sorry to posting this.
I like the game
I defeated the gray lady but cannot able to pass to level 3
how to jump over the 5 or 4 holes?
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-07-06 00:54:30

hey guys. i'm going to say what i'm thinking about the gate but first. please understand the following.
1. i don't critisize to make vgstorm to look bad, i hope they will continue to make good games.
2. i never coded a game, so i don't know how hard it is, how hard is to add stuff, etc.

ok, let's start with things that i like. first, i really like how each new level introduces new enemy, obsticle, etc. i like some of the sounds in the game and how some enemys, like ghosts can kill you in one hit. first i played the gate on easy mode and thought meh, this game sucks. i tried it in normal and it was slightly harder, i died 7 or so times, but still finished with 50 or so lives remaining. i save up my angels breaths for the final boss to last as long as i can before dying and i must say, most of the times i can kill him with 1 life. but let's take the gate and compare it to the other games vgstorm made. with what should we start? let's start with adventure at c, sinse it's vgstorms first release. please remember AAC is free. so, first of all, levels. AAC  keeps most of them short but chalanging, the gates levels are long, i mean really long with most of them as a blank space. enemys. AAC gave you something like a bow or a sword but laser uses batterys and you have to find a recharge or buy some at the shop while for bow you needed arrows, but for sword not. sword does more damage then bow in the gate and it doesn't have ammo. if you know what your doing in the gate you almost don't get hurt if your not get ambeshed. speaking of ambeshes and stuff. when i played through the gate for the first time, most times i die is because a rock falling right on top of me, like it popped out of nowhere. it's a cheap death. really, make game hard, but don't do that, it doesn't makes the game hard it just makes the game stupid. true in dungens sometimes rocks fall, but not that much. pluss, dungen has to be quite old for it to start falling apart. story. oh is there one? aah yes there is. now, here's an intresting thing. you don't get a lot of story in AAC but it keep pushes you, you wana know what will come next, while in the gate all  i thought was: "yawn, when will this end?". that's pretty much all about AAC. let's move onto paladin, shall we? i'd say it's much, much, much more fun then the gate. first, it's an rpg, second it has good story, third it has good music, you get my point, right? even if paladin had those annoying beeps, it was still fun. and, it didn't kill you cheaply like the gate does. true paladin can get boring or you  can get a headake from it after playing  it for a while, but i get a headake after hearing  the guy jump like 2000000 times in the gate as well. FYI, the fastest time i finished the gate was 2h 28min. i also have a playthrough of me playing through it on easy if anyone wants it. anyway, we're done with paladin i think. onto the last game that vgstorm made. it's called... psyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyycho strike. ok sorry, psycho strike. it's one of my favorites even if it gets boring from time to time. anyway, i'd say it's much more fun then the gate even if all you do is kill people/rob a bank/get more people for your gang/get food etc etc etc. it's really fun with drugs as well, but anyway, i think code in the gate is practicly the same with some stuff added in it, some sounds replaced, changed, etc. i think that's it. my rating for vgstorm games is: 1. AAC, 2. paladin, 3. psycho strike, 4. the gate. again, i'm not trying to make vgstorm bad or anything, i'm just telling what i'm thinking about it. thanks and sorry for english

2016-07-06 10:40:55

Hi Amerikranian and all,
I definitely understand where you're coming from, on most of your points. I haven't touched this game in over 6 months! I should get back into it at some point. I also appreciate your sensitivity toward the developers.
I've recently been discussing audio game development and improvement with a friend of mine, and while it may not be appropriate to put an entire rant about that here, I will still write it here anyway for those interested. This is not meant to address anything on the forum, though I've had to deal with a lot of nonsense over the past few weeks. This game definitely generated quite the controversy, so I think this topic is a safe place to put my rant. Lol
Anyway, like I say I've been talking to a  friend of mine about the current problems the audiogame community faces. I believe with as much attention to detail as we have, and with his BGT knowledge, he could really make something great, of course with a little help from others. We haven't yet started anything though, we both need to actually take our thoughts seriously before we go anywhere. So I'll not say anything more about that. However, the Ches board of Audio Game Innovation topic I created a while ago in the General Game Discussion forum was pretty much a direct result of differing opinions between us. I did not include anything about The Gate in that topic, as I was not seeking input on that game specifically, although it wouldn't be exempt from that discussion.
My friend knows BGT a little, and is already having some success creating little test games with it, so is able to deduce perhaps a little quicker than many of us how The Gate works. His problems with the Gate from a technical standpoint are that it uses the same wind ambiance throughout, and the sounds are very dry and standard. While they sound good, they do not sound realistic to the environment. He also criticizes the step-wise movement of the objects on the board, as it feels very squared and steppish. If you are keen on such things, you will indeed notice that objects in The Gate do not have continuous movement, but stepped movement as they travel through each square on the board.
As is a pretty well-known fact by now, The Gate is a very monotonous game. Monotony is, after all, easy to work with in coding a game. All a programmer has to do is create objects or functions that describe one instance of itself, and then recall those things over and over as needed. My friend and I jokingly say things like, "The Gate does things the cheap way," But sadly that is a true statement. For techies like him and I, that does put things in a different perspective. Doing things "the cheap way" in no way makes a bad game by itself, and the consequences of that can be actually good or bad. It depends on whether you use that as a feature, or just an aid to your expediency. Unfortunately, as simple as The Gate is mechanically, difficult often feels cheap so that the game isn't too easy. particularly when you consider the other side-scrollers which were hard in their day but are now quite manageable. Adventure at C: was more complex than The Gate mechanically.
In my opinion, The Gate was written far too quickly. But not carelessly or without thought. There is a very large and crucial difference between a game written quickly and carelessly and a game written quickly with effort. I am not trying to degrade The Gate, I am trying to say that the game could be so much better had it been given more time and resources. I am not demanding or complaining about what we have.
While it is not easily possible to decrypt The Gate's sound files, it is very possible, and in fact legal and without any hidden secrets, to view The attributes and names of The Gate's sounds. There is a working example in the BGT manual that requires little more than a simple copy/paste procedure and an updated BGT installation to list the files in a pack, and this works as expected on the Gate. With some knowledge of BGT's script you could write up a program to export all the files from within a pack. The files would still be encrypted but you could get a better look at their attributes. I can attest to the fact that the game has over 1,000 sound files, and many of them comprise music alone. However, what I am about to tell you will likely shock you. If you were to take the music out of the game, you would be left with a program that would sit comfortably on a computer from the 90s. The game would be no more than 50 MB in size, if I remember correctly the sound effects were only 18 MB! Though I could be wrong on that. So, that leaves at least 250 MB of the game's data files to music. That, my friends, is a result of the Elias music engine doing its work, and the game doesn't even have many songs! The reason the songs are so large is that Elias expects each song to be split into multiple layers of complexity which switch depending on the intensity of the scene, and each layer has individual instruments as separate audio files! This quickly adds up to a few hours of material for only a few songs.
One of Elias's strengths is that because it works with split tracks for each music intensity, it is able to create dynamic music which as I said above, changes intensities depending on the scene. However these layer changes are not easy for me or many others to notice in The Gate unless you actually listen for them. For a game which actually makes them easy to hear and very engaging, I find Metal gear Solid II to be a perfect example. There are no doubt countless others which I don't know about since I don't listen heavily to gameplays. The Gate's music does adapt, but not drastically enough to hear unless you listen for it. The songs which are played in The Gate are well orchestrated, but even when cranked up they are not very easy to hear and get into. I cannot sit down and memorize melodies like I would while listening to super Liam, Q9, or even an 8 bit mainstream game. Once again, I can tell much effort was put into the music, but it isn't particularly memorable music. It is not bad, in fact it is perhaps some of the best music I have heard in an audio game if we consider sonic characteristics. But as a musician I cannot connect the music to the game's atmosphere, particularly in spots when the battle is heavy.
However, none of what I have ranted about above is actually too important. Yes, it sounded like I was complaining, but in fact I was not. Why do I say that? It all stems from a question which I believe my stepdad asked me when I was a little kid. He only intended to create a reaction which would bring about mild amusement, and perhaps a little lighthearted debate, but it still serves as a perfect introduction to the meat of this rant. If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a noise? Certainly. We do not need to engage in a philosophical debate to say so. If I somehow drag you out into the wilderness, say, 4,000 miles away from civilization and brutally torture and then murder you, but nobody is around to see it, and nobody misses you, and then I wash the blood from my hands and live the rest of my life as I did before this happened, did I still commit a crime? Of course I did! If any evidence cropped up to support my crime, the case against me would at least be opened, whether your death was noticed or not. It might not go to any court because of lack of evidence, but it would still be investigated. Perhaps a more useful question to ask would be this: does it matter? That would effectively enter us into the largest philosophical debate of values that encompass the entire civilized human race. If we can't hear that tree falling in the forest, does the noise it will make matter? Probably not, unless of course you would like to account for unforeseeable circumstances, which for all purposes of practicality is pretty silly. My point here is simply this. If we can't hear it or notice it in a game, then do we need it? With a little thought, you might figure out that this is far more than a yes or no answer. Subliminal things are what actually make many games more awesome. But how small is too small?
When evaluating a game, we shouldn't initially look at how technically shiny it is, how few corners are cut, how many things we can find that are better, but instead how satisfied we are with what we have. I can't say that enough. Let's face it, the more picky you are, the harder it will be to have something that's perfect. And if you do find something you find perfect, the entire world, or even your closest circle of friends might still think you're totally bonkers to think the way you do, no matter how powerful or technically justifiable your arguments may be.
I will explain my own reaction to The Gate to drive this point home. I was very excited and supportive of the game when it first came out. I know I do have moderately low expectations with games, so I am easily impressed. That said, once I have been impressed by something and my reactions have run their course, it is not easy for the same thing to impress me again, unless it does something a little different and fresh, or seems to be tayloring to something I like. This precisely happened to me with The Gate, and would explain why I haven't played it in a while. While I don't believe I posted it here, I did eventually unlock the secret mode you get after beating normal. While not bad, I found it quite easy as compared to the normal game, and it didn't hold my interest for as long. Once that had run its course, I knew I hadn't much left to look forward to. Hades was so frustrating for me on normal that I was not about to try hard. Assuming I could make it to the Hades battle, I knew I would probably develop severe game rage, and at this rate it would set in quickly, and I would never want to touch the game again. So as more of a courtesy to myself, I didn't even tempt that. Then, when I learned more of the technical details I specified above, I started to get a sense that the game was, perhaps, more average than I was willing to admit to myself. I never did think it was the best game ever, but as I said way back, learning these details did put things more in a perspective. However I am not one to let technical details ruin my opinion. I notice them yes, but you know what, they don't change how the game plays. I'm still going to play it using the same strategies I did before I paid as much attention to such details. Because I knew this wasn't the most advanced game in the world to begin with, I could settle for the fact that its music takes up over 80 percent of the game's content, its voice acting may not be great to my fancy, the difficulty is purposefully and brutally hard, and its mechanics aren't anything special unless you count the strategically engineered levels. I was able to set the things aside which I felt were left a little short, and adapt to them. That is not to say I don't care about such things, or that I would be okay if audio games did not progress. Quite the contrary. But on the same note, I am, like I said earlier, relaxed with my expectations. I will not be the one screaming for someone to push the envelope forward, I will instead be the one gently nudging, because I have a true appreciation for the work put into even a simple game, since I can't yet even code a Slots game without a massive headache.
When downloading a new game, I used to look for unencrypted sound files before starting it. If I found any, I would listen to them. I don't even do that these days. Partially because so few games have unencrypted sounds now, but also because the primary purpose of a game is to be played as a game, not picked apart. It is more of a matter of personal discipline for me not to analyze and pick apart a game though, since if I let myself, I'd go overboard and not let the game carry me into its world. after beating Super Liam and Tarzan Junior, for example, both games now feel like a bunch of squares, objects and .wav files, because I made the mistake of listening to the sounds of the full versions before even buying my registration codes. Knowledge can destroy innocence.
While it is often tempting to look at the components of something before you use it, and while I will admit to doing it many more times than not, I still think that choosing not to acknowledge something can be a sign of sensitivity and humility, and does not simply say "I don't care." I do care about many things, and after a game has run its course I will allow myself to dig into it as much as I can, with my limited knowledge of how games are coded. But I only do that after I know I have gotten the gaming part of the experience out of the way.
I by no means am claiming to be well-balanced. I am not trying to encourage or tell you to think the way I do, nor am I trying to convince you to agree with me. Both would be outrageous expectations. I am instead gently trying to encourage everyone to give your own personal opinions more thought, as a self-check. Make sure you're not fooling yourself into thinking something which you will soon find was totally stupid. Opinions can be about anything, and they are very personal things. So long as you are confident in your ability to make well-thought decisions and opinions, and you try your best to base them off your own personal hierarchy of values, morals and tastes, that's all that matters. The best way to really know yourself is to admit how much or little attention you will give to specific details when actually using the product for its intended purpose. It's okay to not be certain, or to have some "just in case" measures, but I think establishing boundaries, like I demonstrated above with my technical self-discipline, is a great aid in keeping things in check if you allow yourself to give it some open and honest thought.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2016-07-06 12:10:59 (edited by momo7807 2016-07-06 12:17:46)

Hi Post 397 yes, I totally agree with that. Let me give my thoughts. 1. Listening game sounds before you actually discover what it is, that will ruin 50 percent of fun. For example, I played alter aeon, I leally enjoyed it. The Mush-z client was good however what I didn't like in Mush-z was learn game sounds. It directly opens the sounds folder and allow you to listen them, even sounds which you didn't discover. Yes, I listened to them and I felt um like, let's just say, I felt if I knew what would happen in the future. That made the game kind of boring, at least for me it was something that I shouldn't have done. But I've done that anyway, and after a short time, I don't play alter aeon now. Same thing goes for any game. Why do we play games? What is the audiogames.net about? In my opinion, we play games because it's fun, and it is fun because we don't know and we don't wanna know how the game coded technically. If you break your favorite game apart, you'll notice that the game is nothing more than a calculator. We play games because we don't know how they coded, like I said. I'm trying to not to be harsh or disappoint any audiogame developers, but I have more serious question. Why do you develop an audio game? Well most of you say I develop audio games because it is fun and I wanted. Yes, I thought that way, like other developers. However, I recently checked the Death match topic and it's posts, and there was a post by danny. What he said in that particula post was that the Dmnb was a time waster. He had to fix several things to keep the server going. I focused on that line where he says that the dmnb was a time waster. So I've got another question to audio game developers. Let's assume that you are in high school and you are developing a really awesome audio game. It takes a lot of work and so much time. Then you need to code constant updates and also keep the server running if a unexpected error happens. Okay, let's say it is very popular and you took care of this awesome thing for 5 years. Now what? What does it return for you? If it returned nothing, then you can say, this game was a time waster. I think danny was in that case. Now, what would you guys do when that happens to you? Will you simply shut it down and say, hey I stopped working on this project for personal reasons? Or will you continue work on that project? I'm sorry if I was harsh, but again, I'm not disappointing you guys, I'm just asking questions.

2016-07-06 12:32:30

Hi raygrote
I do agree with you
I noticed that the game is too hard to beat specially the level five where you have to cross both sides of the dungeon and finally interact with the preast.
I will appreciate the sounds of zombies and skelitor but Why we have oppocaleptic zombies?
try something new arron!
Why this didn't have ork, imp, and ogres.
I don't know programming I am struggling with BGT but I can share Ideas if you like.
look at the entombed it is smaller than the gate and have a lot of innovation.
you know it is only 49 MB and have more than 300 jobs.
but I do appreciate your effert because it still have some ability to grow up.
the worst game which I ever played is the Grif by gyro.
well the game play is long and have same mechanics
I am wondering that this dungeon don't have gravity!
I was killed by a soleful wind in level 8 and I do hate this level because the wind and for the mushrooms.
Sorry if its sounds quite against your expectation but the game doesn't creat any horrer to me.
look at descent into madness this game is too scarry even the anker's voice in main menu.
I think if you creat a scarrey voice in main menu and in the whole game it would be cool.
As far the music goes I don't think that this music is cool.
only two three notes combines with strings and with some other instrumentation.
Try to update this arron. Don't forget to remember BK 3 becausethis game is a lot better than your game even it is a jap game. 
Thanks
ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-07-06 17:10:00

@raygrote

if you want dynamic music you should check out killer instinct, lol the new one not the originals of course

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.