2007-10-18 18:54:30 (edited by dark empathy 2007-10-19 00:57:26)

that's right, not one, but two classic audiofied side scrollers have recieved the joys of updates. Both were games from the mid 80's, both involve grabbing coins and tacling snakes, lava and fire, both are developed by devs who are variations on a theme of Thomas, and both even begin with an M!

Firstly, tommy Carrel's fantastic audio remake of Marios' adventure is going into it's first update phase with public beta 2. Bug fixes as always, but now, you can also jump yourself into warp pipes, and utilize the famously hard hitting noggin of large mario to smash certain blocks. for both of these, simply jump immediately as you here the appropriate sound (check the learn game sounds menue for details), and to grab it, jump immediately down This warp pipe to the Dsg site

If bouser has temporarily stomped on the site, simply try again later, --- I hear Dragonslayer games is having temporary server (and giant turtle), related issues at the moment.

Secondly, yes, this time it is! actually a new update of montizuma's revenge! Beta 4 now contains the ability for Panama Jo to give snakes what for with any trusty swords he may come across, and the original death and game over sounds making a return. Also, perhaps in a fit of jealousy against mario, Panama Jo can now attack any enemy he may land upon, ---- provided he has a sword of course. In compensation though, enemies are now much nastier at all difficulty levels. For the new and improved Montizuma's revenge Beta 4, try sliding down this rope to the Usa games site I just hope it doesn't catch fire on the way!

So, best of luck in your efforts to rescue princess toadstool, or line Jo's pockits with the proceeds of his temple hunting expeditions, and just remember to take your best pair of monster headache causing boots with you!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-19 04:36:02

I hope someone will be able to host it on another site until the website is back up.  For Mario i mean.  This game is awesome.  Thanks Tommy.

2007-10-21 02:16:45

Yeah, ace games might. We hosted beta one. This is great Tommy! DSG rock on!

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-10-22 00:41:05

Yes. Yes, Montizuma's Revenge Beta Four sounds cool.

Now I am safe to say I have beta1, beta3, and beta4. Now I need beta2, and I will have the setup files for all the betas. If anyone has beta2 put it somewhere. I wanna try all the betas and see what the, uhh, changes are.