2015-09-25 02:31:58

Hi all,
I have been looking at the scripts for Miriani/Prometheus for wanting to make soundpacks of my own. I want to make a mush-Z like soundpack for Wayfar1444 as I've been getting back into it. These scripts seem to have pretty messy code, and I may as well learn BGT if I want to code for these.
I haven't taken a look at Mush-Z yet, but VipMud''s scripts for Promo seems pretty complex for playing multiple sounds, gagging is simple enough using #gagline to gag all text without displaying it. I forgot the other function to display the text in output but gag speech.
I don't need the misc stuff that Alter Aeon MushZ has, like the equipment manager, auto healing... but I do want to make a config dialogue similar to it.
Also, I'd gag misc things like "X messes with <insert toolname here>".

I also want to do one for Aardwolf as well. I love the speedwalking features of that game. Alter Aeon is god, but I think there're some better muds that deserve the MushZ treatment.

2015-09-25 03:31:07

Hi Orin.
I agree when you look at scripts they do look very messy. There full of symbols and things but if you have some programming experience of anykind scripting muds isn't impossible. I would suggest mushclient, vipmud maybe simple to use but it's not easy scripting. Plus putting in triggers gagging and all that is very possible with mushclient.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-09-25 12:27:44

I have a bit of programming experience, but VipMud code isn't very readable to me.
I'll need to start learning lua for Mushclient, then. I'll take some stuff from maybe the Promo soundpack or the Alter Aeon scripts and modify them.
I won't use Alter sounds, though, just use the scripts as examples to see how this stuff is done.

2015-09-25 15:48:39

I actually htink VIP mud scripting is easier if you haven't done scripting before, but if you have, LUA is definitely easier to read. Also VIP mud doesn't let  you do nearly as much as mushClient does beacuse you don't have any com integration, so you are limited to what the developer lets you do. I would probably go for lua, and you are already doing that anyway.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!