2015-09-06 06:42:55

Hi all,
What is the answer to the Adrift forum Spambot question? I just want to get on the forums and not necessarily comb Google.
What is the most famous Interactive Fiction magic word?
I thought it was undue, you know, like magically undue a turn to redo it.
It's a shame the accessibility bug for Adrift 5 only got five votes. I hope Campbel is using NVDA to get these issues fixed.
Or trying to get them fixed, anyway. Adrift seems by far the easiest to use as far as actually writing a game. I'm curious to know how Bbben packs his Adrift games into single executable files.

2015-09-06 19:02:10 (edited by blindncool 2015-09-06 19:04:08)

Hi. The most famous magic word in IF is xyzzy. Also, who is Bbben?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-09-06 22:58:28

Bbben is an Adult Interactive Fiction author that lately, has been combining Interactive Fiction with the gameplay of a Visual Novel. He uses Adrift 5. Playing his games are reasonably accessible. The Blorb files usually don't work for me though, so you'll have to get his executable which I guess is just Adrift Runner with his game. If Adrift 5 was accessible, I want to do something similar without visuals and Erotica, of course. Twine's 2.0 story format Harlowe seems good too, but the Twine 2 editor remains largely inaccessible at least for me, even the online version.
And ah, so that's where that word and the Zizzy awards come from.

2015-09-08 02:11:58

Ah, well that's interesting. I really hope Campbell is working on making ADRIFT 5 more accessible.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-09-08 05:31:09

Hi
Haha I got the word it's xzzy. It's used in a lot of if games.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-09-15 14:36:23

@blindncool, thanks for sharing this magical word. I didn't know it before.