2015-09-03 03:15:59

Hi all,

I know there are google tts for android out there with several languages. but I'm kinda wondering, does google tts available for windows. I want to try this out.

2015-09-03 04:00:13

I don't think so, plus, unless its the high quality version of the voice, trust me, you do not want to try it out. The regular android voice sounds like someone with psychological issues and possibly unresolved sexual tension in their life. like angry ya know.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-09-03 04:16:24

High Quality voice, only on the Chrome web browser.

Medium quality voice, via Chromebooks.

2015-09-03 04:31:35

Theoretically, the offline US English google tts voice could probably work with nvda, it's just the synth data witha bunch of java files, all that'd have to be done is write a driver for it. IT's opensourced so it shouldn't be that hard. The android version, sadly not as of now. Even the good one like the jellybean/ice cream sandwitch version, no. It's opensource, but it's a .sso file. .sso is basically a dll on android, it's code specifically designed for arm processors though, so even if you were to get the code, good luck gettin it to run on windows.

2015-09-03 04:38:58

Ok, thanks for the answer guys.

2015-09-03 10:11:57

Hi mate,
If the stupid developers of Google think that high quality voices can be produced within 13 MB per voice, including ability to read symbols and other special characters like Smiles, cheerful faces and all that stuff, then I think it's better this TTS engine wasn't ever made available for Windows.
There was a time when I loved Google TTS, when even with 5 MB a British male voice could make up my mind to use it because of its lovely pronunciation and I have uninstalled all the new updates that have come to Google TTS. I can use it again but it is too slow comparing to other TTS engines, like vocalizer.

2015-09-03 10:51:30

Yeah Afrim, Google tts and pico tts are the slowest synth on android. but google tts sound's nice.